What should be the XI for the 4th and 5th ODI

bowl_out

2 minutes ago, philcric said:

Plays for not outs.

Small sample set.

Low SR of 83.

Doesn't look convincing while batting, timing seems very off. Struggles to hit boundaries on demand, struggles to rotate strike, both of which were his strong suites till a few years back. Makes the pitch look difficult than what it is. Puts a lot of pressure on others to pick up the slack in terms of RR.

cant blame not out for his poor average ..

dhoni is not getting younger , obviously he is not the same batsmen he used to be ..

hey .. elephant is worth 1000 sovereigns , dead or alive :p:

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

1. Rohit

2. Dhawan

3. Gill

4. Jadhav

5. Shankar

6. Hardik

7. Karthick /  Dhoni

8. Jadeja

9. Bhuvi

10. Siraj

11. Chahal

--  Gill should play in the middle order as he can be the ideal No.4 for WC.

--  Play Jadhav, Hardik and Shankar in the 4 to 6 spots and give them game time.

--  Khaleel should not be picked till the time he keeps on trundling.  Lack of effort should not be rewarded.

--  Kuldeep needs to be rested so that international batters don't get enough practice against him in dead rubber games.

--  If the Great Grey Beard insists on playing then he should replace Karthick and not one of the youngsters.

-- Rest the overworked Shami.

Agreed, this should be the the team, except Shankar. It's a given, he won't be part of the WC team, whereas Karthik will be. 

It's Prudent to play Karthik at 5, at times short term goals need to be given the priority.

Harsh on Shankar after being picked, and then dropped after Pandya's comeback, but that was always going to be the case. Team should be ahead of the individual's, especially with WC around the corner.

I am still not sold on Rayudu. He is okay while chasing 230-240 total when openers give a good start. But the issue will be when we bat first...I doubt he play with a strike rate of 90+. In modern ODI games there are no place for consolidator...every batsman must bat at 90+ strike rate unless the team is chasing some modest total.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rest shami for next 2 ODis . Have only one of Kulcha play . If you win the toss bat first with goal of 350+  mentally.

Play Gill, vijayshankar and jadeja . This will test our middle order to a great extent . No point in fielding the best 11 . 

If dhoni is back then vijayshankar will need to sit out . But TBH i don't want Dhoni to play. He is anyways a certainty at WC, at least we can get the best out of the rest. 

Edited by prasen82
16 hours ago, Jimmypage said:

Agreed, this should be the the team, except Shankar. It's a given, he won't be part of the WC team, whereas Karthik will be. 

It's Prudent to play Karthik at 5, at times short term goals need to be given the priority.

Harsh on Shankar after being picked, and then dropped after Pandya's comeback, but that was always going to be the case. Team should be ahead of the individual's, especially with WC around the corner.

The reason I want to try Shankar is because we should be ready with a backup in case Pandya is injured or otherwise unavailable for the WC.  Shankar needs to bat in actual ODIs.  Just imagine the situation if he has to bat for the first time in a WC match  

Your point regarding Karthick is a valid one too ... which is why I want to play him and rest Dhoni.

48 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The reason I want to try Shankar is because we should be ready with a backup in case Pandya is injured or otherwise unavailable for the WC.  Shankar needs to bat in actual ODIs.  Just imagine the situation if he has to bat for the first time in a WC match  

Your point regarding Karthick is a valid one too ... which is why I want to play him and rest Dhoni.

if dhoni is going to Wc and he is and wud be 1st which has been made clear by TM he shud play as much as possible. Rest wont help him and it will effect the team further 

Dhoni also has to make commercial calculations and not just cricketing ones (TV Screen Time == Playing Time). Brand Dhoni vs. Player Dhoni is a tension now that he is no longer the player he once was.

Except for his wicket keeping skill in stumpings to spinners, what facet of his game is still truly world-class? Keeping to pacers? Guiding spinners? Setting fields? Setting a target in the final overs? Chasing a target?

Can he sustain the recent form into IPL and post-IPL into the World Cup?

The cynical answer for our predicament might be that many of the current Indian players' brand futures might be tied up with Dhoni's. That is not necessarily bad if they can deliver the World Cup and cash it in afterwards. Only a problem, if they are rent-seeking rather than seeking returns from investing their genuine talents for Team India ;-)

Edited by profster