WC squad selected, DK n Jaddu selected.....no rayudu, pant

39 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

What kind of Lahori Logic is this from Simon Doull? Karthik is better selection over Pant because he would be more than happy to sit on bench where as Pant would want to play. If thats the criteria, even i would be thrilled to sit on the bench, and i won't even want to pick up my bat for whole tournament. 

Wouldn't we want a stronger bench to push the players in the main 11. If those on bench are happy just being in the WC squad, then let them travel with the team without being part of the squad officially.

Going by comments of nearly every expert, it's becoming clear, DK's selection is to ensure Dhoni gets an uninterrupted run. Imagine Pant being on the bench and Dhoni failing in first couple of matches. TM will be under immense pressure to play Pant. With DK there, they don't have to bother now. 

Also going by selectors logic of multi faceted player for Shankar, in Chahal vs Jadeja, I see Chahal warming the bench and Jadeja playing instead which will be a disaster. Same with Shami vs Bhuvi, Bhuvi will play due to his batting abilities.

3 hours ago, SK_IH said:

It seems Pant has snubbed them in one of the matches, that's why as per them he is not that goody goody and DK is a gentleman :laugh:

Also when you have Rahul who is kept very well what is the need to have another WK.

Edited by rkt.india
16 hours ago, putrevus said:

Why was Mayank not even brought into discussion for the world cup.He too me looks the most accomplished player of spin among all Indian batsmen including Kohli.The way he handled Lyon was a delight.He has better SR in list A than Rahul or Shankar.He is already playing in middle order in IPL.

Thats cos he hasnt played a match yet for india . 

26 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Whom would you have picked as 15? 

would not have picked Jaddu/DK at least.  DK is a good candidate to bat at 6 but dont think he will play ahead of Jadhav.  so that is waste of a spot.  You they wanted a spinner, it should have been an off spinner as we traditionally struggle against left handers.

Edited by rkt.india
18 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

would not have picked Jaddu/DK at least.  DK is a good candidate to bat at 6 but dont think he will play ahead of Jadhav.  so that is waste of a spot.  You they wanted a spinner, it should have been an off spinner as we traditionally struggle against left handers.

Interesting, I thought you would add another seamer for DK.

Regarding off spinner, there is only Ashwin as option.

Horrible selection

All my excitement for the world cup has been completely deflated by these moronic selectors and clueless Kohli

All of Kohli's over the hill revenue maximising best friends are in and the fearless young talent is nowhere to be seen

bleurghhhhh 

42 minutes ago, someone said:

Does pre world cup form really matter? Our players were terrible in 2015 pre WC, yet we did well to reach semis.

I think it is not just form. it is about the potential as well. Dhoni is well past it. Just common sense is left in his batting that with certain limitations. Jadhav very unreliable with his dinky shots. Some time he gets out as soon as he gets in. He has been dismissed 27 times in the one dayers. 14 times he played less than 15 balls before he got out.How can we go to world cup with such an unreliable player at no.6.

On 4/15/2019 at 3:19 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

D4L1rShUEAABkci.jpg

karthik, vijay shankar and jaddu are wrong selections.

Karthik- history proves that he is not a msd replacement , having said that even pant is not a ready wicket keeper but in batting he can be a game changer and playing him can make u win the match so MSD if unfit, i would have played rishabh. rishabh and karthik are equally bad in keeping and i would have better on rishabh.

VJ Shankar is definitely not good enuf to be INDIA's no 4 - shreyas Iyer was the best bet, VJ  Shankar is not a 3-dimensional player, his batting is OK not as good as raydu/manish/shreyas/kedar jadhav, his bowling sucks big time and his fielding is better than raydu but still average, raydu as fielder is Poor.

jaddu does not do well in england , fields well ,may not play but just field as extra..then its OK

15 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

What kind of Lahori Logic is this from Simon Doull? Karthik is better selection over Pant because he would be more than happy to sit on bench where as Pant would want to play. If thats the criteria, even i would be thrilled to sit on the bench, and i won't even want to pick up my bat for whole tournament. 

Simon Doull blows hot and cold on his comments... Sometimes, they make a lot of sense (like what he said on Ashwin's Mankading) and sometimes they are garbage comments like this one.

14 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Going by comments of nearly every expert, it's becoming clear, DK's selection is to ensure Dhoni gets an uninterrupted run. Imagine Pant being on the bench and Dhoni failing in first couple of matches. TM will be under immense pressure to play Pant. With DK there, they don't have to bother now. 

Highly doubt this.. Even if Dhoni failed in a couple of matches, they would somehow show his value behind stumps, fast stumping, advice to spinners etc to keep him in the side... Dhoni will likely play all matches as long as he is fit... TM doesn't seem to care about his performance

12 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Or maybe because he hasn't been given chances yet. We are okay with Shankar going to WC having played 5 matches (in the last two series)

That's because he is three dimensional :laugh:

On a serious note, you can't have a whole squad with players that have played less than 10 matches..  The selectors placed their bet on Shankar. That was it.