India is not Hindi-Speaking States Alone, Says DMK Chief Stalin

randomGuy

2 minutes ago, diga said:

Have heard from more than one northie (senior director levels) that the reason for IT industry flourishing in Bangalore is more so because of the accommodating nature of kannadigas. 

Personally I feel it's more due to the climate & talent pool from defence industries. 

I think Bangalore in the 90s was a SEZ of sorts with very low tax rates for the first few years for IT start ups/set ups. I remember reading this, maybe some seasoned IT person can chip in here.

help @maniac @vvvslaxman

5 hours ago, Lannister said:

Come on. The brutality of Nirbhaya's case showed how uncouth and uncultured some of the people living in Hindi belts. India's global safety index for women plummeted following that episode. 

And we have the majority of parliamentary seats alloted to these states. 

What about that child who was raped by almost all the workers in her colony?

You want to start this now.

What about the guy who went to a girls class and set her on fire?

You want to start this now?

But then expecting any other thinking from some one like you is silly.

What do you think ..you are so special ,God's gift to humanity that you need more representation from the rest of second class citizens of this country.

If you represent your state,then you are a pretty pathetic example .

Edited by beetle

3 hours ago, I6MTW said:

Wife bashing, husband being the sole decision maker in the house, says that north indians are more misogynistic "on an average". That is a sign of regression. I know of incidents personally regarding this. Racism exists on both sides, but probably a bit more in the North. What about the term madrasi to refer all south indians? Who coined the term then? 

No one bashes wives in south?

Husbands don't take decisions at home in south? South Indian women are bosses at home?

South Indian men are are not mysogynistic at all?

As for ' madrasi'...I guess it is from the times when chennai was madras. It reflects the ignorance of people .

Just like people here have no problem clubbing all north Indians as one .

Do people realise that a lot of hindi speaking people have mother tongues that are not hindi?

Just because a lot of non hindi states and their people have adopted hindi without any chest beating does not mean all hindi speakers are same. They are probably less chauvanistic and accepting in nature.

North Indians clubbing all south indians by one term is no different from some people clubbing all hindi speakers as one.

My grandmothers from both sides did not speak hindi ...nor did their parents. 

Infact most hindi speakers other than UPites have their own languages and dialects.

Edited by beetle

9 hours ago, Gollum said:

Hate DMK/Stalin/DK/Lemurians from the core of my heart but agree with what he says here. India's diversity has to be respected, no conformity sorry. I also say this wrt Bengal, I am happy BJP made progress there but hope they respect the culture of the state, allow Bongs to have their meat, give preference to Kali/Durga over Ram, allow the main medium of exchange to be Bengali etc.

In Mumbai BJP enforced meat ban on some particular days (Jain festival), in MP they removed egg from mid day meal scheme in govt shools, in other places they want to raid refrigerators, impose dietary restrictions. Dare they do that in Bengal, I won't begrudge if Bengalis give BJP GPL in next elections @Muloghonto. Your job is to govern, not spread your way of life.

And about time BJP supporters stop making fun of politics in Tamil Nadu. They kicked out Congress in the 60s, rest of Indians (except a few) were under Congress boots till the 2010s. Newly converted BJP bhakts must realize they are late to the party. Bengalis and Tamils did something ballsy way back against the might of the all powerful Congress machinery when ROI was in slumber, they were the first to weaken the monster, ride against rough waters, resist tyranny, your lot entered the party when things were more smooth. So stop calling such states insignificant, they aren't used to slavery under boots of Nehry dynasty. TN also didn't suffer on the growth/HDI front because of their political choices. Just because BJP failed there (for their own faults and shortcomings) don't start the sermons. Blame the party rather than voters. 

Maybe DMK being elected won't be that bad, they can be one party that can represent those in Parliament who hold diversity sacrosanct, federalism as an integral part of our democracy. 

Stalin says many stupid things, but what wrong has he said here to warrant this hyperventilation :cantstop:

Bjp needs to stop interfering with the individual rights of citizens ...whether it is food, clothes,way of life.

The job of govt is to govern well...not get inside peoples kitchens and bedrooms .

If they don't realise this fast...they will see that they will no longer get peoples mandate.

11 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Self respect is one thing...but being stubborn and thick is another. Tamils are exactly that. Even you have chosen to be blind on NDA performance in non-hindi states including southern states of Karnataka and Telangana.

Why do you think everyone should vote for one party?

Why would you call people who don't vote according to what you feel is right ,stuborn and thick?

What is the meaning of election if people are going to vote for a popular party only?

Why should people vote the way you want ?

Do you realise we are a democracy ....everyone has the right to vote according to their wish....no matter what the reason .

Why the name calling?

Edited by beetle

24 minutes ago, beetle said:

What about that child who was raped by almost all the workers in her colony?

You want to start this now.

What about the guy who went to a girls class and set her on fire?

You want to start this now?

Of course, rape incidents are happening all over the world but nothing as the sort of brutality that we saw happened in Delhi. There's just no words to describe that horror show. You are just too embarrassed being a citizen of Delhi. 

40 minutes ago, beetle said:

But then expecting any other thinking from some one like you is silly.

What do you think ..you are so special ,God's gift to humanity that you need more representation from the rest of second class citizens of this country.

If you represent your state,then you are a pretty pathetic example .

Yes, asking for an equal representation of each state is pathetic for you, since you and your ilk are reaping benefits from the current system. What do you even care. 

3 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Of course, rape incidents are happening all over the world but nothing as the sort of brutality that we saw happened in Delhi. There's just no words to describe that horror show. You are just too embarrassed being a citizen of Delhi. 

Yes, asking for an equal representation of each state is pathetic for you, since you and your ilk are reaping benefits from the current system. What do you even care. 

Civics lessons .

6 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Then the states should know that holding the center back for petty politics is neither good for their people or the nation!

Why do you feel the centre needs full votes for doing a good job ?

A good majority is enough ...like they have.

It is very dangerous to have a party with such a huge majority.

If everyone votes for one party ,who will form the opposition?

Do you not believe a healthy opposition is necessary for a healthy democracy?

Infact..we should be happy that the centre did not get more seats.

Good  ,some seats went to opposition .

Edited by beetle

1 hour ago, diga said:

IT industry flourishing in Bangalore is more so because of the accommodating nature of kannadigas. 

very generic. Its because of special economic zone tariff regime from center the acendas and gr's of the world came and set shop. If anything State govt has not planned and improved infra to leverage this fully. Kannadigas used to me mostly chill with the exception of occasional kaveri riot which was a state political gambit, now things have changed with more and more non kannadigas settling in. 

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

Tamil morons galore...no introspection...full of abuses...typical mindlessness from typical simpletons.

shut the * up moron.  did your gau rakshak morning qtiapa round in your mohalla yet? piece of ****.

@randomGuy what exactly did you find wrong in Stalin's statement? I mean his party and allies make many nonsense statements but I don't see what is wrong in what he said. Obviously not all states in India are Hindi speaking, it s up to the party to make necessary adjustments if they want to make inroads. Every state presents unique challenges, eg Bengal had political violence and BJP had to use musclepower on the streets, take heavy hits, get dirty etc.

TN presents unique set of challenges like cash transfer, freebies, language, ideology etc and not political violence. Why hasn't BJP invested in Tamil media channels to counter propaganda, capture minds of the people etc? Why no IT/ED/CBI raids on DMK leaders for the most part of 5 years? Why did they waste time with Rajini? Why lethargy and indifference over the Keezhadi discovery? Just like how they drop their beef business in Goa, why not compromise in TN? Rather than blaming the voters they should introspect, their TN campaign was pathetic. AIADMK faced a split, anti-incumbency, no Jaya...so many problems....BJP had to lift its game but failed. But there are lessons in defeats, BJP should lick its wounds and come back stronger. 

Anyway chill, we have 300+ even leaving aside allies, an improvement over 2014. If we win everything now where's the fun later? This time Bengal was the happy memory, hopefully in 2024 Odisha/Andhra/Kerala/TN are the trump cards. 

PS- no need for objectionable language.

Edited by Gollum

11 hours ago, Gollum said:

we have 300+

dont fraternize with **, its important to make example out of dumb *s like this.

@randomGuy random * if you have some bad experience with some tamil guy shove it up your arse dont bring it here and divide people.

Edited by beetle

1 hour ago, beetle said:

No one bashes wives in south?

Husbands don't take decisions at home in south? South Indian women are bosses at home?

South Indian men are are not mysogynistic at all?

As for ' madrasi'...I guess it is from the times when chennai was madras. It reflects the ignorance of people .

Just like people here have no problem clubbing all north Indians as one .

Do people realise that a lot of hindi speaking people have mother tongues that are not hindi?

Just because a lot of non hindi states and their people have adopted hindi without any chest beating does not mean all hindi speakers are same. They are probably less chauvanistic and accepting in nature.

North Indians clubbing all south indians by one term is no different from some people clubbing all hindi speakers as one.

My grandmothers from both sides did not speak hindi ...nor did their parents. 

Infact most hindi speakers other than UPites have their own languages and dialects.

Obviously. I am speaking on an average here. I am not saying everyone bashes wives in the North and takes decisions, while no one bashes in the South, etc. I am speaking on an average.  And again, I did not refer to North India as all of India except TN, KA,KL, Andhra, TG . I meant the States such as Haryana, UP, Gujarat(some parts), MP, and their surroundings. And I do agree, South Indians generally refer to North India as the rest of india except for the 5 southern states. But , the North Indians still refer to South indians as Madarasis. So this divide still exists on both sides. Racism is still there to an extent. Maybe lesser, than in the past. 

3 hours ago, maniac said:

Mumbai and Pune economy is mostly run by immigrants. Sorry for the stereotype but

The white collar jobs are mostly from South Indians, the blue collar workers are UP-Bihari bhayyas and also Oriyas. The trade is run by Gujjus.

Most locals are occupied in admin type jobs.

Now obviously the filthy rich and the poor don’t pay taxes. So the white collar middle class folk are the ones that generate taxes. South :hatsoff:

the bigger question is why are they leaving their states to come to Maharashtra....

2 hours ago, kubrickian said:

I focking hate how chauvinistic North Indians are and how much this attitude has increased over the last few years. Its like they feel entitled that they speak Hindi and are from North, behave as though they are the premiere citizens of the country and rest of the nation is there to serve their interests. These are the types who move to South Indian states and refuse to learn local language and prefer to talk only in Hindi. Bastards.

Dude its not all of them bur yeah this random qutiapa is one of those types for sure.

Edited by Vilander