CWC 2019 Match 6 | England Vs Pakistan| Trentbridge| June 3, 2019 | Match thread

1 minute ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

No one in Eng gives a damn about cricket world cup...lol. England lost...not a single mention in BBC or Sky news. Liverpool won Champions league and they covered that for 2 days :giggle:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I told you already. Most of the English players would walk in the streets without anyone recognizing them. It wasn’t like this during Ashes when cricket became really popular in England 

4 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

Just one off .Remember India in 2011 ,batting heavy ,bowling was bang average .So yes batting alone can win you WCs if you are playing at your home conditions ,same with Australia last WC ,they were breaking the morale of the opponents by smashing every bowling line up ,even they had a hiccup in nzl group stage match ,same for India against saf in 2011.

England will come out with better plans now and not take matches lightly 

In 2011 we had Zak clinching key moments, Also in 2015 Starc was doing his thing. Nobody could score big against them. Same way only two teams scored big against us in 2011. But against this England Pakistan is easily reaching 350 time and again.

8 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

Told you that Pakistan will win this one after they crossed 330. Chasing 325+ in a world cup is not that easy. I hope virushka are watching this. If you win toss then bat first. The issue is that on a green pitch and cloudy sky we might end up with 150 all out batting first. Such is this chutiya Indian team.

This is actually a harsh reality on so many counts ! 

Most of our batsmen are FTBs , probably the worse in swinging conditions but then on flat pitches if we end up on the wrong side of the coin then I am sure this team will struggle to chase 300 totals ,we are bad in chasing as well 

9 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

We shouldn't be too critical of England, they are still very strong and most likely finish top2 ,its just that they might have taken this Pakistan match lightly and thought this was just an extension of the recently concluded bilateral series.

They will bounce back strongly with better plans ,have no doubts 

I think pakistan lulled them into false sense of security. Who knows maybe they purpose fully lost all to make it look like England are all powerful and unstoppable. Now they are showing their true colors. They do have a very good record in England in both 50 over and test cricket.

1 minute ago, WC2011INDIA said:

I think pakistan lulled them into false sense of security. Who knows maybe they purpose fully lost all to make it look like England are all powerful and unstoppable. Now they are showing their true colors. They do have a very good record in England in both 50 over and test cricket.

Wahab, Amir, Shadab none of them played in that series.

This match comes off as a warning to India that the match against Pakistan will not be confirmed victory for them as the fans are expecting. Pakistan is definitely going to give Kohlis men a fight and knowing Kohlis goody goody behaviour with the Pakistanis he might as well become the first Indian Captain to lose a WC Match against Pakistan , as if the humiliation of CT finals wasn't enough Kohli and India might have to endure much worse than that if their preparation is not upto mark. 

1 minute ago, rageaddict said:

This match comes off as a warning to India that the match against Pakistan will not be confirmed victory for them as the fans are expecting. Pakistan is definitely going to give Kohlis men a fight and knowing Kohlis goody goody behaviour with the Pakistanis he might as well become the first Indian Captain to lose a WC Match against Pakistan , as if the humiliation of CT finals wasn't enough Kohli and India might have to endure much worse than that if their preparation is not upto mark. 

2017 final repeat. 

4 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

Bowling was average..r u kidding me.Yuvraj Singh,Zaheer Khan..We won the WC due to slow left arm of Yuvraj.He took wickets in every match.

Yuvraj isnt a bowler ,he clicked at the right time and used wisely .

The main four bowlers bhajji,munaf,Sree,Nehra were bang average ,only Zak and nehra(in a way) were good in the death .

India conceded 260 against Aus on that ahmedabad Turner, 296 against saf in nagpur ,338 against England ,280 odd against Bangladesh, these are bad numbers 

1 minute ago, Adi BB said:

Yuvraj isnt a bowler ,he clicked at the right time and used wisely .

The main four bowlers bhajji,munaf,Sree,Nehra were bang average ,only Zak and nehra(in a way) were good in the death .

India conceded 260 against Aus on that ahmedabad Turner, 296 against saf in nagpur ,338 against England ,280 odd against Bangladesh, these are bad numbers 

And still won.India has Bumrah as clutch ably supported bu the spin duo.Bowling is certainly not the weakest.

Edited by nitinbwj
8 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

And still won.India has Bumrah as clutch ably supported bu the spin duo.Bowling is certainly not the weakest.

Yup its completely opposite of 2011 in this WC for us .

In 2011 or I should rather say there was a period of 4-5 years where I always wanted India to chase and I believed we could chase anything ,nowadays I sh1t my pants even when chasing 280 lol .

Bowling is our forte in this WC 

Pak vs Eng series actually did few goods (which obv didn't reflected in 1st match)

Pak regularly scored big, 340+ etc, got used-too with conditions... but were just coming short only few runs... which was more bcz of bowling+fielding issues...

For bowling almost 2nd tier/young players were given preference to test their capacity however gamble didn't seemed workingand and their performance looked below avg-expected level of Amir+Wahab, so called them back in last moment... Still Shahin and Husnain might get few matches... but this squad gives more depth in batting too...

though obv still areas to improve... (fielding at top which might remain <= same) but a v good confidence booster victory...