CWC 2019 Match 6 | England Vs Pakistan| Trentbridge| June 3, 2019 | Match thread

1 minute ago, Asim said:

Why don't u guys for once admit, that

i. that no-ball did cost ind Big + few lucky moments helped Pak to score a bit above par (there was nothing wrong putting Pak in from ind point of view)

ii. that was pure power-performance by Pak bowlers (esp Amir) who stepped-up their game big time and obv that could've happened in 1st inng too... there was nothing wrong with wicket to chase big score... (even pandya somewhat proved that)

iii. Most imp factor: ind couldn't handle the pressure created by themselves; their media, team, ex-players, fans, none of them was giving Pak even 10% of chances that day which was obv not fair, though ind definetly had better chances but more like 65:35 not 95:5 what whole ind was thinking...

I agree with i and ii but not III

India were 99:1 favourites. Luck fa ouring Pakistan and Pakistan stepping up and puching way above their capabilities happened simultaneously in that match which blew away India. 

No demons in pitch. India should have chased it but good bowling by Amir and like for the past many years we are just 3 batsmen team ( top 3) 

What a turnaround by Pakistan.  Beat the tournament favourites.  Back to being mercurial.  England thought they could bounce them out on a flat wicket by bowling first.  Put into bat and score roughly 350 is a huge.  Mind you, this would've been the highest run chase if England had chased it down.  Pressure Pressure Pressure

What a turnaround by Pakistan.  Beat the tournament favourites.  Back to being mercurial.  England thought they could bounce them out on a flat wicket by bowling first.  Put into bat and score roughly 350 is a huge.  Mind you, this would've been the highest run chase if England had chased it down.  Pressure Pressure Pressure

Eng team & pundits got cocky. Not knowing this is WC & a different ball game.
22 minutes ago, Asim said:

i. that no-ball did cost ind Big + few lucky moments helped Pak to score a bit above par (there was nothing wrong putting Pak in from ind point of view)

ii. that was pure power-performance by Pak bowlers (esp Amir) who stepped-up their game big time and obv that could've happened in 1st inng too... there was nothing wrong with wicket to chase big score... (even pandya somewhat proved that)

iii. Most imp factor: ind couldn't handle the pressure created by themselves; their media, team, ex-players, fans, none of them was giving Pak even 10% of chances that day which was obv not fair, though ind definetly had better chances but more like 65:35 not 95:5 what whole ind was thinking...

So you intend to say had India batted first ,the match still would have ended as an one sided affair, obviously for Pak?

I get your point here

I'm not taking away any credit from Pakistan,they out played us that day,but they were allowed to outplay us by Kohli

Even a layman would have suggested to bat first in a high profile decider

Edited by Suhaan
31 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

They bowled. But this is not the same pitch. Ball was nicely sitting up. Also Hasan Ali and Amir bowled better bouncers than these guys. 

Yes they may have but not many or not at right length and height also it was Arher's indifferent form today hurt their bowling plans badly

29 minutes ago, Asim said:

Dude 340 has never ever been chased in any big tournament so i dont know why you are hyping amir. Even Zimbabwe or ireland bowlers would defend 340 in a major final

Agree with all your other points

12 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

You laugh at your own bad jokes, yet no one is laughing along with you. Sad reality ...

Taking a dig at my IQ, yet you can't spell in english properly. :two_thumbs_up: :congrats: 

Some others have also laughed. Go check up. Besides your IQ increased today. Pakistan won. 

Certainly my English is poor. But what do you think is a good measurement for IQ and English in India. I’ll beat you. I already have.

20 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Yes they may have but not many or not at right length and height also it was Arher's indifferent form today hurt their bowling plans badly

They just do not pay attention to each and every ball like teams should do. Sarfraz was yelling at bowlers after each ball lol England captaincy is utterly clueless.

1 hour ago, Asim said:

Agree with 1 and 2, 3 is nonsense and frankly irrelevant to the players.  

Good to see you posting again.

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

So you intend to say had India batted first ,the match still would have ended as an one sided affair, obviously for Pak?

I get your point here

I'm not taking away any credit from Pakistan,they out played us that day,but they were allowed to outplay us by Kohli

Even a layman would have suggested to bat first in a high profile decider

Yes! What if Amir had bowled same spell in bowling first inng and ind ending, ok may be not 158, but 178, 188... 208... Didnt Pak bowled that superbly just couple of days ago vs Eng (hot favorites for title) and chased down too comfortably 215 something in just 35,37 overs vs Eng bowling attack which was no lesser than ind?

Its all hypothetical but I see indians only suppose batting first, they wouldve put a massive total and Pak failed to chase... why can't we give any thoughts to indian batting first failing to put any big total or Pak successfully chasing any reasonable total? What even actually happened in SF vs Eng too...

10 minutes ago, Asim said:

Yes! What if Amir had bowled same spell in bowling first inng and ind ending, ok may be not 158, but 178, 188... 208... Didnt Pak bowled that superbly just couple of days ago vs Eng (hot favorites for title) and chased down too comfortably 215 something in just 35,37 overs vs Eng bowling attack which was no lesser than ind?

Its all hypothetical but I see indians only suppose batting first, they wouldve put a massive total and Pak failed to chase... why can't we give any thoughts to indian batting first failing to put any big total or Pak successfully chasing any reasonable total? What even actually happened in SF vs Eng too...

India would have shut the shop after a wicket and gone for a conservative total.  Amir didn't exactly bowl a spell like that before that spell or after that spell. Just a spell aided by Indian batsmen under pressure to chase 338 runs. Let us see if Amir can defend a total of 250. He had the opportunity to defend "Kohliless India" in Asia cup what did he do? 5 overs 41 runs. India thumped Pakistan by 9 wickets chasing 240 under 40 overs.

Typical England. Hype the hell out of a newcomer (Archer), predict World Cup success based on a good first game and then come crashing down to reality soon after. 

Btw, when was the last time a team lost despite making two centuries? 

Edited by JourneyMan
2 hours ago, JourneyMan said:

Typical England. Hype the hell out of a newcomer (Archer), predict World Cup success based on a good first game and then come crashing down to reality soon after. 

Btw, when was the last time a team lost despite making two centuries? 

Just couple of months ago (probably for the first time while chasing), Pak lost vs Aus, Abid and Rizwan scored 100s... Aus 277, Pak 271

13 hours ago, Asim said:

Pak vs Eng series actually did few goods (which obv didn't reflected in 1st match)

Pak regularly scored big, 340+ etc, got used-too with conditions... but were just coming short only few runs... which was more bcz of bowling+fielding issues...

For bowling almost 2nd tier/young players were given preference to test their capacity however gamble didn't seemed workingand and their performance looked below avg-expected level of Amir+Wahab, so called them back in last moment... Still Shahin and Husnain might get few matches... but this squad gives more depth in batting too...

though obv still areas to improve... (fielding at top which might remain <= same) but a v good confidence booster victory...

I think Wahab, Amir, Shaheen with Hassan Ali make a good bowling combo. Pakistan can stick to this!

I, for one, totally and out and out supported Pakistan yesterday. It was a delightful win! Something to cherish. 

The other thing which people did not notice is, Nasseer Hussain also, out and out made it clear that he supports Pakistan all the way, even more than England. The way he was talking was kind of embarrassing. 

It could be the religion connect, Islam. And perhaps that's one of the reasons Nasseer hates India. But his love for Pakistan is unparalleled! 

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

I, for one, totally and out and out supported Pakistan yesterday. It was a delightful win! Something to cherish. 

The other thing which people did not notice is, Nasseer Hussain also, out and out made it clear that he supports Pakistan all the way, even more than England. The way he was talking was kind of embarrassing. 

It could be the religion connect, Islam. And perhaps that's one of the reasons Nasseer hates India. But his love for Pakistan is unparalleled! 

I doubt he hates India, he was born in Chennai and his father is Indian. There's probably no religion connection either. He is not known to be a practicing muslim. 

1 hour ago, JourneyMan said:

I doubt he hates India, he was born in Chennai and his father is Indian. There's probably no religion connection either. He is not known to be a practicing muslim. 

I know that he was born in Chennai. Yet he is always putting down India and Indians. Whenever he gets the chance. And with Pakistan, its the other way round. So, that tells a story to me.