Shami reveals Dhoni's advice before World Cup hat-trick ball

7 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Brilliant advice by Dhoni asking a fast bowler to bowl yorker at death. Only a legendary cricket mind can come up with thoughts like this :hail:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Austin bhai, do you plan on opening a thread about Dhoni's batting form being a concern? 

Last time you opened one for Kohli, he hit 3 fifties in a row :agree:

5 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

That wasn't even out :rofl:.

So jogging for genuine edges and diving for thigh pad :rofl:. Progress for sure.

:phehe:  If he hasn't caught that it would have ran away for four. Out or Notout doesn't matter but since you are so obsessed about getting someone  "OUT"

here you go

Even the little one next to him was impressed. Sure that's your IDOL :cantstop:

Edited by Rasgulla
23 hours ago, The Hound said:
1:52 PM
  • ESPNcricinfo staff

As Mohammad Shami ran in to deliver the hat-trick ball, he had MS Dhoni's words in mind. Afghanistan needed 12 off three balls, but were nine down. Only one Indian - Chetan Sharma - had taken a World Cup hat-trick earlier, in 1987. This was his chance to join an elite club. And he did by nailing a perfect yorker on the base of leg stump. Mujeeb Ur Rahman backed away and swung blindly, only to miss it and saw the stumps flattened.

"The lesser you have to defend, the more issues you face in executing, but knowing I had Jasprit Bumrah bowling [the 49th over] from the other end was good," Shami said soon after the match. "The hat-trick feels very special, that too getting it in a World Cup is a big deal. Before I bowled the last ball, I had MS Dhoni's advice in my mind. He told me, 'World Cup hat-tricks are rare, just bowl a yorker. This is your chance.' That's what I did."

:bow:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27035426/mohammed-shami-reveals-ms-dhoni-advice-world-cup-hat-trick-ball.

Ab dhoni usko nahi bolta toh wo hattrick lene ki koshish nahi karta shyad half volley ya wide outside the off stump phek deta.

Edited by beetle
22 hours ago, asterix said:

Bhuvi is njured. Shami doesn’t needs to do this...

Hope Thala gives some advice to himself about his batting... 

28 runs off 50 balls... 

Why doesn't this *take his own advice while batting....Have anyone noticed before getting stumped how selfishly this * aks jadhav for a single and than ran back to defend himself as if he was playing with 200 sr.

Edited by beetle