Will Pakistan pull another Champions Trophy kind of resurgence?

Only one side has backed its CT win with a WC win...ATG Aus in 2007....Aussies won the CT again in 2009, all 3 tournaments in 3 different continents/conditions. Now that 3 letter prefix doesn't come easily, only 2 teams have the distinct honour of getting that title since WCs started...and they had combined 5 WC wins and 7/7 final appearances. If a 6th ranked team that was on a 12 match losing streak recently repeats the unique feat I will admit I understand nothing about cricket. 

Edited by Gollum

Though they are peaking at the right time, it's unlikely to happen. RR is too crappy. Lot depends on ENGLAND's matches aswell. Purely on RR, if ENG does screw up in all 3 remaning matches, assuming SL also screws up like they have been apart from that ENG match, and both PAK/BD wins all the matches till the BD/PAK match, it would be BD i would bet my money on to go through. 

Gotta love those SL LIONS! OPENED UP THE GOD DAMN WC19

you are puting SA win to highly. 

SA is known chocker. and that game was knock out for them.

SA can't play spin.

Pak was lucky to get 300+ score. haris can't fire every time. he is still not tested enough even by pakistani standard.

If they play and make 250 score against NZ , i would take Pakistani team seriously.

This is certainly looking good now.

Pak brushed aside SA. 

Its clear they want revenge.

Indian fans you are on notice.

are these the scenes we are going to see ??

food for thought.

hqdefault.jpg

65971046.jpg

55141ade1962e.jpg?r=2084811615

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZLC2qJblOpzTgs4JwvOD

pakistan-cricket-fans-BCA5AP.jpg

480264_3326285_dildil_updates.jpg

go green shirts, trousers and briefs. 

Edited by Vilander
28 minutes ago, Vilander said:

react

3 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Their whole dream might be over on Wednesday against New Zealand. If they pull that off, then they have a chance, but currently, it looks tough for them. 

I see NZ getting beaten by them 

Their whole dream might be over on Wednesday against New Zealand. If they pull that off, then they have a chance, but currently, it looks tough for them. 
Pak would certainly beat NZ. Its all written in the script bro....one just need to read it. There was no way SL beat Eng but script wanted it to keep the competition for 4th team alive. Else, the matches in the last couple of weeks would have been dead rubber. No way script would allow NZ to beat Pak and knock them out so early. There are lots of money to milk on a potential quarter final between Pak & BD. Its all pre decided...hence Pak vs BD match was kept last.

Semi final onwards no script :agree:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk