Hindu man refuses Zomato takeaway over 'Muslim driver' !!!

velu

43 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

If you want purity of food me thinks zomato or any aggregation is not the way forward

Either make stuff at home, or phone up the restaurant you know meets your criteria.

Lets not distract ourselves away from the point that the ullu ka charkha guy pretending to be a religous Hindu in this who ordered from Zomato is a big time Jerk. People like these make the world a complicated place. 

35 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Lets not distract ourselves away from the point that the ullu ka charkha guy pretending to be a religous Hindu in this who ordered from Zomato is a big time Jerk. People like these make the world a complicated place. 

The world is a complicated place.

I know many jewish bakeries in london who employ only jews to satisfy the needs of their client in having kosher food. These food outlets are not listed on delivery sites just cause their patrons dont want any issues with the food being delivered by a certain community. As per them there were instances where pork was mixed in with the food. I dont know how true this claim is. They do amazing bagels but it is illegal in the uk to employ people just cause of certain demographic factors. However that is circumvented. 

This man has a right to have his food delivered by a hindu to meet his beliefs. However zomato is clearly not the avenue for that. He should not have made use of the platform as there was no guarentee his needs would be met. Zomato right to not give him a refund. 

And same with uber really. If you dont want to be driven around by a certain commumity dont use said app which allocates drivers by other criteria. You only have yourself to blame.

If a critical mass of people feel the same way you do, clearly companies will cater to your needs. 

A relative told me that meru cabs in mumbai consisted of drivers with certain demographic characteristics people wanted to avoid. That particular app last i heard is making a big effort to shed that image.

I suspect while zomato have made this a pr stunt. It might lead to folks making them a meru cab by association. Lets see how it pans out. Should have ignored this guy rather than virtue signalling. Already there is pressure on them for jhatka options.

9 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

I know many jewish bakeries in london who employ only jews to satisfy the needs of their client in having kosher food. These food outlets are not listed on delivery sites just cause their patrons dont want any issues with the food being delivered by a certain community. As per them there were instances where pork was mixed in with the food. I dont know how true this claim is. They do amazing bagels but it is illegal in the uk to employ people just cause of certain demographic factors. However that is circumvented. 

This man has a right to have his food delivered by a hindu to meet his beliefs. However zomato is clearly not the avenue for that. He should not have made use of the platform as there was no guarentee his needs would be met. Zomato right to not give him a refund. 

The world has dumbed down further due to social media. 

I hope for some catastrophe where all servers get destroyed and people are forced to interact and resolve issues in more humane manner. 

The guy actually exposed the double standard of Zomato

Zomato should not refund Muslims if food is non halaal

FB_IMG_1564608319805.thumb.jpg.eb688339b1bec4309e34b1b23b4a7900.jpg
Unless Zomato mentioned the food as halal even though it is not, how is it responsible for Wajid mian not bothering to check the halal-ness of the food before placing an order?
Zomato chickened out in this case as all establishments do when the customer is a Muslim.

Coming to the OP, I don't understand his logic. Is he assuming all Hindus will not eat meat during Sravan? If he is so paranoid about it he should just eat home food.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, G_B_ said:

And same with uber really. If you dont want to be driven around by a certain commumity dont use said app which allocates drivers by other criteria. You only have yourself to blame.

If a critical mass of people feel the same way you do, clearly companies will cater to your needs. 

A relative told me that meru cabs in mumbai consisted of drivers with certain demographic characteristics people wanted to avoid. That particular app last i heard is making a big effort to shed that image.

I suspect while zomato have made this a pr stunt. It might lead to folks making them a meru cab by association. Lets see how it pans out. Should have ignored this guy rather than virtue signalling. Already there is pressure on them for jhatka options.

Its the restaurants who choose how they wished to be tagged. For instance, the halal food tag is on the insistence of the eatery. There is a statutory body that certifies if an establishment is serving halal meat and then the FSSAI also have to give their set of clearances.

In the case of jhatka, does a certifying body exist? How can Zomato comply if such a body doesn't exist?

Edited by Mariyam

6 hours ago, Singh bling said:

The guy actually exposed the double standard of Zomato

Zomato should not refund Muslims if food is non halaal

FB_IMG_1564608319805.jpg

How do you know that the amount was refunded?

All they have said is that would look into it. Maybe if they found that he placed the order inspite of there being no halal food tag, they would just tell him that.

7 hours ago, G_B_ said:

It is absolutely not about the "Food". 

It is 100% about the religion/caste of the Person, who delivered it. 

If someone want to avoid food due to the fear of mixing of meat/pork/non-Halal then it is fully understandable. 

But here the Hindu guy is not refusing the food due to it's being non-veg etc., but he is refusing for the person who brought it to him, and this is a very bad thing to do. 

In my opinion, the Zomato chief made a mistake when he wrote "Food has no Religion". 

Food indeed has a religion. We cannot deny that there are people who don't eat some foods due to their religious issues. 

That is why, when a Muslim person asked to refund the money for non-halal food, while Zomato didn't label it, then I think that it is was a correct response from Zomato to look into this matter. 

But the case of Uber or this Hindu guy in this case is different and not related to the food, but to the person who brought it to him. Religion could be given only this much place where one could use it for "personal" affairs. But if religion is used to judge the rights of "other people", then it becomes a crime. 

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Under FoE one can refuse cabs which feature 'angry' Hanuman, but this is an outrage. Although, his reason is not apt, for Shravan , cook food at home , don't order food from Zomato .

even if we cook form our home , vegetables might come from a muslim or non-vegetarian agriculturists ..

there is no need to give importance to trivial things when comes to Hinduism ..  

there is a story about shiv bhakt kannapan , he carried water form his mouth todo shiva pooja and shiva never bothered ( this is in our school syllabus  :p: ) 

4 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

If you can reject cabs with rudra hanuman, but this man cannot reject a rider then something is fundamentally wrong.

rejecting a cab because it has rudra hanuman logo is even dumber than this ..

i think that angry hanuman issue was part manufactured by the libtards 

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Its the restaurants who choose how they wished to be tagged. For instance, the halal food tag is on the insistence of the eatery. There is a statutory body that certifies if an establishment is serving halal meat and then the FSSAI also have to give their set of clearances.

In the case of jhatka, does a certifying body exist? How can Zomato comply if such a body doesn't exist?

which is why i said there is pressure. Ultimately if jhatka becomes a choice which influences decision then as a business they will have to work with restaurants and meat providers. Its a question of de facto and de jure.

There is also pressure on Zomato to have LGBT policies in Qatar which they have in India, if indeed their owner does not care about losing custom for the sake for their ideals they need to follow through on this.

It has opened a pandoras box. Which is why i said it was best they ignored this moron and not provide him a refund rather than virtue signalling. Every move this company makes is going to be heavily scrutinised in the future. 

3 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

It is absolutely not about the "Food". 

It is 100% about the religion/caste of the Person, who delivered it. 

If someone want to avoid food due to the fear of mixing of meat/pork/non-Halal then it is fully understandable. 

But here the Hindu guy is not refusing the food due to it's being non-veg etc., but he is refusing for the person who brought it to him, and this is a very bad thing to do. 

Maybe he fears the person bringing it to him may not be respectful of his beliefs and might tamper with it. Exactly the same reason of the Kosher Deli.