Shahid Afridi: My Muslim friends from Indian cricket team have told me privately about discrimination against Muslims in selection

rangeelaraja

12 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Afridi  should have thought of  the count of  Hindus who represented  his nation before uttering this rubbish. India can make a  fairly  good 'Muslim' eleven out of the Muslim players who have played for India till date as follows.

Wasim Jaffer

Salim Aziz Durani

M Kaif

M Azharuddin

Nawab of Pataudi

IK Pathan

SMH Kirmani

Z Khan

Ghulam Ahmed

Arshad Ayub

Mohammad Nissar

Mohammed Shami

Have to include Syed Mushtaq Ali, the original trailblazer of Indian cricket. 

Arshad Ayub was rank mediocre.

But yeah we have had some pretty good Muslim cricketers, can't forget guys like Abid Ali and Abbas Ali Baig either. 

10 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

India always has 1 or sometimes 2 muslim players in the team. Given that they are around 14% of the population that is par for the course.

During Pataudi's captaincy often we had 3-4 (maybe 5 sometimes?) Muslims in the starting XI. During Dada's tenure we had Zak, Pathan, Kaif, Jaffer, Munaf playing together a few times IIRC, or at least 3 of them regularly in the XI. 

Edited by Gollum

16 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Shame on those who told him this. Afridi is not able to keep secrets.

Where is the evidence without eveidence can you talk any trash .....

In India no one talks trash if they talk they will be dealt with 

No wonder this guy thought the cricket ball was an apple 

34 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Afridi is usually speaking as a politician. To him what matters is his brand. Since he is a national hero he will say things we want to hear. The Op quoted this from a Pakistani channel. On those a lot of times cricketers say stuff for publicity. Its not an issue of Pakistan alone though. I see some of this stuff said on Indian shows as well.

And this, in my opinion, is the tragedy. That the Pakistanis want to hear tales of Indian Muslims being downtrodden/marginalized/discriminate against etc to get some kind of validation on the decision their grandfathers made during the partition. The constant need for schadenfreude, but no real debate on what needs to be done to better your own lot, is saddening.

Edited by Mariyam

2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

I see some of this stuff said on Indian shows as well.

About discrimination in cricket ?

Where?

If it is about general stuff ,then everyone feels so ....specially if left out or not doing as well.

People from poor states complain they are marginalized....people from well off states complain. People from lower caste , upper caste,hindus ,minorities,border states,women,men ....everyone feels they are not dealt a fair hand . 

Complaining is therapeutic.

On 8/13/2019 at 3:45 AM, Singh bling said:

What is so surprising ? Pakistani's and Indian Muslims both believe that Muslims are discriminated. I had a debate about this with Indian Muslim who believe that After Sourav Ganguly and particularly at the Dhoni time Indian Muslims were not selected 

what kind of nonsense is this. Zaheer khan was CORE part of the WC winning team of 2011. and he played a massive part in that campaign. munaf patel was also played