Ravi Shastri to continue as India head coach.

test fan

4 hours ago, asterix said:

Guys your anger is justified but any new coach would’ve created more issues as the leading match winner in the team is only Kohli...

Kohli wants Bewda as he gets “space” and focuses on batting brilliantly in most of the matches to win it...

You name one consistent match winner in the team apart from Kohli... You depend on Kohli to win matches... but you ignore Bewda’s contributions in all those wins...

Neither Dhawan nor Rohit are consistent match winners... Can’t make Rohit captain and give him a new coach as he’s not a consistent match winner. Sucks in most of the matches... 

I too hate Bewda but has reconciled to the fact that there are no captaincy challenger to Kohli. Rohit Sharma raised some hope but he sucks being very inconsistent batsman... Most of the time it’s Kohli who’s to shoulder the burden of leading the runs scoring... On top of it there are jokers like Pant who are taking things for granted...

We don’t actually understand how cricket is played.. They know better... Theres a reason Dhoni is still in ODIs.. it’s only because idiots like Pant are the available option...

So, Chillax... As long as Kohli winning most of the matches... why bother about Bewda?

Agree about Virat consistently winning meaningless games. But you ll be hard pressed to find the supposed match winning performances in any match of consequence in ODI-test combined during last 3-4 years. Had he shown any spine in those matches he would have been above reproach and his decisions not questioned.

However he has orchestrated all this in hegemonic tenure and exactly the reason people are going after him. Do you think anyone gave two hoots about the recent thrashing of WI?

15 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Huh? Then why the heck did you bring up the point about them coaching their national sides in the first place? :hmmmm2: Hesson already has with much success. Considering the resources at his disposal with NZ, he did a far superior job than Shastri has with India.

What resources, India might have more money, you play with eleven players only.Shastri has done far better job than Hesson with a crappy unbalanced team.

NZ has the most balanced team.

Edited by putrevus
10 hours ago, Kerberos said:

Two World Cups lost. Isn't it enough?  No country would have continued with such a coach.

Two world cups lost?? you are talking as if India was sure shot to win both world cups.India was not the best team in 2015 and 2019.They played very well in league phase and they lost in knock matches .It has got nothing to do with coaching.

Coaching is for overall tenue and Shastri has done very well.

9 hours ago, bahubali said:

They already did....and those teams which they coached punch above their weight. Unlike indian team which is underperforming and being happy with sf exit.

Well, let them keep coaching their national teams.Shastri has done wonders with a unbalanced team.Indian team is the one which is punching above its weight.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Well, let them keep coaching their national teams.Shastri has done wonders with a unbalanced team.Indian team is the one which is punching above its weight.

What wonders he did by loosing to eng and sa and getting humiliated in wc sf.....man you are at different level you were hiding after wc sf exit,they have been humiliated in sf by a rank pathetic team. Barring eng all other teams in odi are utter mediocre and ind have their best bowling attack in history not sure which wonder you were seeing so far. I asked this question to you before also how do you justify their wonderful strategy in wc sf for sending dhoni at 7 before pant , karthik and pandya and playing bhuvi ahead of shami. Not just wc, they had continuously made pathetic selections which cost us major tournaments not a single young batsmen have been groomed under them, they chose mediocre garbage middle order , they played rayadu after ct 17 for good 2 years and then suddenly dropped him and played a batsmen at no 4 who was warming bench for 2 years . Good that you feel glory in reaching wc sf and defeating an aus b sides which was the weakest aus b side in their history. Keep basking in sf and qf exit that's what you ll get in abundance as long as your favourite shastri and kohli are in helm.

Edited by bahubali
30 minutes ago, bahubali said:

What wonders he did by loosing to eng and sa and getting humiliated in wc sf.....man you are at different level you were hiding after wc sf exit,they have been humiliated in sf by a rank pathetic team. Barring eng all other teams in odi are utter mediocre and ind have their best bowling attack in history not sure which wonder you were seeing so far. I asked this question to you before also how do you justify their wonderful strategy in wc sf for sending dhoni at 7 before pant , karthik and pandya and playing bhuvi ahead of shami. Not just wc, they had continuously made pathetic selections which cost us major tournaments not a single young batsmen have been groomed under them, they chose mediocre garbage middle order , they played rayadu after ct 17 for good 2 years and then suddenly dropped him and played a batsmen at no 4 who was warming bench for 2 years . Good that you feel glory in reaching wc sf and defeating an aus b sides which was the weakest aus b side in their history. Keep basking in sf and qf exit that's what you ll get in abundance as long as your favourite shastri and kohli are in helm.

Yes, Shastri hasn't made any difference whatsoever with repeat losses due to mental fragility more than anything else. He is good only for boasting and boosting up the egos of the superstars. After the humiliating loss in England, he had the gall to brag that this team is the best overseas traveling team ever which Gambhir rightly condemned. Thanks to Shastri and Kohli, we will continue on the same path of mediocrity for years to come.

On 8/16/2019 at 7:41 PM, putrevus said:

Why do you think that, they might have felt candidates who were interviewed might not be better fit for this team.

Because one of the person in the interview  panel openly said india will not change shashtri one month before the interviews started. The thread is here on this forum. And news about shastri being retained was out in multiple news sources before the interviews started 

Edited by New guy
2 hours ago, bahubali said:

I was not hiding, why should I hide.I had to get that loss out of my system.You are not the only one who was upset due to that loss.Weren't you the guy who was laughing when I said NZ had a very balanced team and  was very good before the world cup.

Just becuase we want India to win, NZ does not become pathethic team.I told you then also playing Bhuvi ahead of Shami was not wrong decision and still is not wrong decion.Why Dhoni was sent after Karthik and Pant, I have no Idea.Why was Dhoni promoted in 2011 world cup when Yuvi was playing so well , and was perfectly capable of scoring those runs which Dhoni did in that finals too.

Why are you putting selection issues on the coach??? have you seen the statements of the chief selector. NZ reached final under a different coach and should have won that cup and you are dismissing it a some useless team.I don't rate Hesson as some great coach at all, he tried to undermine one of his best players to get his selection as a captain.

Shastri the coach and Kohli the captain are not problem .Kohli the batsman is the problem he has flopped under pressure in big spots.If you say Kohli will not improve  as batsman and you want another captain, I am fine with that decision.Kohli the captain is the best captain India ever had and I don't think his captaincy is a problem.

Edited by putrevus
52 minutes ago, New guy said:

Because one of the person in the interview  panel openly said india will not change shashtri one month before the interviews started. The thread is here on this forum. And news about shastri being retained was out in multiple news sources before the interviews started 

Yes that might have been the case but if interviews did happen and I am guessing they were not blown away by their presentations.But I still  feel Shastri is better than both of them.The captain likes him that is the most important thing.Captain more than coach is more important.

I always liked Shastri's cricketing accumen, he should have captained more for India.

I was not hiding, why should I hide.I had to get that loss out of my system.You are not the only one who was upset due to that loss.Weren't you the guy who was laughing when I said NZ had a very balanced team and  was very good before the world cup.

Just becuase we want India to win, NZ does not become pathethic team.I told you then also playing Bhuvi ahead of Shami was not wrong decision and still is not wrong decion.Why Dhoni was sent after Karthik and Pant, I have no Idea.Why was Dhoni promoted in 2011 world cup when Yuvi was playing so well , and was perfectly capable of scoring those runs which Dhoni did in that finals too.

Why are you putting selection issues on the coach??? have you seen the statements of the chief selector. NZ reached final under a different coach and should have won that cup and you are dismissing it a some useless team.I don't rate Hesson as some great coach at all, he tried to undermine one of his best players to get his selection as a captain.

Shastri the coach and Kohli the captain are not problem .Kohli the batsman is the problem he has flopped under pressure in big spots.If you say Kohli will not improve  as batsman and you want another captain, I am fine with that decision.Kohli the captain is the best captain India ever had and I don't think his captaincy is a problem.

What are you saying selectors are puppet haven't you seen when selectors said kohli ll be rested and kohli came and say he ll play wi series. What nz team are you talking they reached sf purely due to shear luck, they lost against aus, eng ,pak and against ind rained out . It's the same team which india defeated 4-1 and shami was man of the series. Also regarding bhuvi vs shami no of wkt shami took playing 3 matches bhuvi took half of wkt by playing almost all 9 matches. So looks like you are as clueless as shastri kohli. And cimparing dhoni of 11 on par to dhoni of 19  just reinforce the aforementioned cluelessness which I referred. Under Hessan nz reached to final undefeated in wc 15 do no nz of 19 was not at all balanced team as you mentioned.Last but not the least if you still think that selection committe and CAC are acting autonomous and have no kohli influenced than it just shows how novice you are in terms of internal clout and politics of TM.

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

what are the challenging series in kohli-shastri next tenure ?

we tour NZ and Aus from what I remember. looking forward to seeing the latter. we will see Smith (in home conditions) boss the Ratman around. He will tear Rat a new one... and Rat will probably love it (secretly).

Edited by Vijy
23 hours ago, bahubali said:

What are you saying selectors are puppet haven't you seen when selectors said kohli ll be rested and kohli came and say he ll play wi series. What nz team are you talking they reached sf purely due to shear luck, they lost against aus, eng ,pak and against ind rained out . It's the same team which india defeated 4-1 and shami was man of the series. Also regarding bhuvi vs shami no of wkt shami took playing 3 matches bhuvi took half of wkt by playing almost all 9 matches. So looks like you are as clueless as shastri kohli. And cimparing dhoni of 11 on par to dhoni of 19  just reinforce the aforementioned cluelessness which I referred. Under Hessan nz reached to final undefeated in wc 15 do no nz of 19 was not at all balanced team as you mentioned.Last but not the least if you still think that selection committe and CAC are acting autonomous and have no kohli influenced than it just shows how novice you are in terms of internal clout and politics of TM.

if NZ was that putrid they would not have won against England technically they did win the match if not umpring error.Shami was man of series in NZ not in England.Bhuvi offers more with bat thats why he was playing why is it so hard for you to understand.You are clueless just becuase you think Shastri is not a good coach he does not become a bad coach.

England also lost more matches than India does it make England not worthy champions. TBoth finalists were lucky they lost matches in group stages.

NZ was one of better balanced teams in 2019 world cup .Under Hessan they were  blown away in finals where as under new coach they should have won the world cup if not not umpring error.Hesson is not better than Shastri IMO .

2011 Dhoni did nothing in that world cup either he was an utterflop with bat till finals and atleast he did something in this world cup before semi finals,My point was 235 was right in Dhoni's zone  and I have no clue on why he did not come up the order.Same way why I have no clue on why Gary Kirsten allowed Dhoni to come ahead of Yuvraj in 2011 finals when Yuvi was in such great form.If you hold Shastri accountable for it ,I am fine with it but Dhoni is beyond coach and captain for some reason.

What politics are you talking about and what has that done, you think Kohli is not deserving to be captain and he was made captain due to politics.

if NZ was that putrid they would not have won against England technically they did win the match if not umpring error.Shami was man of series in NZ not in England.Bhuvi offers more with bat thats why he was playing why is it so hard for you to understand.You are clueless just becuase you think Shastri is not a good coach he does not become a bad coach.

England also lost more matches than India does it make England not worthy champions. TBoth finalists were lucky they lost matches in group stages.

NZ was one of better balanced teams in 2019 world cup .Under Hessan they were  blown away in finals where as under new coach they should have won the world cup if not not umpring error.Hesson is not better than Shastri IMO .

2011 Dhoni did nothing in that world cup either he was an utterflop with bat till finals and atleast he did something in this world cup before semi finals,My point was 235 was right in Dhoni's zone  and I have no clue on why he did not come up the order.Same way why I have no clue on why Gary Kirsten allowed Dhoni to come ahead of Yuvraj in 2011 finals when Yuvi was in such great form.If you hold Shastri accountable for it ,I am fine with it but Dhoni is beyond coach and captain for some reason.

What politics are you talking about and what has that done, you think Kohli is not deserving to be captain and he was made captain due to politics.

We already had 8 batsmen played including jadega in that march,why do you need a batsmen bowler than a pure bowler who took double the wkts of bhuvi in just 3 matches btw what did bhuvi that with bat in entire wc. So you are exactly as clueless as shastri and ur god kohli. Yes exactly kohli doesn't deserve to be captain after loosing 2 crucial icc events and loosing 2 overseas test series . As I said nz was lucky to get in to the sf just like Kenya played sf in 2003 wc. Are you saying Kenya was more balanced then pak, sl and sa to reach to sf in 03 wc. And if you think nz of 19 wc was more Ballance than 15 wc than ur awesome and their is no cure for it i am sorry.