The Great Andy Roberts on Jaspreet Bumrah

sandeep

2 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Ok your the one who brought Amir in so I don’t need to read this word for word comparison. I already made my point clear of what I was talking about. And it defiantly wasn’t about how many fifers these two had cause Amir got hyped over the moon regardless of how many fifers he got. Bumrah is a proven bowler in ODI’s I will give him that, but Test cricket is a different bowl game. I rather wait to see him become a bowler worthy of these compliments. Till than these compliments are like extra butter in that bread.

He helped India win a test series in Australia which no Pakistani phaaasht bowler ever accomplished. In fact when was the last time Pakistan won a test in Australia or SA for that matter?

His bowling contributions helped us to win a test match in SA,Eng and WI and to add series in Aus.

Obviously no one is calling him an ATG already. Everyone thinks he might be the best fast bowler in the world right now across all formats based on his exploits over the last couple of years , don’t know why you are getting so flustered.

14 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Look there have been plenty of cricketers who have started off strong, shown so much potential by achieving some great feats in cricket only to not live up to the hype. At the moment Bumrah is still young in his career let him grow in stature as a cricketer.  Allow him to become a Indian great before you go off throwing such compliments. My issue is with the wording which makes this sound like a marketing ploy. But hey I won’t you from getting excited.

Edit: Any who this should be my last reply for the time being. This thread has lost interest for me. Thanks for the challenges @sandeep and @express bowling

What part of best fast bowler in the world “right now” based on performance across all 3 formats in the last “2 years” don’t you understand ?

That is not the same as Bumrah is an all time great

you are either  playing dumb on purpose. The only scenario in which you seem to be an American born as you claim is if you are a product of the New York public school system. In such a case it adds up

Edited by maniac
2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Right so he bowls like a spinner when he is a fast bowler which is what spinners do to deceive the batsmen.

Huh !  What are you even trying to say here !!

Do you watch cricket !

Bumrah does not bowl like a spinner.  He bowls like a hostile fast bowler but from a run up which is shorter than all other bowlers of his high pace.

He made his action and run up to compliment more brains over brawns  approach.

No. 

His action is explosive and he uses a lot of brawn. 

Incidentally ... Bumrah has a lot of brains too.

Others bowlers did that w But despite West Indies not having such a “freak” bowler they did fine did they not?

Yes, they did.  So. ?

Does not mean that people can't discuss hypothetical possibilities ... especially a gentleman who was part of that legendary attack.

Ambrose would not say he could play in any era if he did not believe he would do great in it. The very fact he called him a complete bowler who could play in any era is indicating he would do good.

Bumrah would obviously be good ... in fact very good in any era. That is a no brainer.

The only question is longevity by staying injury free ... about which no one can say.  And that is why Ambrose did not say that he would end up being an ATG in any era.

Heck they even mentioned they would love to have his type of bowler in there team. This is stuff you would say about a bowler who has some accomplished record in Test cricket and not a Rookie. 

The total impression about Bumrah has been formed from his continuous high quality performances since his international debut 3.5 years back. It is not as if people are seeing Bumrah in the last few months.

Edited by express bowling
On 8/28/2019 at 8:40 AM, Shaz1 said:

You got no evidence either that he is not doing it for some IPL contract. I am only saying it like I see it. These compliments feel very unrealistic and feel only done in a way to garner some attention.  If that makes me a greenbro than I never denied I was one. 

Hey greenbro idiot, you need evidence for a positive claim. If you think he is doing it for money, we are entitled to dismiss your opinion if you don’t present evidence. We do the have to provide evidence to the contrary since we are not making a positive claim.clearly basic logic isn’t taught in Pakistani households 

8 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Right so he bowls like a spinner when he is a fast bowler which is what spinners do to deceive the batsmen. He made his action and run up to compliment more brains over brawns  approach. Others bowlers did that w But despite West Indies not having such a “freak” bowler they did fine did they not?

Ambrose would not say he could play in any era if he did not believe he would do great in it. The very fact he called him a complete bowler who could play in any era is indicating he would do good. Heck they even mentioned they would love to have his type of bowler in there team. This is stuff you would say about a bowler who has some accomplished record in Test cricket and not a Rookie. 

To non experts, credentials matter. To experts they can size up skill and greatness by watching or interacting with the individual.something you will learn when you grow up and get a job and do it for a while 

the fact that West Indian greats mentioned it when Bumrah is touring their country, bowling insane spells and at the same point in time tends to suggest that it was genuine discussion amongst themselves. They love cricket; they all came to India vs Pakistan t20 final in 2007. IPL theory may be true but hard to prove and shouldn't be the first assumption. 

11 hours ago, express bowling said:

Gavaskar said that it would be very challenging for him to face Bumrah.  Negotiating swing bowling at that high pace would not have been easy for him.

Looks like he wants an IPL contract too ... oh wait !   He already has a lucrative one.     :phehe:

Sunny and Pujara opening for Delhi Capitals. 50 /0 in 20 overs.In reply RCB all out for 49.

20 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Well it brought me here.

Atleast you are with your friends with differeing opinions.

Now repeat after me 10 times:

Bumrah is the best.

Bumrah is the best.

Bumrah is the best.

Bumrah is the best.

Bumrah is the best.

Bumrah is the best.

Bumrah is the best.

Bumrah is the best.

Bumrah is the best.

Bumrah is the best.