Express bowlers are born, not made, like this one.

First class

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Virat is very conservative when it comes to new talent, with bat or ball.  And to a degree, he is a bit too comfortable with the level of control that Bumrah, Bhuvi, Ishant are providing him.   Shami is the one guy who's bit more attacking and doesn't hesitate putting control aside.   A captain has to be confident enough to throw in a young gun pace bowler, and importantly, be patient with him while he inevitably finds his feet.   Virat is not that kind of captain to be honest.  

While I agree with what you are saying, I must add that Shardul is not an accurate bowler either. Nor is he that quick. But he debuted in tests.

There are other factors at play too.

The problem with Pakistan is water scarcity - this directly impacts their ability to wash hands and maintain a good hygiene. A problem for most SA countries, but one that is severe in Pakistan. This has resulted in modern Pakistani boys being genetically malnourished and incapable of absorbing nutrients, thus churning out trundlers.

Tak a look at their current U19 players - everyone looks malnourished. Thus there will be no more express bowlers from Pak. Only gun barrel straight cannon fodders like the subject of this thread - who will be slaughtered by Shubman Gill.

3 minutes ago, Pandya_Power said:

The problem with Pakistan is water scarcity - this directly impacts their ability to wash hands and maintain a good hygiene. A problem for most SA countries, but one that is severe in Pakistan. This has resulted in modern Pakistani boys being genetically malnourished and incapable of absorbing nutrients, thus churning out trundlers.

Tak a look at their current U19 players - everyone looks malnourished. Thus there will be no more express bowlers from Pak. Only gun barrel straight cannon fodders like the subject of this thread - who will be slaughtered by Shubman Gill.

great observation. Kudos for such class in the post. 

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

I must add that Shardul is not an accurate bowler either.

He isn't but is perceived to be accurate.  A Bhuvi lite if you will.  Shardul got the "next man up" tag after topping the domestic wicket charts 2 years in a row IIRC, but the problem was that he was another Mohit Sharma at best, by the time he made it to the national team.  There were, and are, far more promising prospects available on the Indian domestic circuit.  To a certain extent, its a cultural thing - Indian cricket fraternity is nowhere near competent in terms of how to develop, groom, audition pace bowlers.   BCCI's default hard-set template for top level selection eligibility is rigidly "performance" driven, in terms of domestic numbers.   Domestic performance and numbers definitely should be the primary factor of course, but Selectors ought to take context into account.  Especially because pace bowling is a skill that is not easy to develop in domestic cricket, given the conditions, and how Indian cricket operates.  

3 hours ago, Pandya_Power said:

I think there is a separate forum for people like you to express all your hate, discrimination and anger, lets talk cricket here. We are talking about a 6-1 well built 19 year old Hasnain , soon to join another 6-5 tall 20 years old Shaheen in Pak team and you're talking about malnourished player. How many 6-5 tall 19-20 year old fast bowler you have in India and how many 19 years old express bolwers you have in India.

4 hours ago, First class said:

I think there is a separate forum for people like you to express all your hate, discrimination and anger, lets talk cricket here. We are talking about a 6-1 well built 19 year old Hasnain , soon to join another 6-5 tall 20 years old Shaheen in Pak team and you're talking about malnourished player. How many 6-5 tall 19-20 year old fast bowler you have in India and how many 19 years old express bolwers you have in India.

@Vilander @express bowling

@rkt.india. @Mosher

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Avesh Khan averages 23.7 with a SR of 46 in FC  ... but has managed to play only 20 FC games in 5 seasons. Sad !

M.Prasidh averages 22.55 with a SR of 50.7 in FC ... but has been played in only 6 FC matches in 4 seasons. Pathetic !

Mavi averages 24.05 with a SR of 47.3 in FC ... he has atleast managed to play most games he was available in, in his debut season.

Saini has managed to play lots of FC games only because of a visionary like Gambhir. Otherwise, all those limited thinkers in our cricket fraternity were hell bent on destroying his career.

Why are you trying to be selective with facts. Has there been a lack of opportunity for the two?

Avesh Khan was member of the u-19 team in two WCs 2014 and 2016. He made his FC debut at 18 for MP and was picked for Board President's 11 matches back in 2017 itself vs Aus, SA and SL , was sent to SA as a group of 4 rookie pacers to be with the national side and has been with most of the A sides ever since. What exactly is sad about it? All I see is a bowler being properly groomed.

After IPL 2018, Prasidh Krishna played regularly for India A (in Eng A), in the quadrangular involving SA and Aus A sides, for the Emerging Asia Cup.  Some of these series were played when Ranji matches were on and hence he did not play much FC cricket last season. Then he had a  horrible in the IPL, averaged 94 with a ER of nearly 10 and is out of reckoning currently. Last I saw him, he was bowling 128-130 kmph in KPL and seemed to be struggling. A '150 kph' bowling 130 after a few months suggests he isn't a natural pace bowler and more work needs to be done which he is doing at MRF Pace foundation.

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Why are you trying to be selective with facts. Has there been a lack of opportunity for the two?

Not talking about random and unplanned opportunities but planned grooming and development of international type pacers ... which includes them playing as many FC games as possible.

Avesh Khan was member of the u-19 team in two WCs 2014 and 2016. He made his FC debut at 18 for MP and was picked for Board President's 11 matches back in 2017 itself vs Aus, SA and SL , was sent to SA as a group of 4 rookie pacers to be with the national side and has been with most of the A sides ever since. What exactly is sad about it? All I see is a bowler being properly groomed.

After IPL 2018, Prasidh Krishna played regularly for India A (in Eng A), in the quadrangular involving SA and Aus A sides, for the Emerging Asia Cup.  Some of these series were played when Ranji matches were on and hence he did not play much FC cricket last season. Then he had a  horrible in the IPL, averaged 94 with a ER of nearly 10 and is out of reckoning currently. Last I saw him, he was bowling 128-130 kmph in KPL and seemed to be struggling. A '150 kph' bowling 130 after a few months suggests he isn't a natural pace bowler and more work needs to be done which he is doing at MRF Pace foundation.

One of the biggest development steps in a fast bowler's career is playing lots of FC games.  It teaches him how to bowl long spells, how to sustain pace and intensity and how to play for 4 or 5 days at a stretch. There is no substitute to this step.

Prasidh has played just 6 FC games in 4 years despite averaging 22 in FC. 

Avesh has played just 20 FC in 6 years although he is averaging 23.

Why are they / were they not getting sufficient FC games for their state sides despite being genuine wicket takers ?

And Avesh, although he has been picked for the A-team 4 day game squads from time to time, has missed more games than he has actually played. Even today he misses out to Umesh Yadav and is sitting on the bench.

Edited by express bowling
45 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

what? Last I saw him, he was clocking 145KPH in KPL 2019.  here is a link, watch at 8.25.  Speed isnt shown but commentator says 143K and i have watched him him hitting 145 live in this KPL.

https://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/karnataka-premier-league-2019/hubli-tigers-vs-ballari-tuskers-m191632/match-clips/highlights-tuskers-down-tigers/1260009533

7 hours ago, First class said:

Aquib Qureshi 21 year old, 6 foot 6. enough said!

Screenshot_20190917-113009.png

Trilok Nag 19 year old, 6 foot 6. 

Screenshot_20190730-103045.png

Mohsin Khan 21, 6 foot 4

Edited by rkt.india