Greta, the great!

coffee_rules

5 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Because she is a sixteen year old minor. Minors don’t have agency, which is why they have guardians. You cannot travel around the world bunking school as a sixteen year old of your own volition. Not unless you are an absconding orphan who inherited millions. 

Better place ? LOL. They may be scamming us in the NAME of making the world a better place. Neither is a settled debate. 

What? minors don't have agency? since when?

You can travel on your own volition at 16, yes someone may be funding it. But it doesn't mean she's not making the decisions.

Yes, reducing air pollution = better living conditions. 

2 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

What? minors don't have agency? since when?

You can travel on your own volition at 16, yes someone may be funding it. But it doesn't mean she's not making the decisions.

It means exactly that. If you don’t control the finances to your life, you don’t make decisions relating to whatever those finances facilitate. It’s not my kids decision to fly to xyz. It’s their wish. It’s my decision if I allow my kid to do so when they can’t pay for it.

2 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Yes, reducing air pollution = better living conditions. 

Air pollution does not equate to climate change. Actually aerosol in air == cooling effect on ground as soot blocks sunlight and limits heating to upper atmosphere. 

18 hours ago, Sachinism said:

I don't know why I bother, but you can find many named "scientists" here 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_climate_change_science

How did you come to conclude she's not doing it on her own volition? Oh someone on Twitter said 'something Soros something global elite bla bla puppets'.

OMG look at these people scamming us into try and turn the world into a better place. Despicable beings

What a sad time to live in, morons posting QAnon as a source for their information

I ask you for proof and you provided none. You provided a wiki article and fetch the names for myself :laugh: So no scientific journals no nothing. ok. And its common sense that some kid put up in UN to give a speech is not doing out of her own freewill. Kids don't think about climate change and other big things. It doesn't need a rocket scientist to figure this out. I guess common sense is not that common after all. Its an act to promote political ideas on a world stage. The fact that this kid is related to one of the founders of the "global warming" movement makes her suspect. There you go. I provided some REASON for my conclusion. Now your turn. Rest of your post is just meaningless shoe leather. Don't even bother about those

On 12/12/2019 at 11:38 PM, ExtremeBrainfade said:

The current scientific basis for climate change is solid and undeniable.  The proposed solutions (slowing industrialization of the underdeveloped world, more taxes in the name of carbon, more investment in solar/wind at the cost of nuclear, turning back the clock on agritechnologies etc.) are not the answer.  

Where is the science

On 12/14/2019 at 12:49 AM, Real McCoy said:

getting_cobalt_Greta.jpg?ssl=1

This is a great meme.  The hidden cost of solar and wind - toxic waste, metal-mining etc - are completely ignored by the radical, "feel-good" environmental movement.  If people like AOC, Bernie and others on the left were serious about decarbonization, they would be putting their weight behind nuclear power and modern ag technologies, not solar/wind and agroecology.  

6 minutes ago, ExtremeBrainfade said:

What counts as science to you?  

Science to me is based on actual empirical evidence which doesn't exist in the strictest degree. But science as we know it is a means to brainwash people into believing that we are a minute species in an enormous universe and that we are evil people and god doesn't exist. So that they can push their draconian laws on us and keep us in fear that global warming, aliens, asteroids, meteroite etc are out there to destroy us.

For example, we know that when the sun is out, we know its day time and when the sun sets and its dark, we know it as night. This everyone agrees. But giving me a CGI footage of a meteorite that supposedly missed earth which resembles an alien spacecraft design is bogus science. I'm talking about ououmama asteroid or whatever its name was

14 minutes ago, ExtremeBrainfade said:

This is a great meme.  The hidden cost of solar and wind - toxic waste, metal-mining etc - are completely ignored by the radical, "feel-good" environmental movement.  If people like AOC, Bernie and others on the left were serious about decarbonization, they would be putting their weight behind nuclear power and modern ag technologies, not solar/wind and agroecology.  

They are all busy working your brain rather than fixing issues that can't be fixed. The elite sell you cars but a different part of the same elite tell you how you should be ashamed in using those very same cars. They are here to divide and conquer the peasants so that we never have peace of mind

Really, bunch of grown-ass men, economists, politicians and world leaders,  listening to a teenager who is skipping class and ranting, hitting way about her aukat. Bankruptcy of intellectuals among the left. She's in Davos WEF!

Edited by coffee_rules