Can Rohit Haters Apologize

Khota

11 hours ago, maniac said:

How many games did he play in England? How many in SA?

Same guy was the highest run scorer in Eng in WC.

How did Kohli do in his first England tour?

How did Gautam Gambhir, Sehwag etc. do in Eng?

Why so much hate on a batsman who is the biggest match winner in Indian cricket in 2/3 formats?

as i already said the most important factor here is his age of 32y & 6m. If he was only say 27y & 6m as of now , I would still have backed him at least a bit because of his 'some what ok' performances in 'AUS + NZL' combined with his bradmanesque returns in India. But  since he is  almost 33 , still persisting with him is a bad investment in the long run especially because there are so many talented youngsters in the domestic waiting for chances.

On 10/2/2019 at 5:29 PM, Khota said:

All the so called experts, the white ball red ball BSeers and blah blah blah people. Rohit is a top bat for India and deserves to play. I laugh at the so called clueless experts here. Age etc. The list is endless.

I am glad Rohit has finally shown what he can do in test cricket however tell me if you believe he can do well as opener in SA, NZ or England ? Aus i think he can do well but other 3 i have my doubts. 

I ll put my hand up and confess I have been critical of this guy's insufficient returns vis-a-vis investment made on him over the years. But I think it's fair to say in last 2-3 years, Rohit has fully justified and compensated the early frailties. Irrespective of his productivity in overseas tests, there is no gainsaying the fact, Rohit's name is etched in the upper echelons of Indian batting stalwarts now.

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

I ll put my hand up and confess I have been critical of this guy's insufficient returns vis-a-vis investment made on him over the years. But I think it's fair to say in last 2-3 years, Rohit has fully justified and compensated the early frailties. Irrespective of his productivity in overseas tests, there is no gainsaying the fact, Rohit's name is etched in the upper echelons of Indian batting stalwarts now.

agreed , n ill take him overseas even if he is inconsistent their only provided if he bats like bradman at home

It's a waste of time persisting with Rohit Sharma in Tests, he is an uber failure. Now as opener, that's a bigger joke. Any of the potential openers would have scored a 100 against this limp d!ck Saffer bowlers.on these conditions.

Even West Indies have a better bowling attack. 

11 minutes ago, chewy said:

The only way forward for Rohit is to treat him as horses for courses, same strategy applied to bowlers. Flat pitch, no good swing bowlers in opposition then pick him for everything else he is a liability just like in SA tour. 

This is it. If at all TM wants to play Rohit by overiding domestic performers like Shaw, Panchal and Easwaran then it should be only in India as that's were he can score runs. When it comes to SENA countries he is a sitting duck even for Australia particularly when TM wants to play him as an opener.

6 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I am glad Rohit has finally shown what he can do in test cricket however tell me if you believe he can do well as opener in SA, NZ or England ? Aus i think he can do well but other 3 i have my doubts. 

Your doubts are not misplaced but there is no one better than him.

On 10/5/2019 at 5:47 PM, ExtremeBrainfade said:

Not a hater, thus no apologies, but I didn't think he should have been in the test team.  So, my last few meals have been:

Image result for eating crow meme

Of course, it is expected that Rohit "lovers" will do the same when, after amassing records at home, he will be asked by the team mgmt to open abroad and ... 

You guys will force me to enter the Crow meat selling business.  

Looks like there will be demand both during home and away seasons.   :phehe:

1 hour ago, chewy said:

The only way forward for Rohit is to treat him as horses for courses, same strategy applied to bowlers. Flat pitch, no good swing bowlers in opposition then pick him for everything else he is a liability just like in SA tour. 

well said ... apply 'horses for courses' theory on Rohit . Since he is 'bradmanesque'  in India , even if he does not play any other tests he will adjust like 'duck into water '  in India.That is the only effective way of using him, if any. 

1 minute ago, rtmohanlal said:

well said ... apply 'horses for courses' theory on Rohit . Since he is 'bradmanesque'  in India , even if he does not play any other tests he will adjust like 'duck into water '  in India.That is the only effective way of using him, if any. 

As they say in India its about batsman....so u wnt see such rules applied on batsman. Bowlers are picked n dropped acc to condition not batsman atleast in India

We have played rahane at home and dropped him in SA 

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

As they say in India its about batsman....so u wnt see such rules applied on batsman. Bowlers are picked n dropped acc to condition not batsman atleast in India

We have played rahane at home and dropped him in SA 

I  generally believe that this ' horses for courses' theory should be far lesser applied in general  to batsmen when compared to bowlers. This is because

batting is a discipline where a 'single ball' is enough for the batsman to discontinue thru the rest of an inns. So constantly making changes to batting unit is  an adversely affecting move. Yet batsmen   like Rohit  can be utilized in that way  because of him being such productive at home.Any way as you said. highly doubt wr.t that with this TM.  

On 10/6/2019 at 10:24 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

bhajji was even worst in 2010 t20 Wc u love him, didnt pick a single wkt in 5 games

Mahela n Inzy avg 3 yes 3 in 2003 Wc......does that make them less of players

Show me he was the worst if not can I call you a liar?

Edited by Khota