Massive protests in JNU over fees hike

vayuu1

2 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

I doubt you can rent a few chairs per day at that cost in most parts of the country let alone a room! This seems more in line with current prices, do you have info about the overall increase in tuition fess & all?

They hiked only the hostel fee .. 20rs per month seems like 1980s ka hostel fee ..

no changes in the course fee ..

Those who have only learnt about JNU from news channels like Zee, Times Now etc doesnt know how helpful JNU has been to a lot of poor families as well as to nation.

For most of you guys its about communism nd Anti Nationals but just go into JNU rather than reading about it from news sources of today.

One of the best uni in India for poor students and also a lot of intellectuals are also there and not just free loaders (do agree there are quite a lot).

Never studied in JNU (am in IT only) but have been there a lot as live in Gurgaon.

18 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Yes however 20/month is ridiculous no matter how you look at it.  The fees they're paying now is more "normal" & still well below market rates!

we can easily solve this issue .. hike the price only for 30yr and above students ,  98% of the commies will fall in that category :lol: 

On 11/12/2019 at 5:47 PM, velu said:

• Thousands of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) students clashed with police on Monday during their protest against a steep fee hike

• The rent for a single-seater room has been increased from Rs 20 per month to Rs 600 per month, while rent for a double-seater room has been increased to Rs 300 per month

:rotfl: 

1 hour ago, beetle said:

Just close the hostel for a few months. 

Tell students to manage outside.

When they pay real rent,then they will realise the value of Rs600 rent.

B@$%^&# free loaders !

In my opinion, protests are more due to the "fears" than the actual hike to Rs 600

As I know BJP, then it has showed that it will try to break and destroy any one who differs from them, using any legal/illegal means. 

JNU is like a thorn in the eyes of BJP, and it is hell bent to destroy this opposition by JNU. 

This hike in the hostel fee is "Just a Start". And JNU students think if they are not going to stop BJP right at this spot, then BJP very soon it is going to increase the tuition fee and all other things too and bring it to the commercial rates. 

Off course government will not get more money by increasing the hostel fee from Rs 20 to Rs 600, but it is only the testing ground. Every one knows the real intentions of BJP and what is going to follow it.  

19 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

In my opinion, protests are more due to the "fears" than the actual hike to Rs 600

As I know BJP, then it has showed that it will try to break and destroy any one who differs from them, using any legal/illegal means. 

JNU is like a thorn in the eyes of BJP, and it is hell bent to destroy this opposition by JNU. 

This hike in the hostel fee is "Just a Start". And JNU students think if they are not going to stop BJP right at this spot, then BJP very soon it is going to increase the tuition fee and all other things too and bring it to the commercial rates. 

Off course government will not get more money by increasing the hostel fee from Rs 20 to Rs 600, but it is only the testing ground. Every one knows the real intentions of BJP and what is going to follow it.  

I dunno, sometimes it feels like posters on this forum suffer from multiple personality disorder.

A lot of your posts are sane & then suddenly this from the left field :yawn2:

47 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

20 Rs for a room.

Are you serious?

A lot of these rooms are taken up by freeloading ' students' nearing thirties .

They are students for the free life and politics.

These rooms should be freed up for genuine students,a lot if whom are piss poor.

The really poor students who can't afford 3 hundred rupees for shared rooms can be given money in their bank accounts.

There is no need for our  tax money going to good for nothing so called students who just want a free life.

JNU has got a bad name because of these trigger happy protestors and the urban naxals hiding behind the student tag .

Dissent is good for the country ...but it has to be for a real reason and not anti national .

Raising rent from 20 rs to 300 for shared room and 600 for single room is not a real reason for dissent .

Do you know the current finance minister is a JNU alumna ?

If not for the antinational elements,JNU is a pretty fine university.

It is time to reclaim the university for real students.

India is a real democracy in the truest form. 

If BJP goes against what people want,it will pay for it during elections.

Right now people are not interested in free loading antinational ' students' living off tax money while deserving students are paying 8-10 thousand for same accomodation outside.

Edited by beetle

1 hour ago, Alam_dar said:

bhai .. even in 2006 I paid 800rs room rent ( twin sharing ) per month in Coimbatore where room rents are 1/3rd of Bangalore ( Delhi might be even more expensive) ..

if Modi says breathing is good for health , these jnu Commie libtards  will stop breathing :lol:

4 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Tu Harroz itna zyada Chewtiya kaise banta ja raha hai?

Please don't blame me for posting the thinking and the opinion of the other side too.  Right or wrong, but this is the issue we are facing in this conflict. 

While you people are focused on this issue that price hike is justified according to the commercial standards, but this is not the core issue here. 

The core issue is the fear that BJP will then also introduce the price hike in the Tution fees on the same grounds that price hike is justified in name of the commercial standards. 

And it is not only the hotel fee, but at the same time sanitation fee of 1700 Rs has also been introduced. And already in pipeline is the increase in Mess fee. 

And even more core issue is the image of BJP where it is hell bent in destroying all those who oppose it in any way. You may not accept it, but for JNU students, they look the issue from this angle. 

A wise approach is:

(1) Increasing prices gradually every year. But if the price hike is 2000% , then this is not a wise way of doing things and against the human psychology. 

The story of frog and immediate hot water vs gradual increase in water temperature is very much true for humans too. 

(2) I see that main argument of the supporters of BJP is this that incentives should only be given to the poor families and the poor students. 

It is strange that they say it, but at the same time unable to see that BJP provided no alternative incentives to the poor families and this hike of fee was for the poor students too. 

Therefore, if you come up with this idea as your argument, then you should at the same time criticise the government for not implementing it in JNU during this process of price hike. 

4 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Please don't blame me for posting the thinking and the opinion of the other side too.  Right or wrong, but this is the issue we are facing in this conflict. 

While you people are focused on this issue that price hike is justified according to the commercial standards, but this is not the core issue here. 

The core issue is the fear that BJP will then also introduce the price hike in the Tution fees on the same grounds that price hike is justified in name of the commercial standards. 

And it is not only the hotel fee, but at the same time sanitation fee of 1700 Rs has also been introduced. And already in pipeline is the increase in Mess fee. 

And even more core issue is the image of BJP where it is hell bent in destroying all those who oppose it in any way. You may not accept it, but for JNU students, they look the issue from this angle. 

A wise approach is:

(1) Increasing prices gradually every year. But if the price hike is 2000% , then this is not a wise way of doing things and against the human psychology. 

The story of frog and immediate hot water vs gradual increase in water temperature is very much true for humans too. 

(2) I see that main argument of the supporters of BJP is this that incentives should only be given to the poor families and the poor students. 

It is strange that they say it, but at the same time unable to see that BJP provided no alternative incentives to the poor families and this hike of fee was for the poor students too. 

Therefore, if you come up with this idea as your argument, then you should at the same time criticise the government for not implementing it in JNU during this process of price hike. 

Bees rupaiya !!

Bees Rupiaya!!!

Bees rupiaya gets you 2-3 golgappe in ncr !( depending on location)

That was the rent for God's sake!!!

How can you justify your argument?

Sanitation fees???

Who will pay for cleaning the **** of these middle aged students?

Do sanitation workers not deserve better pay ?

Wht! Just because bjp is in power,nothing should be changed.

Bees rupaiye mein kamra do !

Yes...tuition fees should also be raised.

People who can pay should pay.

Poor students who deserve on merit should get money or scholardhip ( a lot of them do) and non meritorious students should be encouraged to join vocational colleges instead of collecting degrees that won't get them a job.

Edited by beetle

1 hour ago, beetle said:

Bees rupaiya !!

Bees Rupiaya!!!

Bees rupiaya gets you 2-3 golgappe in ncr !( depending on location)

That was the rent for God's sake!!!

How can you justify your argument?

Sanitation fees???

Who will pay for cleaning the **** of these middle aged students?

Do sanitation workers not deserve better pay ?

Wht! Just because bjp is in power,nothing should be changed.

Bees rupaiye mein kamra do !

Yes...tuition fees should also be raised.

People who can pay should pay.

I agree completely with this. 

Poor students who deserve on merit should get money or scholardhip ( a lot of them do) and non meritorious students should be encouraged to join vocational colleges instead of collecting degrees that won't get them a job.

This is what has been missing from BJP decision. 

But this has neither been highlighted by the BJP supporters nor they are criticising BJP for this. 

BJP approach at moment is price hike for ALL including the poor ones too, while poor ones in the JNU were severely against BJP and now BJP want to punish them in some way (at least this is what the poor ones in the JNU are thinking about BJP's policy right now). 

And last one is the image of BJP that it created for itself by destroying those who differ from it through use of any means.  Yes, BJP is in power and could afford to do it at moment in name of majority votes, but I am afraid that at some point this approach will bring clashes in the society. 

Edited by Alam_dar

What makes you think poor students don't get help?

Secondly how do you know poor students are against bjp?

India is largly a poor country. If that was true bjp would not be in power.

Bjp can go against the anti India section of JNU because the people of India have no patience for these namak garaam naxals who live of tax payers and talk about breaking the country that people are paying taxes to run.

If people had sympathy for these freeloading traitors,no political party could touch them.

That is how democracy works.

On 11/11/2019 at 7:41 AM, Moochad said:

BJP should cut funding to arts students completely, libtards will really lose their mind then 

Good call. 

Shinzo Abe did the same thing in Japan, what a champ :hatsoff:

https://time.com/4035819/japan-university-liberal-arts-humanities-social-sciences-cuts/

Alarm Over Huge Cuts to Humanities and Social Sciences at Japanese Universities

:hysterical:

On 11/11/2019 at 9:57 AM, Moochad said:

The only reason arts students don't go overseas is because they have no actual value to foreign countries to poach them in the first place. Who really needs to import someone from India to study and espouse Marxist theories in London or New York?

I agree, mostly engineers, doctors, and techies get poached, but even people with pure science degrees like Biology or Chemistry aren't poached!

Edited by Tibarn