BHU students stage protest against appointment of Muslim professor In Sanskrit faculty

Gollum

20 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

It is Islamic country like Pakistan which are using the schools and colleges and universities to teach/brainwash Religion of Islam. 

In a Secular Country, the is no place to teach the "Dharam Vigyan" in the universities. If some one want to learn the Dharam Vigyan, then he has to go to the private religious schools. 

India was never secular in the Western sense of the term. We are a confused nation. 

14 hours ago, Gollum said:

You guys are thinking Sanskrit is a language, but it is construct (krutha) for teaching culture and morals, call it religion or dharma or theology, hard to separate. Here is Feroze khan’s view on a text connected to Ramayana, he says is non-religious. Indic thought has separated chintan and bhodan always. Those who seek can give gyaan to others only if it is accepted by a bunch of experts, what western scholars call it as peer-reviewed. Binary debaters jumping on handing out bigotry certificate can’t get this.

6 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

In my opinion Hindu right was never confused. 

But they were only using the cultural "Excuse" to impose the Hindu Dharam Values upon the others. 

It is not the Hindu Right which is confused, but these are the OTHERS who have been made confused by the Hindu Right by using these tactics. In other words, Hindu Right is making fool of these Others. The ultimate goal of the Right Hindu is "absolute superiority", while others will stay maximum as 2nd class citizens (if not on the level of Dalits of the past). 

If these Right Wing Students were making the place "Clean", then it shows what teachings of  Dharam taught them about the Others. Off course the reformists today will deny presence of any such teachings in the the Dharam (... just like the moderate Muslims who also deny presence of hate speeches in the Quran and Sunnah). 

Tumhare samaj ke bahar  ka sangeen charcha mat  kiya karo. Dharma was never imposed like Islam. Nobody was beheaded if they didn’t believe. Don’t keep trolling and equating us to your perverted desert religion

Edited by coffee_rules

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

India was never secular in the Western sense of the term. We are a confused nation. 

Can you explain this further instead of agreeing to idiots who are trolling here? Secularism is a Western European terminology that these LeLis are peddling. We are much more plural and receptive of all all philosophies before these desert monotheistic slaughtering religions were invented.

Edited by coffee_rules

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Can you explain this further instead of agreeing to idiots who are trolling here? Secularism is a Western European terminology that these LeLis are peddling. We are much more plural and receptive of all all philosophies before these desert monotheistic slaughtering religions were invented.

What is there to explain? Western secularism is separation of religion (church) from state. Our version emphasizes on treating all religions equally and promoting/protecting them all. In India religious laws often take precedence over state laws, like in case of Muslims. As we know since 1947 all religions aren't been treated equally, dharmics in general and Hindus in particular are receiving step motherly treatment at the hands of the state (eg govt takeover of our temples). So we are not secular in any sense. 

Edited by Gollum

I am a big fan of Mahabharat series that came out in 90s.. One of the reasons I loved that series was because of its dialogues.... and i was shocked to find out that that main script writer of that show was a muslim.. Hindus need to be progressive and glad some well known came out against these protest.. and i bet the fire was stoked by very few fanatics.. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

What is there to explain? Western secularism is separation of religion (church) from state. Our version emphasizes on treating all religions equally and promoting/protecting them all. In India religious laws often take precedence over state laws, like in case of Muslims. As we know since 1947 all religions aren't been treated equally, dharmics in general and Hindus in particular are receiving step motherly treatment at the hands of the state. So we are not secular in any sense. 

To be honest religion plays a huge part in American politics still.

Pretty sure in Europe as well.

Yes but get what you are saying though, fundamentally church and state are separate entities.

In India though it’s weird unless you are a civil lawyer or something you are not sure what part is governed by local religious laws and what are governed by fed laws. For example triple talaq was ok but don’t think any non-hindu can get away with murder or rape or say stealing  citing  their religious law. As I said we are a confused Kaum. Pakistanis are even more confused then us hence they suck even worse.

We are in 21st century and these idiots are still boasting of their religion and trying to preach whats right and wrong. Knuckleheads of the highest order present in every religion. People are so sensitive. We are supposed to be the most tolerant country, but these dimwits I guess have to be found in the country of billions. 

On 11/21/2019 at 4:29 PM, Gollum said:

That was pathetic as well but I think he had some sexual harassment complaint against him then so maybe benefit of doubt goes to organizers who succumbed to goons, probably they wanted to avoid controversy. I am not sure, don't remember the details, I condemn their bigotry there but this is even more inexcusable. Don't call them confused, call them b@stards. 

I think the allegations against him, were after #metoo. Much after the whole Ram Leela controversy.

In his book he bragged about his 'exploits' and the women who partook in these supposed exploits claimed to not even know Nawazuddin. He issued an apology of sorts and redacted  those excerpts from his book.

But I call out the Hindu right because they have an issue if a Muslim scholar wants to teach Sanskrit. They also have a problem with ostentatious display of Muslim faith. What do they want? 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Edited by Mariyam

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

I think the allegations against him, were after #metoo. Much after the whole Ram Leela controversy.

In his book he bragged about his 'exploits' and the women who partook in these supposed exploits claimed to not even know Nawazuddin. He issued an apology of sorts and redacted  those excerpts from his book.

I know about that book. But earlier there was another controversy within his family, details I don't remember but that's how the goons justified their behavior. What they did was wrong, no question. 

I think Shiv Sena (official party line) wasn't involved, some member of their party (or claiming to be) in Bihar or UP did this tamasha, so maybe Nawazuddin didn't hold any grudge against the Thackerays. 

Shiv Sena does not endorse pulling Nawazuddin Siddiqui out of Ramleela: Aditya Thackeray

But I call out the Hindu right because they have an issue if a Muslim scholar wants to teach Sanskrit. They also have a problem with ostentatious display of Muslim faith. What do they want? 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Those who behave that way are scumbags. People should mind their business, shouldn't matter if Muslims want to teach Sanskrit/Yoga or display their faith, eat/dress the way they want to....all fine as long as public isn't inconvenienced and laws aren't broken. 

Edited by Gollum

51 minutes ago, mishra said:

Banaras has a Banaras gharana which ensured that you can wakeup on Bank of Ganges with Bismillah. “Maa Sharada” doesn’t sees religion of a person to give her blessings.

i just keep getting more and more angry at these goons

Should the banks of the Ganges be washed and cleaned if a Muslim wakes up there?

At least this is what the Hindu Students of BHU did in case of Dr. Feroz. 

Am I mistaken that this is the real teachings of the Hindu Sacred Texts? 

All religious texts have been written by the humans. Therefore, there are so much hate speeches in them. 

5 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Should the banks of the Ganges be washed and cleaned if a Muslim wakes up there?

All religious texts have been written by the humans. Therefore, there are so much hate speeches in them. 

You still pretending to be an atheist here while declaring your Muslim credentials in identical posts at PP ? 

15 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Google emBanaras Gharana. Understand the importance of Banarasi paan in voice modulation and even if you didn’t get what my post stands for, then listen to Shri Shri Bismillah Khans compositions.

Enough clues for you

Edited by mishra

18 hours ago, mishra said:

Banaras has a Banaras gharana which ensured that you can wakeup on Bank of Ganges with Bismillah. “Maa Sharada” doesn’t sees religion of a person to give her blessings.

i just keep getting more and more angry at these goons

True, Hindus should just cow down to some Hindus with a diff viewpoint and are not all allowed to even protest. They should be the only religion that is supposed to reform to every TOm, Dick and Harry’s viewpoint.

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

True, Hindus should just cow down to some Hindus with a diff viewpoint and are not all allowed to even protest. They should be the only religion that is supposed to reform to every TOm, Dick and Harry’s viewpoint.

Same logic can apply to JNU students protest too.
fact is, Basis of protest isn’t justified. I understand “Ooprehit” system. No amount of  Learning can make you “Ooprehit”.  But, learning can make you expert.

Edited by mishra

ICF never fails to disappoint. People ignorant of and/or too lazy to actually look into an issue are never hesitant to give gyaan.  

If anyone actually wants to understand the issue, then one should actually read about it, including straight from the students mouths, instead of bleeding out their own eyes with their misplaced fury:

https://www.opindia.com/2019/11/how-the-bhu-students-were-demonised-and-the-ones-who-refused-to-be-secularised-unfairly-called-bigots/

https://www.opindia.com/2019/11/bhu-students-protest-firoz-khan-muslim-professor-sanskrit/

https://www.opindia.com/2019/11/bhu-protests-students-of-svdv-submit-their-demand-to-the-pmo-want-firoz-khans-appointment-rescinded/

https://www.opindia.com/2019/11/bhu-dharma-vigyan-svdv-dr-firoz-khan-ayurveda-department-interview/

https://www.opindia.com/2019/11/bhu-svdv-faculty-student-protests-firoze-khan-hinduism-dharmic-muslims-appointment-interview/

https://swarajyamag.com/ideas/ground-report-khan-welcome-as-a-teacher-but-not-our-dharma-guru-what-bhu-protest-is-about-and-what-it-is-not

https://twitter.com/TIinExile/status/1197545232931274752?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1197545232931274752&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231197545232931274752

If too lazy to read, then watch the videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZDIfvQXDzI&feature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoCa9hMP-do&feature=emb_logo

https://youtu.be/9VQ7ap15ow4

I expected a certain assortment of clowns to post in this thread, such is their nature, but I am more disappointed that some more sensible people took the bait.   

Don't me :thefinger:

Edited by Tibarn

4 hours ago, mishra said:

Same logic can apply to JNU students protest too.
fact is, Basis of protest isn’t justified. I understand “Ooprehit” system. No amount of  Learning can make you “Ooprehit”.  But, learning can make you expert.

The protest was never about restricting learning, but teaching. There are so many Muslim Sanskrit Pandits.

This issue has been handled similar to Sabarimala issue or Tripura animal sacrifice ban. A lot of people including those from center of right have called the pro-sabaramala as bigots, regressive and feminists, a lot want to prove their secular credentials.

Edited by coffee_rules