1st ODI, West Indies tour of India at Chennai, Dec 15 2019 - 01:30 PM IST

tweaker

17 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He scored runs in WC and got dropped how is that backing

He has been one of best t20 yet has been on bench....what backing

Calm the F down....failed today only, even rohit n kohli to did 

He did fine in wc and got dropped no excuse for that 

mayank gill are in line behind him 

Please stop this gibberish , he scored only easy runs and first instance he faces a tricky scenario he gets out. Same happened in WC, and same happened here.

T20 can't be criteria for ODI selection, he has not done enough in ODI, atleast the chances he as got. I don't know whether it's lack of understanding or what, but Rahul should not even be considered ahead of Mayank and Gill given how superior the two are in every aspect.

Probably you are ok to see somebody in your class or office getting all the opportunities based on perceived quality while you do all the hard work and prove yourself at every critical phase. But I personally am not and most of the folks here wont be happy with perception taking over merit.

12 minutes ago, RajBan said:

Please stop this gibberish , he scored only easy runs and first instance he faces a tricky scenario he gets out. Same happened in WC, and same happened here.

Oh please have u even seen cricket. This guy has 100s in Aus, ENG and made runs in Aus home series where everyone was strugglng

In same Wc game kohli, Rohit both failed

T20 can't be criteria for ODI selection, he has not done enough in ODI, atleast the chances he as got. I don't know whether it's lack of understanding or what, but Rahul should not even be considered ahead of Mayank and Gill given how superior the two are in every aspect.

Anyone who can score in t20 n test can score in and for u info he has 100s in ODI as well 

In the games he has played he has done enough

ur comparing mayank n gill who havent even been found out to someone like rahul who has been found out. Soon mayank n gill wud be also found out. compare players bad form with each other not ones bad form to someone good form 

Probably you are ok to see somebody in your class or office getting all the opportunities based on perceived quality while you do all the hard work and prove yourself at every critical phase. But I personally am not and most of the folks here wont be happy with perception taking over merit.

He has 2 100s n 4 50s in 23 games....so what bad has he done. Kohli also had 2 -100s n 5 -50 by that point ....SO even kohli shud have been dropped 

No i aint impatient like u with young players....

Ppl spoke crap about pant he scored today

Go check career or yuvi, rohit , Zak how long it took them to take off

If u cant have patience for one cricketer u wont have for other. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

Foolish Pant,there was an easy 100 for him to silence his critics and the nexus for the time being

Let it go,damn

Ironically he always looks good when he is not trying to attack or hit in the air. This was similar to what he did against Bang in WC. But well played today, I think he is trying to find a way to score runs and be successful in middle order

13 minutes ago, nevada said:

Once again Pant throws it away with a poor shot. It's not the last over of the innings, what's the need for cheeky shots?

This mentality is why we will keep losing in cups. Teams like England have every player hit out, get out, next player comes and hits

We still want 90s way of playing ODIs

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Oh please have u even seen cricket. This guy has 100s in Aus, ENG and made runs in Aus home series where everyone was strugglng

In same Wc game kohli, Rohit both failed

Anyone who can score in t20 n test can score in and for u info he has 100s in ODI as well 

In the games he has played he has done enough

ur comparing mayank n gill who havent even been found out to someone like rahul who has been found out. Soon mayank n gill wud be also found out. compare players bad form with each other not ones bad form to someone good form 

No i aint impatient like u with young players....

Ppl spoke crap about pant he scored today

Go check career or yuvi, rohit , Zak how long it took them to take off

If u cant have patience for one cricketer u wont have for other. 

I probably have seen more cricket than you. When did you first watch your cricket match in TV, when did you first watch in stadium?  Cricket is not about being flashy and how much one is active in social media.

Mayank is the standout domestic performer in last 10 years. His batting is all about grit and application with a good mix of aggressiveness. It is being reflected when he is given chance in international cricket. He has been pretty good.

Rohit is an aberration not the norm

, not everybody who gets chance after chance makes it. Yuvaraj and Zaheer are different scenarios, you can do some research if you have not got chance to see them live over the years.

Rahul does not show the perseverance and mental strength to make it consistently. When the going gets tough, Rahul stops going. I will be happy to be proved wrong, just that evidence on ground does not say so.

3 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Ironically he always looks good when he is not trying to attack or hit in the air. This was similar to what he did against Bang in WC. But well played today, I think he is trying to find a way to score runs and be successful in middle order

I feel he is playing to save his place in the team

His real flare is missing ,even if he plays like this he has enough skills to dismantle attacks in later stages but still think poor guy is under the pump to save his place all the time,maybe in some way it helps him curb those unnecessary shots he plays at the start

Same was the case with Sehwag ,his fans always wanted him to approach onedayers like he used to do in tests,there was enough firepower in his game to score at rapid rate in onedayers same is the case with Pant 

Maybe someday they send him to open,still Pant will have to get feel of the things initially 

I always feel he has all the shots in the book and is not 'absolutely' limited with his range,he has to be level headed , don't pay heed to his bevada coach's verbal diarrhoea

6 minutes ago, RajBan said:

I probably have seen more cricket than you. When did you first watch your cricket match in TV, when did you first watch in stadium?  Cricket is not about being flashy and how much one is active in social media.

Clearly i can see u hve no idea about stats...

We have many here watching it for 40 yrs n still no idea....ur new in the club

Mayank is the standout domestic performer in last 10 years. His batting is all about grit and application with a good mix of aggressiveness. It is being reflected when he is given chance in international cricket. He has been pretty good.

Even rahul came after making runs in domestic . He ll get his chances....Let rahul get his 1st . IF ppl thought like u we wont have had kohli, rohit, yuvi.

Ye mayank got 70 on his 1st Aus tour, Rahul got 100

Yet Rahul got 100 in his 1st WI tour and mayank got max 50

Rohit is an aberration not the norm

, not everybody who gets chance after chance makes it. Yuvaraj and Zaheer are different scenarios, you can do some research if you have not got chance to see them live over the years.

why were they diff scenarios???

Yea right kohli stats were same 

Rohit, Zak< yuvi struggled for 5-6 years ....yet everyone is a diff scenario.

Rahul does not show the perseverance and mental strength to make it consistently. When the going gets tough, Rahul stops going. I will be happy to be proved wrong, just that evidence on ground does not say so.

even 20 matches who becomes consistent ?

Right did u watch Ind-Aus Home series.....going gets tough n he was the toughest . Chance milta nhin lekin match winning knocks chahiye

Edited by Ankit_sharma03