Jump to content
Austin 3:!6

Babar Azam - an ATG in making?

Recommended Posts

On 12/25/2019 at 9:13 PM, Aiden said:

In 2019 Babar out performed Kohli

 

Tests:
Babar: 6 tests, 11 innings, 616 runs @68,44 with 3 hundreds, 3 fifties, SR - 72,30
Kohli : 8 tests, 11 innings, 612 runs @ 68,22 with 2 hundreds, 2 fifties, SR - 63,28

ODI's :
Babar : 1092 runs in 20 inns @60,66 with 3 hundreds, 6 fifties- SR - 92-30
Kohli : 1377 runs in 25 innings @59,86 with 5 hundreds, 7 fifties - SR 96,36.

T20's :
Babar : 10 innings 374 runs @ 41, 55 with 4 fifties - SR 136,99
Kohli - 10 innings 466 runs@ 77,66 with 5 fifties - SR 147,93

Stupidity like this is what invites negative comments on Babar.

Link to post
2 hours ago, First class said:

Again something is wrong with upbringing of people like you who cannot write a simple sentence without using some unpleasant words like "moron". Don;t know whom to blame for your problem, you or------. 

Saying 'outperformed' was moronic.   

 

I know you folks are desperate for Indian appreciation, and doubly desperate for a reasonably decent batsman, but this kind of insecure begging for compliments and claims of "outperforming" is straight up moronic.

Link to post
On 12/25/2019 at 8:13 PM, Aiden said:

In 2019 Babar out performed Kohli

 

Tests:
Babar: 6 tests, 11 innings, 616 runs @68,44 with 3 hundreds, 3 fifties, SR - 72,30
Kohli : 8 tests, 11 innings, 612 runs @ 68,22 with 2 hundreds, 2 fifties, SR - 63,28

ODI's :
Babar : 1092 runs in 20 inns @60,66 with 3 hundreds, 6 fifties- SR - 92-30
Kohli : 1377 runs in 25 innings @59,86 with 5 hundreds, 7 fifties - SR 96,36.

T20's :
Babar : 10 innings 374 runs @ 41, 55 with 4 fifties - SR 136,99
Kohli - 10 innings 466 runs@ 77,66 with 5 fifties - SR 147,93

wow the delusions of grandeuer. Should i put up the stats of Mayank Agarwal? Rohit Sharma? We don't say Mayank "outperformed" Kohli just because Mayank made more runs this season. Bashing the hapless srilankans with 3 bowlers, scoring when Aussies were kind of having fun while he, Rizwan, Yasir made some cheap runs don't qualify as "outperforming"

Link to post

Agarwal 8 tests 11 innings 754 runs 3 hundreds 2 fifties Avge 68.54

Rahane     8 tests 11 innings 642 runs 2 hundreds 5 fifties avges 71.33

Rohit sharma   5 tests 6 innings 556 runs 3 hundreds avge 92.66

Vihari 4 tests 341 runs 1 hundred 2 fifties avge 68.20

Jadeja 8 tests 440 runs 5 fifties avge 62.85

 

 

Atleast 3 guys from India have "outperformed" Babar one have matched. One lower order batsman have almost matched him.

Link to post

Can't take yearly stats. There are many cricketers who had a brilliant year with bat during which they outscored the best batsman of their eras. Doesn't makes the batsman in peak better than the greats of the era.

 

Babar Azam test average is 42. It needs to be consistently over 50 for few years to be compared with anyone amongst Smith, Kohli, Williamson or Root.

Link to post
48 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

wow the delusions of grandeuer. Should i put up the stats of Mayank Agarwal? Rohit Sharma? We don't say Mayank "outperformed" Kohli just because Mayank made more runs this season. Bashing the hapless srilankans with 3 bowlers, scoring when Aussies were kind of having fun while he, Rizwan, Yasir made some cheap runs don't qualify as "outperforming"

Besides as per Kohli standard it was a mediocre year for him in test and it's best performance of Babar since he born.

Link to post
31 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Why is everyone in Pakistan cricket and those assoiciated with it are eager to lump this guy with big four or Kohli .

The funniest stat I have seen in a long time was when a greenbro "statistician" decided to take the "average" of batsman rankings across formats - test, ODI and T20, and showed that Babar's "average" ranking is higher than Virat's.  And this wasn't just some rando fanboi.  

 

To be fair, you see a lot of such dumbass fabricated stats about Indian batsmen too, but this one was "special" in its stupidity.

Edited by sandeep
Link to post
On 12/25/2019 at 9:13 PM, Aiden said:

In 2019 Babar out performed Kohli

 

Tests:
Babar: 6 tests, 11 innings, 616 runs @68,44 with 3 hundreds, 3 fifties, SR - 72,30
Kohli : 8 tests, 11 innings, 612 runs @ 68,22 with 2 hundreds, 2 fifties, SR - 63,28

ODI's :
Babar : 1092 runs in 20 inns @60,66 with 3 hundreds, 6 fifties- SR - 92-30
Kohli : 1377 runs in 25 innings @59,86 with 5 hundreds, 7 fifties - SR 96,36.

T20's :
Babar : 10 innings 374 runs @ 41, 55 with 4 fifties - SR 136,99
Kohli - 10 innings 466 runs@ 77,66 with 5 fifties - SR 147,93

Just curious, how the heck did deduce that Babar outperformed Kohli based on the stats you provided???

Link to post

Rawalpindi test starts in about 4 hours from now. 

 

Hopefully Babar Azam can score a big hundred (ideally double hundred) in this series. Babar is a fan favorite in this region, had great cheer going on from the crowds last time when he scored hundred. 

 

It is probable that he would be named as ODI Captain as well. 

Link to post
1 hour ago, raki05 said:

Babar Azam LL be garibo ka Jonathan trot.

I think garibo ka Hashim Amla would be apt. Both are masters of scoring soft impactless runs against mediocre attacks and stat pad like no tomorrow. 

 

No matter how many runs Babar score , he'll always remain a level below the likes of Kohli, Rohit, Warner, Smith ,KW and even Root. He just can't win games consistently enough with his timid style of play and zero power game. 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Norman said:

I think garibo ka Hashim Amla would be apt. Both are masters of scoring soft impactless runs against mediocre attacks and stat pad like no tomorrow. 

 

No matter how many runs Babar score , he'll always remain a level below the likes of Kohli, Rohit, Warner, Smith ,KW and even Root. He just can't win games consistently enough with his timid style of play and zero power game. 

Day light below these 2 and several level below of aforementioned folks what you have mentioned. 

Link to post

Babar azam is a bottler of highest quality... he is a king of soft runs.. his delusional pans compare him with virat kohli.. infact he is much worse than kl rahul.. kl rahul can do.. both of babar azam nd rohit sharma in the same innings.. babar azam lacks power game.. he just doesn't have it in him.. he is yet to replicate wht kohli achieved early in his career (freak innings of 183 against pak & 133 against sri Lanka in Hobart)...

 He can't win his team a match on his own chasing 320+ target.. because he lacks the extra gear in his batting.. as it was evident when he bottled the chase against india in world cup.. 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...