2nd ODI, West Indies tour of India at Visakhapatnam, Dec 18 2019 01:30 PM IST

tweaker

10 minutes ago, putrevus said:

You might be right about Jadhav about being spent force.His SR was is not a problem for no6, he is just fine there.You don't have to hit ball a mile to score runs, he has his ways of scoring.There not many options there so he will be in contention till they find other options.

I don't think Dubey is no6, he is more of no7/8 than no6.

Another case against jhadhav is his utility as a cricketer... earlier it was his bowling wiz made a strong case.. now with novelty factor lost.. he isn't an ideal 6th bowling option.. thus if he finds his place in the team purely as batsman.. then there are better choice available.. or Atleast can be tried in..being conscious of future....

Going by range of shots i will rate SKY the best bat at no 6 in the country..currently available.. how he performs at international level is there to be seen.

Edited by Amit228
1 minute ago, Amit228 said:

Another case against jhadhav is his utility as a cricketer... earlier it was his bowling wiz made a strong case.. now with novelty factor lost.. he isn't an ideal 6th bowling option.. thus if he finds his place in the team purely as batsman.. then there are better choice available.. or Atleast can be tried in..being conscious of future....

Going by range of shots i will rate SKY the best bat at no 6 in the country..currently available.. how he performs at international level is there to be seen.

Is it novetly factor lost or his injuries played a part in his bowling fortunes?If he is not bowling few overs then he becomes a liability for this team.I don't think he will be around much longer if that happens.

14 minutes ago, Amit228 said:

Yup sky n even dk has more shot range then dube , jadhav but problem is they have no 2nd skill

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Is it novetly factor lost or his injuries played a part in his bowling fortunes?If he is not bowling few overs then he becomes a liability for this team.I don't think he will be around much longer if that happens.

Both but more of novelty factor.. with his below the sea level darts which grazes along the ground.. giving no bounce of his deliveries for a batsman to hit .. he was surely a useful 6th bowling option... However now most teams has worked it out.. just bent & slog sweep his darts..

Meet bat at the pitch of the ball.. as he doesn't hv the ability to turn the ball..

How confident is TM on his bowling skills.. well u can see..he isn't bowling much of late.. he was hardly used as a bowling option in the world cup.. making his case as a utility cricketer feeble..

2 minutes ago, Amit228 said:

Both but more of novelty factor.. with his below the sea level darts which grazes along the ground.. giving no bounce of his deliveries for a batsman to hit .. he was surely a useful 6th bowling option... However now most teams has worked it out.. just bent & slog sweep his darts..

Meet bat at the pitch of the ball.. as he doesn't hv the ability to turn the ball..

How confident is TM on his bowling skills.. well u can see..he isn't bowling much of late.. he was hardly used as a bowling option in the world cup.. making his case as a utility cricketer feeble..

He may not be useful at all outside India, he did bowl few overs in WI.I think they are not sold yet on Dubey's batting at no6.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Right.

Kohli put up an act of being happy after that Pant 6, learning some hamming from his talented wife.

The Americans never landed on the moon but in a studio in Hollywood.

Aliens built the Pyramids.

:hatsoff:

All I'm saying is that Kohli was visibly happy at that innings by Pant. Let's not invent make believe reasons to hate on our own team.

wow, that is what I call going off on a tangent. Who said Kohli was hamming? We know he is an impulsive, expressive fellow. Clapping and smiling when his team-mate is performing is enough to prove Kohli's captaincy credentials around grooming young talent? Is that where we are setting the bar now?

No one is 'hating' on the team by pointing out areas of improvement - for the captain, coach or any player - atleast, that's how I see it. I have immense respect for Kohli the batsman and for his individual work ethic. But if I see issues in his captaincy, will point it out - being one of the boys and celebrating success does not give him carte-blanche on captaincy front. There is a lot more to the captaincy thingy.