Happy Pongal and makara sankaranti to all !!!

velu

Happy Pongal. Makara  Sankranthi, Uttarayan, Lohri. Same festival, different names and rituals. In Marathi, they say, “Tilgul ghya god god bola”,. In Kannada, we say, “YeL tindu olle maathadu”. “Eat sesame and talk well about all” roughly translated. 

khara pongal or sakkara pongal? I like khara better.

Panipat War (@Panipat_1761) Tweeted:
14 Jan 1761, Panipat, Haryana.257 yrs ago, a entire generation of Hindus gave it all for the protection of Hindupatpatshahi n Swdharma.In the words of Vishwas Patil author of Novel Panipat "A war fought never before and never after by the Marathas for asmita of Hindu Bhumi" https://t.co/trnmChf2ZD

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Dumb Hindians, it is Makara in Sanskrit, Tamil, Kannada. And it is not Kannad, Keral. :wall:  Else we will start calling it Haryan instead of Haryana. Or Madh Pradesh, Odish

I just feel lucky that no one from the wrong side of the Vindhyas thought the "Happy" in ("Happy Pongal") was someone's name.   

Edited by Param Mastishk Pheeka

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Dumb Hindians, it is Makara in Sanskrit, Tamil, Kannada. And it is not Kannad, Keral. :wall:  Else we will start calling it Haryan instead of Haryana. Or Madh Pradesh, Odish

Chalo I can be happy that it’s not makara sankranTHi ;)

On 1/15/2020 at 6:47 AM, coffee_rules said:

Happy Pongal. Makara  Sankranthi, Uttarayan, Lohri. Same festival, different names and rituals. In Marathi, they say, “Tilgul ghya god god bola”,. In Kannada, we say, “YeL tindu olle maathadu”. “Eat sesame and talk well about all” roughly translated. 

Khara all the way.  With a well-made aviyal and/or tomato gothsu (Kannada: gojju).  

On 1/15/2020 at 5:17 PM, coffee_rules said:

In Kannada its "Yellu Bella tindu olle maathadi " not just sesame.. as far as I know. 

Anyway Happy Sankranti 

Edited by diga