4th T20I (N), India tour of New Zealand at Wellington, Jan 31 2020 12:30 PM IST

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Guys like Pant, Samason have to develop all round game like KL Rahul who is a 360 degree player. If your mind is set on clearing only staight boundary and long boundary you are going to pick the wrong ball to play  the shot in that area and get out. React to the ball. Don't play with preconceived mindset.

Pant still is a convincingly better test batsman than Rahul

2 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Can't understand this hitting a six of every ball thought process. Youngsters who come need to find their feet at the international level and not become a hero every ball.

The wicket ball was a tad short. Obviously he should have played a backfoot cover drive. These are fundamentals. Reacting to the ball. No wonder he has such a low domestic average.

Just now, bowl_out said:

What a wasted opportunity Samson. Threw it away.

To be fair never understood the hype with Samson. He is a good talent but always suffers from immaturity and inconsistency. I won't put him in the same class of Shaw and Gill yet. I am disappointed to see Samson getting chance ahead of Pant  but not surprised because TM is playing high level politics here. Ideally for the last two T20s both shod have played, does not add any value by playing either of Rohit and Kohli.