Time to admit NZ is a darn good team and a difficult match-up for us

Gollum

I got the feeling that our team did not really give importance to this series and were playing casually. 

None of the key players played with intensity.

And with so much cricket being scheduled, it is bound to happen.  Focus is bound to be on Tests and T20Is this year.

The series against Australia did not have any tests or T20Is ... so we saw us playing with much more intensity.

every TOP tier team is basically damn good in their own conditions. Just because we could thrash them 1-4 in the previous tour doesn't necessarily mean we can repeat the same in this tour. Also experienced players like Dhawan,Rohit were missing. Both Shaw & Mayank are highly talented and ample chances should be given. Only regret is blunders TM made.Split  up of KUL/CHA has never been a good idea. If Kuldeep  indeed has been  lesser potent due to some injury , then playing him  alone in the 1st ODI was the mistake.

2 hours ago, Suhaan said:

I think this is 3 match series and we have lost it already

Just checked after your post. Indeed a 3 match series which we have lost. The best that our team can do is win the last ODI, fly home with a 5-0 T20i series win and a 1-2 loss. I will accept that gladly on an overseas tour against NZ.

Whereas a result of having whitewashed them in T20i and getting whitewashed in ODI is an even series for both teams.

4 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Just checked after your post. Indeed a 3 match series which we have lost. The best that our team can do is win the last ODI, fly home with a 5-0 T20i series win and a 1-2 loss. I will accept that gladly on an overseas tour against NZ.

Whereas a result of having whitewashed them in T20i and getting whitewashed in ODI is an even series for both teams.

Question of flying home does not arise now .

Coz there a test series too, to be played from 21 Feb onward.

Don't care about the two losses. Happy that Prithvi Shaw and Mayank Agarwal were given opportunities. But extremely disappointed with the inclusion of Kedar Jadhav in the X1. Don't understand why he is still playing for India. Do India actually see him in their best X1 in about 3 years in ODI? India's best X1 in this series should have been this for the first couple of games:

Prithvi Shaw

Mayank Agarwal

Virat Kohli

Shreyar Iyer

KL Rahul

Manish Pandey

R Jadeja

N Saini

M Shami

Y Chahal

J Bumrah

They could have even tried opening with Rahul and having Pant in the middle order as the keeper. But still happy that the two youngsters getting a chance. Thakur's selection is like when we used to give India caps to some random pace bowlers from domestic cricket in the 90's. Thakur may have done decently in this game but he does not feature in our best X1 and should not be anywhere near our National squad. I am now worried that he he will be chosen as the replacement of Ishant Sharma if the latter was found unfit in the Test series. Manish Pandey looked in great tough in the T20 series and I am surprised that the TM have preferred Jadhav in place of him.

A fluke once in a lifetime knock by Jaddu made the SF look close, otherwise it was going to be a one-sided beatdown. They know how to play us. Need better tactics and selection keeping our bogey team in mind, we are 1-6 in last 3 decades against them in ICC tourneys for a reason.

Edited by Gollum
2 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

didn't we beat them 4-1 last year against a full strength NZ team?

They experimented a lot esp when it came to bowling changes, maybe they weren't motivated enough. Also Kulcha had the novelty weapon. 

Edited by Gollum
On 2/8/2020 at 9:13 PM, ShoonyaSifar said:

No Kane Williamson, no Boult, Matt Henry and Fergusson - thats 4 players missing from the WC final team including almost the entire bowling attack (Santnr didn;'t play today). This was an almost NZ A team.

Losing to them is not okay especially when you have a loudmouth captain and coach who keep repeating how great they and their team is.

Brutal truth.

On 2/11/2020 at 1:08 PM, Gollum said:

A fluke once in a lifetime knock by Jaddu made the SF look close, otherwise it was going to be a one-sided beatdown. They know how to play us. Need better tactics and selection keeping our bogey team in mind, we are 1-6 in last 3 decades against them in ICC tourneys for a reason.

Damn. That hurts.