Yashasvi Jaiswal for the 2023 WC

Mariyam

27 minutes ago, Number said:

After a double in first innings, he scored 144 in 157 balls in Irani finals seconds innings, where his team ROI manged only 244. 

Staking his claim for the national side.:two_thumbs_up:

He is one for the future, I am a fan of his mental strength and calmness that he demonstrated in the U-19 final vs Bangladesh.

All his teammates were falling under pressure, he kept the scoreboard ticking and weathered the storm. 

At that point people were comparing him and DDP and courtesy of his poor performance in IPL he was behind him. But he has really upped his game in last 2 years to a different level and now knocking the doors of national team.

5 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

He is one for the future, I am a fan of his mental strength and calmness that he demonstrated in the U-19 final vs Bangladesh.

All his teammates were falling under pressure, he kept the scoreboard ticking and weathered the storm. 

At that point people were comparing him and DDP and courtesy of his poor performance in IPL he was behind him. But he has really upped his game in last 2 years to a different level and now knocking the doors of national team.

he is banging those doors hard, so is sarfaraz. but neither will be selected while the oldies hang on

9 hours ago, Vijy said:

he is banging those doors hard, so is sarfaraz. but neither will be selected while the oldies hang on

No let the oldies play. It's fun to watch them struggle. Love seeing virat and ghujaras face when they get bamboozled by harmless spin. 

And then iyer. Clear weakness vs bounce yet we keep selecting him. One ball vs starc and gifted his wicket. Fkn Thayer sadham.

2 hours ago, speedracer said:

No let the oldies play. It's fun to watch them struggle. Love seeing virat and ghujaras face when they get bamboozled by harmless spin. 

And then iyer. Clear weakness vs bounce yet we keep selecting him. One ball vs starc and gifted his wicket. Fkn Thayer sadham.

we should find a way of playing only the following players: dhawan (vc), kela (wk), gujarata, brat, gilli, iyer, rahane (c)

most useless top 7 above

6 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Been 3 years since I've opened this thread.

Yashasvi is still playing and dominating the small ticket domestic games. 

BCCI must the worst board when it comes to talent nurturing.

Confirmed. It is. Both Sarfaraz and Yashasvi are averaging 80 now in FC cricket. Yet, they are nowhere near the Indian team. We have to give KL Rahul another 20 years and Kohli and Pujara another 10 years as they are very "talented".

On 3/4/2023 at 4:10 AM, Number said:

After a double in first innings, he scored 144 in 157 balls in Irani finals seconds innings, where his team ROI manged only 244. 

Staking his claim for the national side.:two_thumbs_up:

During that second innings, ROI got 6 ducks and Yashasvi scored a hundred during that time.

6 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I watched the first day of the Irani match. Very well organized innings. I saw a discipline in the way he constructs an innings in the under-19. I could see the same here. Not overly flamebuoyant. A measured approach.  Especially the way he left the balls were impressive.  He should come ahead of Prithvi shaw. 

shaw is a hack with too many technical issues. gill is also going that way in tests

9 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I watched the first day of the Irani match. Very well organized innings. I saw a discipline in the way he constructs an innings in the under-19. I could see the same here. Not overly flamebuoyant. A measured approach.  Especially the way he left the balls were impressive.  He should come ahead of Prithvi shaw. 

Agreed. Shaw tries to be aggressive, but does not have a good defense. I don't think we should pick Shaw for Tests.

On 3/6/2023 at 3:30 AM, Texan said:

Confirmed. It is. Both Sarfaraz and Yashasvi are averaging 80 now in FC cricket. Yet, they are nowhere near the Indian team. We have to give KL Rahul another 20 years and Kohli and Pujara another 10 years as they are very "talented".

What's hard to understand? Money talks. They don't have superstar status. They won't get picked. Until those younger guys are capable of lining up their pockets, they will be benched. Plus a lot of politics is involved in selection process for the national team.