Countrywide lockdown from midnight: PM

Stradlater

14 hours ago, sandeep said:

And this is why I was saying on the other thread, that things will move quickly - and it is smart to make preparations, and you were lecturing empty-vessel like on the need "not to panic".  

Sorry to indulge in "told you so", I have nothing but empathy for my fellow countrymen, I am relatively safer in  a country where supply chains and facilities are much more developed and under way less demand strain.  Good luck my friend, stay calm and stay safe.  

There is no need to panic buying. Stores and shops are opening every day for 3 hours.

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Yes, very insensitive post, take care and be safe

That was in context of trump and him wantin to reopen the economy by Easter but I realize it can be insensitive to those with family members who have such problems. I deleted the post.

Edited by FischerTal

11 hours ago, Gollum said:

Modi had one *ing job to do, and he messed up. My whole area was in panic mode, how many read the notification? PM's speech should have assured the public that essential commodities would be available. And why did he have to wait till late evening to do so? Had he made this announcement during daytime it would have been so much easier for everyone. Stupid communication, awful...

Modi baar baar bol raha tha panic buying na kare par log sune tab na. Aur blame modi ko kar rahe ho. Lockdown to Sunday se hai. Kal naya kya bola modi ne. Essential commodities ki Shops and stores daily open ho rahe hain morning me fir bhi log panic buying kr rHe, modi k mana krne k bad bhi

11 hours ago, Gollum said:

Modi had one *ing job to do, and he messed up. My whole area was in panic mode, how many read the notification? PM's speech should have assured the public that essential commodities would be available. And why did he have to wait till late evening to do so? Had he made this announcement during daytime it would have been so much easier for everyone. Stupid communication, awful...

The same question can be asked to you. Why did you and many alike, only react from late evening yesterday?

Long lockdown was always on the cards and, any well to do person should have prepared since Modi 1st speech on 19th.

19 minutes ago, someone said:

The same question can be asked to you. Why did you and many alike, only react from late evening yesterday?

Do you know me? Or what I have been doing for the last few days? If no, your question directed to me is null and void. 

19 minutes ago, someone said:

Long lockdown was always on the cards and, any well to do person should have prepared since Modi 1st speech on 19th.

Yeah but he should have made it clear in his speech that essential commodities would be available. There are old people in our homes, people with serious medical condition, can't prevent panic, communication should have been crystal clear. 

Indians are the biggest chewts, I mean is it ever possible to stop essential supplies, food,groceries ,medicines even the the time of strictest of lockdowns?? 

I mean seriously, what's the point of panic buying ?? 

Essential services and supply chain will never stop ,and stop acting as if Modi is your baap and you are completely dependent on his advisories, abey saalon apna dimag hai ki nahi ,har cheez me Modi ji ne kaha Modi ji ne woh kiya !

10 percent of the fools might have grabbed the virus yesterday only .

There is no need for panic ,just 1 or 2 days at max ,everything will be in order ffs !!

30 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Modi baar baar bol raha tha panic buying na kare par log sune tab na. Aur blame modi ko kar rahe ho. Lockdown to Sunday se hai. Kal naya kya bola modi ne. Essential commodities ki Shops and stores daily open ho rahe hain morning me fir bhi log panic buying kr rHe, modi k mana krne k bad bhi

Anything to defend Supreme Leader eh?

Many shops selling essential commodities aren't being allowed to function, are you up to date with news? Just because things are smooth in you area, doesn't mean everything is hunky-dory all across the country. 

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

Thank God mine live on our village farmhouse these days. Good thing about villages is the self-sufficient economic structure there. 

My father was supposed to undergo an operation last week, not emergency but had to be done in the coming months. Doctor insisted ki all will be fine, thank God better sense prevailed, also some luck with the timing and some other freak incidents. 

Edited by Gollum

My take on this ,india will not be that badly effected by this due to many reasons, I wont type those .

By April 5 hopefully this gets reduced and cases dont swell up .

Niti ayog DC Amitabh Kant responding to the queries of common people, listen to him .

He has said grofers and BB heads have talked with him and the DPIIIT ,they will ensure the states open the supply chain for them and they get back to business ,just wait of a day or 2

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

There is no need to panic buying. Stores and shops are opening every day for 3 hours.

the reason for this in mumbai was coz mumbai was already under curfew a day before this announcement and nothing was avl on that day and even currently most shops are running out of stocks.

here is an example

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Supply chain is choked. Just asked a shopkeeper he said supplies not coming, still plenty of people are in queue  to get groceries.

1 hour ago, adi B said:

Indians are the biggest chewts, I mean is it ever possible to stop essential supplies, food,groceries ,medicines even the the time of strictest of lockdowns?? 

I mean seriously, what's the point of panic buying ?? 

Essential services and supply chain will never stop ,and stop acting as if Modi is your baap and you are completely dependent on his advisories, abey saalon apna dimag hai ki nahi ,har cheez me Modi ji ne kaha Modi ji ne woh kiya !

10 percent of the fools might have grabbed the virus yesterday only .

There is no need for panic ,just 1 or 2 days at max ,everything will be in order ffs !!

In Punjab Goa , essential services are stopped, so don't tell they will not stop. Government their is saying they will home delivery but how ? They don't have answer.

And it's already 4 th day , things are getting worse.

7 hours ago, flamy said:

Yes, they had SARS.

What I find appalling is that even with the right methodologies being modeled in real life in other countries with a 3-4 weeks lead time, western world still got caught with their pants down...

Probably they were too much into globalization and economies. 

Like italy with their hug a chinese or USA/UK not going for it to save their economies and health system. Maybe no one even planned for things to pan out like this. There was concept of "herd immunity" in the UK not long ago. 

7 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

Probably they were too much into globalization and economies. 

Like italy with their hug a chinese or USA/UK not going for it to save their economies and health system. Maybe no one even planned for things to pan out like this. There was concept of "herd immunity" in the UK not long ago. 

Globalisation will be the worst victim of this crisis. That had created lobby groups and thus many developed nations knowingly were reluctant about acting strongly against the virus. We have seen countries which cares about foreign trade over its own people lives.