Countrywide lockdown from midnight: PM

Stradlater

45 minutes ago, someone said:

Globalisation will be the worst victim of this crisis. That had created lobby groups and thus many developed nations knowingly were reluctant about acting strongly against the virus. We have seen countries which cares about foreign trade over its own people lives.

This is why it is of less risk to african countries because they have higher time available to respond with low expats/tourists. Europe/USA with high volumes of expats and foreign entry were much more exposed to this. I worry for Pakistan/India with huge populations now. 

Regarding the monetary benefits, even WHO tweeted about lack of human to human transfer. I think whole world should have cut-off china. 

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Stores and shops are opening every day for 3 hours.

Tha's a bad plan - they should be open longer, instead of forcing people to  crowd in that time window.  Even in US with stores open 8 am to 9 pm, social distancing means there are lines in some stores to get inside.  Smaller stores are enforcing a rule to allow only 50 customers at a time - and a "small" store in US is about 20x bigger than the corner store in India.  

Good thing about India, in addition to the heat and humidity, is that almost all will be wearing masks.  In US, people are not realizing the need to wear them yet. Its a problem.

4 hours ago, Singh bling said:

In Punjab Goa , essential services are stopped, so don't tell they will not stop. Government their is saying they will home delivery but how ? They don't have answer.

And it's already 4 th day , things are getting worse.

Ask the state government .

Each state government have to act as if it is a country on it's own, the borders are already sealed ,so they are on their own .

Dont let the virus travel state -state ,that'll make things go way out of control.

Finance ministry will announce a package soon .

Just wait for 1-2 days ,things will get better wrt to goods/food supply ,panic mode etc 

2 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

why not give people advance warning what you are going to do so they can stock up? Modi has the opposite of the midas touch,he really makes a well intentioned  lockdown into a mess.

He's been a real letdown in terms of executive leadership.  The "gujarat model" succeeded inspite of him, not because of him. 

2 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

why not give people advance warning what you are going to do so they can stock up? Modi has the opposite of the midas touch,he really makes a well intentioned  lockdown into a mess.

He did say on 19th and it could be for weeks. Its various people themselves who reacted late and panicked instead.

Most of my relatives were well-aware of the implications, and had prepared from 19th March.

23 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

How will people stock up for 21 days? They should allow old people living alone (worried for my mom) to get people to deliver stuff.

There are community services for stuff like this.

You can try contacting these guys:

https://bangaloreroundtable7.wixsite.com/brt7/contact

Regular people in the vicinity who volunteer to buy stuff for the elderly. I'm sure they'd take due precautions before they hand over the food items/ household items. 

Edited by Mariyam

1 hour ago, cowboysfan said:

what do you think Janta curfew was? it was giving people warning of what was coming next. if you give advanced date of when lockdown will start, its not going to stop people from hoarding, in fact they will have more time to hoard.

52 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

There are community services for stuff like this.

You can try contacting these guys:

https://bangaloreroundtable7.wixsite.com/brt7/contact

Regular people in the vicinity who volunteer to buy stuff for the elderly. I'm sure they'd take due precautions before they hand over the food items/ household items. 

Thanks, She has some help now. I will get additional help from outside. Looks like essential services are ok (milk, veggies etc) for now. No panic set yet. Only concer if old people get sick, 

India is desperately under-reporting. We are under-testing,  but also strategically reporting deaths. One of the early cases in India - someone from that Italian tourist group in Jaipur, was classified as `recovered'. But he died a few days after being discharged from the hospital of a heart attack. Similar thing with the tourist from Philippines. Classified as recovered from Covid19 by India, but the guy died a few days later. 

10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Modi baar baar bol raha tha panic buying na kare par log sune tab na. Aur blame modi ko kar rahe ho. Lockdown to Sunday se hai. Kal naya kya bola modi ne. Essential commodities ki Shops and stores daily open ho rahe hain morning me fir bhi log panic buying kr rHe, modi k mana krne k bad bhi

On junta curfew day, all shops except medical stores were closed. Even the day following it, although grocery shops were opened they were closed forcibly by police patrolling and anyone on street had their bases red. Today again situation was same in some areas and in other areas it was fine.

2 hours ago, FischerTal said:

what do you think Janta curfew was? it was giving people warning of what was coming next. if you give advanced date of when lockdown will start, its not going to stop people from hoarding, in fact they will have more time to hoard.

Why it is always 8pm announcement with just 4 hrs to panic (obviously) ? Abey din mein kar na announcement. 

4 minutes ago, kosingh said:

India is desperately under-reporting. We are under-testing,  but also strategically reporting deaths. One of the early cases in India - someone from that Italian tourist group in Jaipur, was classified as `recovered'. But he died a few days after being discharged from the hospital of a heart attack. Similar thing with the tourist from Philippines. Classified as recovered from Covid19 by India, but the guy died a few days later. 

India has a large population, so even 1% testing of population seems infeasible. And the death stats will never be true. There is speculation that some countries are not reporting those with serious pre-conditions as dead through the virus.

10 hours ago, adi B said:

My take on this ,india will not be that badly effected by this due to many reasons, I wont type those .

By April 5 hopefully this gets reduced and cases dont swell up .

Niti ayog DC Amitabh Kant responding to the queries of common people, listen to him .

He has said grofers and BB heads have talked with him and the DPIIIT ,they will ensure the states open the supply chain for them and they get back to business ,just wait of a day or 2