Rank the Mental Strength of the current Fab 4

1 hour ago, Nikola said:

Why is kane so overhyped on icf and social media? he had two great chances to win odi worldcup for his side but failed there. Has pretty avg records in away tests against top nations. Just cause of his good guy image he is overrated. People here keeping him ahead of kohli are fully delusional.

We can call it the Dravidian 'nice boi' perception effect.  

52 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Williamson ahead of VK?  That's a tough argument to make.  Try and substantiate it.

It's not that Kane set the world on fire or something but it's just Kohli failing in an epic way in the last three ODI knockouts makes his case weaker. I can't find a better knock under pressure from Kohli than Williamson's 67 in the semi last year. Add to that his 2 hundreds in two very tight games against SA and WI in the last WC .

Yes Kohli has done remarkably well in the T20 WCs under pressure but right now he's just not the same player as he was in 2014 or 16. He has botched up 5 big pressure but very doable run chases in the last 3 years. I'm pretty sure Williamson would have saw his team home atleast twice if he had the same opportunities. 

13 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Ross Taylor?  Latham? 

Some folks talk as if Kiwis batting lineup only  gets 6 wickets vs 10 for opponents.

It’s not about batting skills. Man to man then just check out the records of Rohit,Dhawan and Dhoni if you purely go by Support.

Being the biggest Rohit fan I will say Kohli is a better bat than Rohit (statistically and performances wise, not counting natural flair and talent :p:) but Rohit handles pressure better is the consensus from what we see.

This is where I rate Williamson.

Root has fallen off quite a bit after taking up captaincy, I don't think he belong to the elite gang now. Rohit deserves a mention in top batsmen of the world now, hopefully he has a wonderful tour of Australia in tests.

On topic, Virat is the most overrated of this lot imo, conspicuous by absence whenever things get tough. Best batsman in all formats, ghanta !!

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Maximized his resources, became an ambassador that his entire country can actually be proud of and not by shenanigans like pandering to opposition but with his demeanor and composure.

Kohli has all the resources in the frickin world.

Sure as a batsman Kohli is ahead no one even debates that.

Bullsh!t. Tell me what has he won with his such ability as well. Lost worldcups or key test series away from home. As batsman he is no way near to kohli. It's actually insult to kohli that we are comparing him with kane.

41 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

I do not like his captaincy, and his attitude is abrasive, but Kohli gets a pretty bad rap on ICF. Kohli has impacted Indian wins overseas more than Ailaa did already. 

This is false. The last decade(2010-19) we have seen more overseas defeats than than the previous decade (2000-09).  The most bane thing about this statement i believe is these defeats will continue as we saw 0-2 to NZ of all teams earlier this year.

With the kind of bowling that Kohli has under his disposal, fab 4 would have won everywhere. 

Edited by Stan AF

Phattu team lost 4-1, 2-1,2-0 against 3 out of 4 sena countries. Whereas current Sena team is no where closure to the one they have between 2000 -2011. We have won NZ and eng and drawn in aus and sa during that period and somehow phattu, bewda and few icfer tried to made us believe as if it was some kind of achievement what they did in past few years.

Edited by raki05
9 hours ago, Stan AF said:

This is false. The last decade(2010-19) we have seen more overseas defeats than than the previous decade (2000-09).  The most bane thing about this statement i believe is these defeats will continue as we saw 0-2 to NZ of all teams earlier this year.

With the kind of bowling that Kohli has under his disposal, fab 4 would have won everywhere. 

Name me a few tests where Ailaa's batting won a test overseas. I can cite examples of Dravid, Laxman and even Sehwag.

2 hours ago, raki05 said:

Phattu team lost 4-1, 2-1,2-0 against 3 out of 4 sena countries. Whereas current Sena team is no where closure to the one they have between 2000 -2011. We have won NZ and eng and drawn in aus and sa during that period and somehow phattu, bewda and few icfer tried to made us believe as if it was some kind of achievement what they did in past few years.

I think this year's NZ tour has burst the last bubble. And almost all ICFers are in agreement about the aukaat of this team and TM.

On 7/24/2020 at 7:21 PM, maniac said:

Smith also played match winning knocks in WC 2015 semis and finals. A 100 and a 50, and also was the top and sole scorer in the 2019 semis which they lost.

Also 2015 QF, tamed Wahab Riaz while other Aussie batsmen were jumping like cats on hot tin roof. What Smith has done in WC KOs is unlikely to be matched ever again. 

3 hours ago, raki05 said:

As if wc semifinal loss wasn't enough they went and lost both odis/tests in NZ.

tenor.gif