Anushka Sharma hits back after Sunil Gavaskar’s comment about Virat Kohli’s performance

raki05

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

People get so offended these days, can't even take a joke.

Thank God Kohli didn't play against McGrath, Warne, Gilly, Waugh brothers. The sledging and mental torture would have been brutal.

Are you kidding, he would have flourished if he was playing against Mcgrath and company. Kohli is not some bum he is one of greatest batsman ever to have played this game.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Are you kidding, he would have flourished if he was playing against Mcgrath and company. Kohli is not some bum he is one of greatest batsman ever to have played this game.

He wasn’t talking about his skill but his over sensitive and over the top behavior and reactions to stupid things.

he got riled by Kendrick Lamar (was that the name of the WI bowler? ) of all people. 

forget aussies the worst sledgers in the 90’s were kiwis. Today they look holier than though but I remember in the 99 series they even managed to break Dravid and Sachin lol.

I'm with Anushka on this one.  Gavaskar was in the wrong bringing family into this.  There could be rare occasions to do it, but a viral video wasn't one.

Gavaskar himself has mentioned his wife Marshneil in his books.  Is that reason enough to call her out every time he makes a blooper on TV?  Or for anything else he does? 

53 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

I'm with Anushka on this one.  Gavaskar was in the wrong bringing family into this.  There could be rare occasions to do it, but a viral video wasn't one.

Gavaskar himself has mentioned his wife Marshneil in his books.  Is that reason enough to call her out every time he makes a blooper on TV?  Or for anything else he does? 

Here’s Anushka defending free speech of AIB roast humor...now is preaching all about feminism. Hypocrite.

6 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Here’s Anushka defending free speech of AIB roast humor...now is preaching all about feminism. Hypocrite.

I respect that opinion but believe it to be wrong.

I could argue that a roast is a different context, just as Diwali is different from Dussehra.  But I won't.

What I will say is that if I start comparing, there's no end.  You show me a  video I'll show some other link blaming someone else and there we go round and round in the never ending circle of whataboutery.

No, my argument is that is what Sunny said in itself regrettable.  Forget all else.  I believe so.

11 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

I respect that opinion but believe it to be wrong.

I could argue that a roast is a different context, just as Diwali is different from Dussehra.  But I won't.

What I will say is that if I start comparing, there's no end.  You show me a  video I'll show some other link blaming someone else and there we go round and round in the never ending circle of whataboutery.

No, my argument is that is what Sunny said in itself regrettable.  Forget all else.  I believe so.

My point is they could have followed their advice and could have told everybody to focus much more important things in the country as they put it. Instead, she chose to write a lambi essay schooling Mr. Gavaskar on public etiquette with some highly minted victim card waving and virtue signaling, that overacting draamebaaz she is.

24 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

My point is they could have followed their advice and could have told everybody to focus much more important things in the country as they put it. Instead, she chose to write a lambi essay schooling Mr. Gavaskar on public etiquette with some highly minted victim card waving and virtue signaling, that overacting draamebaaz she is.

It's a very valid point - actually a great point-  especially given how much hysteria there is.

I also wish she hadn't responded.  It was nothing major.

But she has and now here we are.  With differing opinions.

On 9/25/2020 at 7:35 PM, maniac said:

He wasn’t talking about his skill but his over sensitive and over the top behavior and reactions to stupid things.

he got riled by Kendrick Lamar (was that the name of the WI bowler? ) of all people. 

forget aussies the worst sledgers in the 90’s were kiwis. Today they look holier than though but I remember in the 99 series they even managed to break Dravid and Sachin lol.

If Kohli get riled up and he takes it on opposition. Ask MJ and Aussies bowlers like Faulkner. He would have loved to compete against Mcgrath and company.