Australia A vs India ¦ 2nd practice match! December 11! SYDNEY

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah and Shami are playing. 

Rahane is playing too.

Pujara and Ashwin played the last match.

Kohli rarely plays practice matches.

I don't think Rahul will play the first test.

Yes he should have played todays game but give his white ball form and struggles of other 3, I just cant see him kept out . You tell me which to you seems the most reliable opening pair given what we have a) Mayank/Gill b) Rahul/Mayank c) Rahul/Gill (dont see Shaw opening). I would go with b) but lets see how it goes on 17th.  

5 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

How can Rahul be dropped for one of Mayank/Shaw or Gill. Like others even his last red ball cricket was in mar '20. 

What has Rahul done to deserve a place ahead of Gill. Who is waiting for his first chance since a long time. 

Secondly Rahul will play at no. 4 from the second test, it makes no sense to ask him to open the innings in the first match. 

4 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Rahul's last red ball cricket was against Australia in 2018. Mayank is the only confirmed opener for now because of his performance in past two years.

Seems like KLR will not play the first test atleast going by the squad of practice game..  Manjrekar will be happy 

Just now, Adamant said:

What has Rahul done to deserve a place ahead of Gill. Who is waiting for his first chance since a long time. 

Secondly Rahul will play at no. 4 from the second test, it makes no sense to ask him to open the innings in the first match. 

Lets use your logic, why should Rahul bat at 4 from second test onwards given he hasnt done anything to deserve a place in test that too in an unfimiliar position ? Iyer i believe is backup incase Rohit cant join, let him make his debut at 4. 

23 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Looks like I missed the early Shaw and Gill show.  Just tuning in.

Did Shaw throw it away, or was it a genuine good delivery?  

Gap between bat and pad but it was a brilliant delivery, watch highlights. Front angle wont do justice, its the back angle where you see it really come in. 

Just now, sandeep said:

The procession continues.  

Shape of things to come.

I *ing hope not.

Don't you think Pujara should have played just for getting batting practice in the middle. He is our premier batsman & he will go into first test without much batting time