The past few weeks have been nothing short of a fairytale!

Barring that one blip, India is conquering this game.  New faces, new heroes, old horses with new tricks, new records being broken, but most of all, winning winning winning!  I've been following Indian cricket since the late 1970s.  Things from those days are etched in my memory.  1978 mauling in Pakistan softened by the emergence of Kapil Dev and the absolute brilliance of Gavaskar. 1981 Melbourne.  1982 - we were in Nandi Hills for a picnic when GRV hit his 222 in Kanpur, the radio glued to my ear. 1983 WC.  1985 WCC.  1987 Gavaskar retirement and the sadness I felt.  Then Sachin.  I missed most of the bleak '90s thanks to being in the US with little by way of telecast.  Then 2001 Eden revived my interest.  I did not think it could get any better, ever.  But these few months have surpassed all of that for me!  Being able to watch this Indian team - guys who could be my children scale greater and greater heights - has given me a brand new appreciation for the sport.  As I approach the other side of my existence, I realize that being a cricket fan has been one of the most important parts of who I am.  It's like I am 13 again, only better.  Better because while the I still feel the same elation of victory, I am also wise enough to brush aside the losses.  

And just to top it all, the bloody Pommies are whinging about t-shirts and pitches, the lyin' cheatin' Ozzies are just being themselves ("did he offer a shot, myte?"), but India is just winning!  It's just another frackin' day is paradise.  

PS:  Please save any negative stuff about Kohli's selections, behavior etc. for another thread :-).  

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

Gabba win is so so hard to top off..  Probably my favorite test win.  Man the high was unbelievable.  

This game I expected us to win & we have won so many games at home already. 

Just want to see Poms crying when we beat them in their own den.

Also we have scores to settle with kiwis..  It's long long time since we beat them in a ICC tourney. 

Its mostly the series win in Aus, that makes everything feel special. That entire month felt like a year in terms of memorable moments and happenings. Everyday something brilliant/bizarre happened, someone new stole our attention. Lows were extremely low which made the high point of the series feel even better. Overall that was the best cricket event I have followed in my life

Tbh this home series doesn't have same impact, at least for me. Its alright, I am glad we are winning but its not the same level of excitement. Today I was more interested to find out who gets the 5for Ashwin/Axar than match result as its already foregone conclusion. Hopefully next pinkball match is exciting

13 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Its mostly the series win in Aus, that makes everything feel special. That entire month felt like a year in terms of memorable moments and happenings. Everyday something brilliant/bizarre happened, someone new stole our attention. Lows were extremely low which made the high point of the series feel even better. Overall that was the best cricket event I have followed in my life

Tbh this home series doesn't have same impact, at least for me. Its alright, I am glad we are winning but its not the same level of excitement. Today I was more interested to find out who gets the 5for Ashwin/Axar than match result as its already foregone conclusion. Hopefully next pinkball match is exciting

I agree.  I feel the same, and one of the reasons is timing.  The Aus matches started at 7PM or so Eastern US time and I could fill my glass with bourbon and watch live through tea, sometimes the whole day.  It was electric.  Now, things start at 11PM and my ol' man bones can't take it anymore, especially workdays.  It takes the edge off.   

On 2/17/2021 at 1:37 AM, Lone Wolf said:

Gabba win is so so hard to top off..  Probably my favorite test win.  Man the high was unbelievable.  

This game I expected us to win & we have won so many games at home already. 

Just want to see Poms crying when we beat them in their own den.

Also we have scores to settle with kiwis..  It's long long time since we beat them in a ICC tourney. 

india alwasy pay back eventually. kiwis time will come very shortly. india kept underestimating them. once india takes them seriously, they will be put in place. This is not me being arrogant. its the truth. In tests, india never truly prepped well for an away tour in n.z 

On 2/17/2021 at 1:51 AM, Serpico said:

same i hope we win the series 2 -1 but even a 2 - 2 draw doesnt bother me. i couldnt care less about the WTC. its a rubbish format. All teams dont play each other. Can have an extra team just to compensate for the india vs pak game. Use a play off system to determine which team will occupy the last spot in the WTC and the team that fails to qualify will be utilized as a compensator for the india pak match which equates to free points for every team. 

On 2/16/2021 at 9:21 PM, Serpico said:

It will if we lose next test , then aussies are in final and they will beat NZ at lords. 

Aus series win, those 3 tests at MCG, SCG, Gabba will always be my most cherished memories as a cricket fan. No matter how many WCs, WT20s, marquee test series we win in the future Aus 2020-21 can't be topped, from the humiliation of 36 blowout to Pant's finishing 4 with injured Saini running like a madman, the GOAT cricket story for eternity. 

Most of us here are so lucky to have watched the whole series, so much went behind these images at the end

Image result for india australia 2021 border gavaskarImage result for india australia 2021 border gavaskar

Pujara taking body blows from Cummins and Hazlewood and yet showing resilience, I have never seen anything like that. Maybe Steve Waugh against Ambrose and Walsh in West Indies during the 1995 Jamaica test could match this, but I was too young to remember any cricket from that time.