Name your preferred Indian lineup for the WTC Final at Lords.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

1. Gill

2. Rohit

3. Pujara

4. Kohli

5. Pant .... LHB

6. Sundar ... LHB

7. Jadeja ... LHB

8. Shardul

9. Shami

10. Bumrah

11. Siraj

....  Batting till 8

.... 4 pacers

.... 2 fast bowlers and 2 swing bowlers

.... 2 spinners

.... 3 left handed batsmen.

This is actually a good line-up 

17 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Are we playing any warmup matches before the final?

Kiwis are playing a whole damn series against England. They would be fully battle hardened by that time. 

Internal warm up, India vs India A or something 

Should go with 3 pacers +2 Spinners, Jaddu over Akshar only because of Batting.

Pacers:- Dont pick Bhuvi even if performs In IPL, test match is altogether different thing, Shami and Bumrah should be automatic pick, Siraj/Ishant/Shardul will compete for 3rd place. Batting will be more or less same unless any of them get injured before the final during IPL.

Unfortunately Sundar-Akshar will have to sit out.

What an event that will be, Hopefully, we will play One or Two practice match before the Final.

Edited by Bigg Brother
2 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Pacers:- Dont pick Bhuvi even if performs In IPL, test match is altogether different thing, Shami and Bumrah should be automatic pick, Siraj/Ishant/Shardul will compete for 3rd place. Batting will be more or less same unless any of them get injured before the final during IPL.

Unfortunately Sundar-Akshar will have to sit out.

What an event that will be, Hopefully, we will play One or Two practice match before the Final.

No point taking Axar in england

7 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Are you forgetting the fielder that Jaddu is????

His run out of Smith is what helped win us the series v Australia. His catching is sublime.

What Axar gave us with the ball, Jaddu can and better.

JADDU IS NOT 3D, he has 4D, Bat, Bowl, Field and LHB all better than Axar.

1 hour ago, adi B said:

I will not pick shami in the team ,he is not made for English conditions at all.

3 fast bowlers will be Ishant ,Bumrah and Siraj (for his lethaloutswinger with the new ball) .

Gill might be a sitting duck in English conditions ,you can see that by his lack of foot movement ,but one thing he might be good at is late adjustment to swing and ability to attack.

Rohit is just a NOTA pick because other option will be shaw and Agarwal .

Tbh our batting order is very weak and there are no visible good backups .

Here's my team for now :

Gill 

Rohit

Pujara 

Kohli 

Klr/Vihari 

Pant

Jadeja

Ashwin/Pandya

Bumrah

Ishant

Siraj

At this stage, Sundar is a better bat than Vihari and KLR.  Other than that, good squad.   

IPL likely to end on May 30th. WTC final starts on 18th June. Players will need a week long isolation even if they move from IPL bubble to bubble for WTC.

May have to look at a shorter duration for the IPL to give the players a short break of a week or so. Can it end by 20th-22nd May?

The likely squad Kohli-Shastri will prefer-

Playing 11- Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Rohit, Rahane, Pant, Pandya, Ashwin, Bhuvi, Ishant, Bumrah

Bench: Rahul, Mayank, Saha, Jadeja, Shami, Siraj

Sundar and Shardul will get picked only if we go for a bigger pool. Will be so unfair on him. Played a huge role in two of the most critical wins (Gabba and this one) that got us into the WTC finals

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
52 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Does anyone have an idea whether Bhuvi can offer 70-80% of his peak level lately? Because I'd take even that percentage in Eng conditions, esp given his batting ability.

This I agree with. He is in the India T20 squad; hope he is fit for test cricket by the time the Eng tour comes, I would love to see him part of test XI

2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Correct.

I wouldnt have Kohli or Rahane in my current team, which means the Indian XI will be carrying several passengers for Lords.

For India to beat NZ, it will need a century from Hitman/Pant, I cant see anyone else delivering a century.

You cant win games like this.

Our bowling is ok, if they are injury free and get some form and fitness under their belt.

our bowling is the best in the world lol. its not ok. it has literally carried all these passengers. they deserve additional bonuses.