What is our best XI for ICC World T20?

It is getting harder to nail down the first XI with the newcomers Kishan and SKY performing. We pulled off the last game with just 4 bowlers and Pandya but I'm not sure we can get away with it every time.Iyer has shown he can play both the anchor and enforcer type roles,Pant must be accommodated for the X factor,Rohit and Kohli for their star power, all this leaves the TM with unenviable task of finding the right balance.

Rohit

Kishan

Kohli

SKY

Pant

Jadeja/Sundar

Pandya

Shardul

R.Chahar

Nattu

Bumrah

I would love to see fast bowling trio of Bhuvi,Bumrah and Nattu but Shardul offers some last minute runs that could be crucial.It might seem to be unfair to leave out one out of Jadeja and Sundar but it is the only way to find balance,both of these guys look to be proper batsmen than sloggers,in case of quick wickets it might be better to send them ahead of Pandya and even Pant.I hope RCB and CSK give them chances up the order so that it can be seen which among them is better suited for India.

Edited by GautiMaan

^ pretty good 11, I would have  big match winners like SKY-Pant-SDP at 4-5-6 (with flexibility) ... also a case for Tewatia, esp. if he does well in IPL, at #7 

Top Order: Kishan, Rohit & Kohli  ... KL and Samson are options too 

Middle Order (flexible batting order): SKY, Pant, SDP & Tewatia 

#8-9: 2 from Sundar, Jadeja, R Chahar, Varun C, Thakur, .Bhuvi, D Chahar, Saini, ... 

#10-11: Bumrah & Natarajan (if in form or could miss yorkers) 

Edited by zen

With youngsters performing I think BCCI will send string sides to lanka & Zim tour while main side in Eng for tests..  I think we still have time to finalize our Playing XI.  Squad won't see many changes. 

Ideally guys like Surya Kishan & Rahul Chahar should get at least 10 games before WC so that they get some sorta Int'l experience before WC.  Interesting times ahead

30 minutes ago, express bowling said:

A lot would depend on how players perform in IPL 2021.

Do you see anyone new breaking into the squad? Samad/Parag/Shahrukh all have potential but the players in the squad are proven performers having multiple successful IPLs in their belt.IMO we should form our plans based on this squad.

58 minutes ago, zen said:

^ pretty good 11, I would have  big match winners like SKY-Pant-SDP at 4-5-6 (with flexibility) ... also a case for Tewatia, esp. if he does well in IPL, at #7 

Top Order: Kishan, Rohit & Kohli  ... KL and Samson are options too 

Middle Order (flexible batting order): SKY, Pant, SDP & Tewatia 

#8-9: 2 from Sundar, Jadeja, R Chahar, Varun C, Thakur, .Bhuvi, D Chahar, Saini, ... 

#10-11: Bumrah & Natarajan (if in form or could miss yorkers) 

Tewatia can also be dropped from the squad and be replaced with someone like Mahipal Lomror if he has a poor IPL,if he can sustain last season's form then yes.

Edited by GautiMaan
25 minutes ago, GautiMaan said:

Do you see anyone new breaking into the squad? Samad/Parag/Shahrukh all have potential but the players in the squad are proven performers having multiple successful IPLs in their belt.IMO we should form our plans based on this squad.

Batting looks ok.

But we need a couple of new wicket taking bowlers.

Our current T20I squad does not have even a single true wicket taker ( in the absence of Bumrah )

In a matter of 10 days, KL Rahul is now not a part of many of our first XI. So, you know so many things are changing so drastically.

Btw, I will just add one thing - Jadeja has developed good hitting skills over last two years while Sundar doesn't have that.

Sundar is a better T20 bowler though.

35 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Bhuvi is still right up there and has shown it this series.  There is no way Thakur makes it ahead of him.  

Bhuvi is bowling well no argument there, but I think that the biggest challenge for our team will be to reach 180+ plus totals while still playing with six bowling options and Thakur for me is part of that equation at number 8.Bhuvi plays ahead of Nattu on current form.

15 minutes ago, GautiMaan said:

Bhuvi is bowling well no argument there, but I think that the biggest challenge for our team will be to reach 180+ plus totals while still playing with six bowling options and Thakur for me is part of that equation at number 8.Bhuvi plays ahead of Nattu on current form.

yeah its easy to get sucked into the 'paper' XI game of stacking the batting.  But you can't weaken the bowling beyond a certain point.  

Bhuvi in this series isn't even near his best yet - he hasn't played much cricket, and isn't bowling those yorkers that require a certain level of fitness, rhythm and confidence to execute - and still provided visible control and effectiveness.  

I mean, I'm definitely biased when it comes to Bhuvi, but that doesn't change the facts of the matter.

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

yeah its easy to get sucked into the 'paper' XI game of stacking the batting.  But you can't weaken the bowling beyond a certain point.  

Bhuvi in this series isn't even near his best yet - he hasn't played much cricket, and isn't bowling those yorkers that require a certain level of fitness, rhythm and confidence to execute - and still provided visible control and effectiveness.  

I mean, I'm definitely biased when it comes to Bhuvi, but that doesn't change the facts of the matter.

Its not just a theory to stack the batting, opposition is doing it by batting till 10, even in the last game Shardul's runs at 8 were crucial

Shaw/Kishan/Rahul

Rohit 

SKY

Kohli

Hardik

Pant 

Washi

Shardul

R Jadeja/Chahar

Natarajan/Bhuvi

Bumrah

Disappointed to see Rahul play such insipid cricket, far cry from 2018-19 batsmanship. He would have made my best XI but for his ordinary approach. Jadeja makes it to the XI purely on bowling, if he sucks as a bowler, he is replaced by Chahar. India shouldn't go for a leggie just for the sake of it.

Last night's match was a really great one for us. Virat should not forgo the agrresive approach even if they lose. This approach will win them more than they lose. Yesterday, India scored 185 without any significant contribution from Rahul/Rohit/Kohli/Hardik. This is massive & it was the just the right approach that made it possible. Even when India lost wickets, run scoring didn't stop primarily thanks to SKY & Iyer. Really looking forward to this world cup, with right personnel, India gonna be one of the most dangerous side in the competition.

Edited by SK_IH