Warning for Race-baiting, religion-baiting, ethnicity-baiting in the name of 'strong' opinions.

sandeep

This is a free forum, don't fling feces here.  

All of you are literate, and above a certain minimum age, and know exactly what is acceptable and what is not. 

Nobody has time to police the content so practice self-filtering.  When trash is found, the ****-flinger will be held accountable.  

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

This is a free forum, don't fling feces here.  

All of you are literate, and above a certain minimum age, and know exactly what is acceptable and what is not. 

Nobody has time to police the content so practice self-filtering.  When trash is found, the ****-flinger will be held accountable.  

Well said. I support your stance on this particular issue

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You should point to posts that had to be removed. Name names.

I temp-banned that Franco joker for a week.  

There was some other dude spouting ethnicity based trash in the match thread a few days ago, don't remember the poster, but was a guy who's been on ICF 10+ years - banned him for a couple of days too - only because there was a India game in 2 days, and I felt bad denying a fellow desi fan the chance to post and be part of match threads.  

Seriously, I mean, I don't want to be doing this, but somebody has to.  If that means I become the target for some of the "angry" folks, so be it.   

On 3/31/2021 at 9:31 PM, sandeep said:

I temp-banned that Franco joker for a week.  

There was some other dude spouting ethnicity based trash in the match thread a few days ago, don't remember the poster, but was a guy who's been on ICF 10+ years - banned him for a couple of days too - only because there was a India game in 2 days, and I felt bad denying a fellow desi fan the chance to post and be part of match threads.  

Seriously, I mean, I don't want to be doing this, but somebody has to.  If that means I become the target for some of the "angry" folks, so be it.   

I like your approach of being judicious. As a minimum start of with a warning and then ban for a short time. Most of the posters here are good and you dont want to lose them.

On 3/31/2021 at 9:01 PM, Trichromatic said:

ICF is primarily a cricket forum. Chit Chat is just an extra for members.

And adding to this - ICF is not a democratic republic or social media made for any type of comment.

Freedom to post anything isn't a right here. Site serves specific purpose.

There are other platforms for other purposes.

18 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

And adding to this - ICF is not a democratic republic or social media made for any type of comment.

Freedom to post anything isn't a right here. Site serves specific purpose.

There are other platforms for other purposes.

If that’s the case, better to close the Chit-Chat section  down. People will always post stuff that is offensive to somebody or other.

55 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

If that’s the case, better to close the Chit-Chat section  down. People will always post stuff that is offensive to somebody or other.

You can have a civil discourse even on controversial topics without mud slinging. Think of it this way. How would you talk or express you opinion if the other people are in the room with you? If you follow that guideline, I think you will be fine. 

If there is some topic you could not bring up in front of someone and only in front of your wife or a personal friend, may be you should just not bring it up. Participating in this forum is a privilege granted to us, it is not a right. 

1 hour ago, zen said:

Probably need a separate section for politics and related stuff! 

That idea was floated around.

A separate section for politics and religious discussion. But it effectively kills discussion in these two categories. It's as good as banning politics and religous discussion completely. 

9 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

That's not correct? 

LOL no. There is a lot of minority bashing, Pak bashing, transphobic and conspiracy theory. Whether it is deserved or not, is another matter, but these are there. I would say about 30% of the content is offensive to someone.

2 minutes ago, DeepSpace said:

LOL no. There is a lot of minority bashing, Pak bashing, transphobic and conspiracy theory. Whether it is deserved or not, is another matter, but these are there. I would say about 30% of the content is offensive to someone.

Then why are there hardly 2-5 reports per week? 

30 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Then why are there hardly 2-5 reports per week? 

Because most of  reports are not entertained most of the times, so posters start paying back on their own which leads to derogatory and offensive posts in most of the discussions 

32 minutes ago, Indwin said:

Because most of  reports are not entertained most of the times, so posters start paying back on their own which leads to derogatory and offensive posts in most of the discussions 

All reports are checked and cleared. Only thing is that we don't inform reporters. 

Also it may take a day or two, but if anyone is expecting instant action, then that's unfair expectation.