A closer look at Varun Chakravarthy’s carrom ball and the slider / back-spinner.

14 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Damn ... these guys have strong fingers, too.  So many elements in T20 cricket!  But these tricks will not work in test cricket where batsmen take less risks, just decide to block and wait for the bowler to bowl a bad ball or two or get tired.  

It needs a lot of practice to push the ball 22 yards away this way. 

Yes even the selectors know that and had given him a chance.. kohli wanted him since last November after last ipl as per sources.. hence got 2 opportunities.. in aus as well as England.. unfortunately his fitness is a stumbling block 

47 minutes ago, neel roy said:

If pitch starts turning even a bit he will be a nightmare to face. With Bumrah at back and 2 of Chahar/ jadeja/ Ashwin in middle and varun at top..the opponent team have to score in middle overs somehow.. tough ask .. if india messes it up It will be batsmens fault not bowlers..

bhuvi at top too

34 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

If we can't make good use of him in UAE, will be a wasted opportunity. But have no faith in Kohli's ability to use him properly. Can Dhoni help him being utilised better?

I have my fingers crossed..  Hopefully he has a disastrous IPl so we finally get rid of him.  His 2nd peak is never coming. 

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

If pitch starts turning even a bit he will be a nightmare to face. With Bumrah at back and 2 of Chahar/ jadeja/ Ashwin in middle and varun at top..the opponent team have to score in middle overs somehow.. tough ask .. if india messes it up It will be batsmens fault not bowlers..

Im sure Kohli will find a way to f**k it up for us.

23 hours ago, neel roy said:

If pitch is placid we will see Jaddu, R Chahar will be put under attack in most of the matches . Even Shami at the top will be attacked .

And Bhuvi will be target after initial spell .  

India will do well only if Bhuvi & R Chahar come really Good . Varun C & Bumrah are expected to be good .If they do excellent then we may be in  top 4 .

On 9/21/2021 at 7:57 AM, Lone Wolf said:

I have my fingers crossed..  Hopefully he has a disastrous IPl so we finally get rid of him.  His 2nd peak is never coming. 

What a pathetic person you are wishing someone does not perform and has a "disasterous IPL" - you should be ashamed of yourself for wishing bad on someone.

Would you have liked it if someone did the same to you?

It must be great fun being friend of yours with your constant negativity and ill will on others.

It is easy being an arm chair critic. Let that guy prove himself in the biggest stage and if he fails in the T20 WC it's ok. It's much better to take risks and lose than to get old players like Dhawan back into the side.

We already failed in all T20 WC's since the initial 2007 T20 WC. In that we had Dhoni give chances to a young Rohit Sharma and many of the stars you see today.

It's funny I remember this forum was hating on Ravindra Jadeja and Rohit Sharma same way - but magically all is forgotten once they perform. This is why captaincy should never be given to fickle fans.