Kane Williamson proves class still has a place in T20 format.

Global.Baba

What a player. Every year gets dropped because he doesn’t fit the T20 narrative but time and again keeps his team in the hunt or puts them over the line.

Has done this for Nzl as well as SRH time and time again.

Todays knock was a masterclass despite being on the losing side.

A true role model player.

Just now, Global.Baba said:

@Ankit_sharma03 and @zen would be opening threads to drop him from all formats :phehe: because he isn’t a flashy player with “swag”

i think the last time we had a conversation i told him he is the most underrated t20 batsman and u said Joe root is better then him.....chacha chawanprash khaya karo 

One of the greatest batsman of all-time.

In 2018, Sunrises Hyderabad reached finals even in the absence of David Warner because of one man. He scored 700+ runs and took SRH to IPL finals. A very good T20 player but with his street smartness of batting and his clutch ability, he is hands down right up there with the greatest batter of all-time.

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i think the last time we had a conversation i told him he is the most underrated t20 batsman and u said Joe root is better then him.....chacha chawanprash khaya karo 

Joe Root is still better than him in power hitting and 360 game play. As far as class is concerned he is not too far behind either.

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he has started deciding our opinions as well .....next time we shud make a thread and leave huge lines blank for him to fill up since he knows us so well 

He has created many IDs where he talks to himself so maybe he can manufacture our points as well  :lol:

In T20s, if KW is in better form, play him. If a Bairstow, Gayle, etc.  are in good form too, not many are going to pick KW over them if given a choice 

Edited by zen

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he has started deciding our opinions as well .....next time we shud make a thread and leave huge lines blank for him to fill up since he knows us so well 

your previous post while praising KW is still downplaying  root. That exactly proves my point. Class is class. Root would have excelled especially in these kind of games as well. Behind KW in mental strength but still a class player and also does have a modern game. 

That is exactly what I am saying. Class is class yaar.

Edited by Global.Baba

Both Root and KW are class players, Williamson has played some brilliant knocks for NZ, SRH and Northen knights (happened to be NZ's entry in the dead champions league). Shame that Steven Smith gets to play consistently for his respective franchise while this guy finds it hard to get into team sometimes.

Both him & Joe Root are quite underrated players...  Root infact has whole arsenal of reverse sweeps & scoops.  I'll take both of them over Kohli & Smith right now easily.  Coz they find ways to score against every type of bowling.  Kohli struggles against spin while Smith has his limitations. 

26 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

your previous post while praising KW is still downplaying  root. That exactly proves my point. Class is class. Root would have excelled especially in these kind of games as well. Behind KW in mental strength but still a class player and also does have a modern game. 

Im not downplaying root, kw volume is more. Root isnt even making to england or any IPL side. Ok england side has tough contest and IPL sides dnt have eye...but how shud i knw till i see his performances. KW has done it throughout on diff pitches diff situations. 

30 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

It alone wnt help u, these days every format need certain skills. Cummins has class but hasnt been that effective as bowler in t20 coz u need different. Ppl look for either black or white answer whereas it isnt that easy. Cricket is a situation, condition and format oriented game. Their are very very few in world who have great command in all format. I can only think of kohli, bumrah who are equally among top in all formats. U think anderson or broad doesnt have class but they struggled with white ball cricket

Smith is the weakest LOI batsmen of the fab 4. 

Kohli probably the strongest(until recent failures) in normal matches, but unproven in knockouts.

Williamson is the best in tough conditions and in knockouts.

Root is in between.

56 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

itne acc baneyga to yahi hoga

Ab kya baba bolta wo maniac ko yaad nahin rehta , jo maniac bolta hai wo baba bhul jata hai 

Let's not forget his 3rd account Sage. Idk if he is trying to be funny or something! It's so lame

On 4/26/2021 at 1:09 AM, I6MTW said:

Smith is the weakest LOI batsmen of the fab 4. 

Kohli probably the strongest(until recent failures) in normal matches, but unproven in knockouts.

Williamson is the best in tough conditions and in knockouts.

Root is in between.

Hasn't shown anything to prove that.