Kohli - shastri PC , kohli discussing plans for NZ without realising they were live

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Is shami being referred as lala ?

Yes, Looks like Shami will play and  if the pitch is on the flatter side(like the one in the current nz vs eng match) then it will be a good call. 

Edited by Adamant

I have listened to the full press conference and didnt like it a bit. Too much arrogance from Virat, something I have not witnessed in any Indian captain before. Yes he is a top cricketer but guroor ka nasha bahut zyada ho gaya hai. Someone should remind him, he did not win the test series in Australia...it was Rahane who did it. The only test we played under his captaincy we lost with shocking 36 all out. Even dropped the 1st test against Eng at home and then BCCI needed to tamper the pitches to win the remaining games.

Under Kohli we have not won any ICC event, no test series wins in SENA apart from against weak Aust in 2018.

We won the Asia cup 2018 under Rohit and under Dhoni in 2016. Kohli captained us in 2014 version where we did not even reach the finals :hysterical:

High time he needs to humble down a bit as he has no achievement yet as a captain. He looks totally disinterested in the press conference today with  dont care attitude. 

47 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Yes, Looks like Shami will play and  if the pitch is on the flatter side(like the one in the current nz vs eng match) then it will be a good call. 

Will play Siraj ahead of Shami. Shami always struggles in first innings overseas and you will lose most of such games when your main bowler struggle to pick wickets in the first innings.

38 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I have listened to the full press conference and didnt like it a bit. Too much arrogance from Virat, something I have not witnessed in any Indian captain before. Yes he is a top cricketer but guroor ka nasha bahut zyada ho gaya hai. Someone should remind him, he did not win the test series in Australia...it was Rahane who did it. The only test we played under his captaincy we lost with shocking 36 all out. Even dropped the 1st test against Eng at home and then BCCI needed to tamper the pitches to win the remaining games.

Under Kohli we have not won any ICC event, no test series wins in SENA apart from against weak Aust in 2018.

We won the Asia cup 2018 under Rohit and under Dhoni in 2016. Kohli captained us in 2014 version where we did not even reach the finals :hysterical:

High time he needs to humble down a bit as he has no achievement yet as a captain. He looks totally disinterested in the press conference today with  dont care attitude. 

Yeah I especially didn't like the way he said that Team has nothing to prove..  As if he is content with what he has.   Similar thoughts were echoed after a World cup Semi exit..  His PR & media on BCCI payroll sold that campaign as a successful one...  When in reality that was a bigger disaster than 2015..  Where we went in as underdogs & still managed to reach semis. 

14 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

But he clearly said Siraj too.  Either he is planning to drop Ishant for Shami which can be suicidal in England. 

We are reading too much into this. Who knows what he actually meant here. 

I don't think they are going to drop Ishant. They have persisted with him even when he was utter trash and now he is world class. 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yeah I especially didn't like the way he said that Team has nothing to prove..  As if he is content with what he has.   Similar thoughts were echoed after a World cup Semi exit..  His PR & media on BCCI payroll sold that campaign as a successful one...  When in reality that was a bigger disaster than 2015..  Where we went in as underdogs & still managed to reach semis. 

Reverse the bowling lineups of 2019 and 2015 and we would have won the 2015 undefeated with all 90 wickets.  We did take 70 out of 70 wickets in the first 7 matches. 

Kaptaan Clown someway or the other will botch chances offered him on a platter(to feature in ICC knockouts),he will make foolish decisions based on his ego or IQ,

Im quite sure what he is upto with this core ,the very same set of guys despite facing so many hurdles beat a strong Australia in Australia

25 minutes ago, Adamant said:

One thing is for sure, If India wins the trophy Kohli will definitely be hailed as the greatest asian captain of all time and his legacy as a great captain will be secured. 

That will be a sad day on ICF

he is a great captain. Not tactically brilliant but he laid the foundation for our devastating pace attack. Credit to him. 

However, he is very rigid and biased when it comes to selection. Thats the issue. he deserves to win the WTC. india were number 1 for 5 years now. 

I hope he beats englund after as well. 

7 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Also the best T20 international series since wt20 2016 the Nidhas trophy was won by Rohit Sharma and DK played clutch knock in final which dhoni couldnt even do against Zimbabwe c grade team.