What is your opinion of the origins of CoviD-19?

BacktoCricaddict

My origin opinion is  

26 members have voted

1. 1. My origin opinion is

• Natural. No lab involved
    • Wuhan lab engineered virus to gain money and power.
    • Fauci collaborated with Wuhan lab to engineer virus to gain money and power
    • Wuhan lab was studying viruses of bat origin and negligently leaked the virus due to bad biosafety
    • Other or undecided

The lab-leak theory has gained traction.  One mistake people make is to equate "lab-leak" with "engineered virus." They are not the same thing.  The poll separates the two possibilities.  

What do you think is the most likely scenario for the origin of SARS Cov2 - the virus that causes Covid19?

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

5 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I am 70-30 between choice 4 and choice 1.  Molecular data show that the virus is not engineered.  But it could easily have leaked from a careless lab.  

You can only study something that exists. If it is the case, then where did they get the virus from to begin the study? The only bats that have this virus are in the lab in Woh han.  

On 6/19/2021 at 6:04 PM, BacktoCricaddict said:

I am 70-30 between choice 4 and choice 1.  Molecular data show that the virus is not engineered.  But it could easily have leaked from a careless lab.  

That's what my gut tells me, and the way the CCP has conducted itself after only strengthens that gut feeling.

Not many people here will remember how the CCP propaganda machine unleashed multiple "viral" videos of random Chinese folks eating bat soup in late 2019, right around the time the virus first started wreaking havoc in Wuhan.  

The CCP polices 'trends' and information on sites like Weibo (Chinese twitter) etc very, very strictly.  Why on earth would they not only allow, but use their propaganda resources to amplify video clips that perpetuate dirty stereotypes about Chinese food habits?  Could it be that they wanted to leverage those stereotypes and perceptions of food and "wet markets" leading to the outbreak? 

4 hours ago, Clarke said:

What the article (conveniently?) forgot to mention is that the unmodified original SARS CoV-2 strain resulted in 100% mortality in mice.  In other words, they created a strain that is safer for mice. :-)

So, not only is it click-bait, but is also deliberately misleading. 

But I agree in principle that engineering SARS CoV2 in the lab should be put on moratorium for a while, perhaps forever.  There is no way to tell how a particular modification may go until the experiment is complete, and all it takes is for a leak or one unscrupulous person to cause worldwide tragedy - and given that there is enough smoke that the original strain leaked from WIV should be enough reason to can this kind of work. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2022/10/18/new-lab-made-covid-19-coronavirus-at-boston-university-raises-questions/?sh=181b066c2a4f

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

2 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

What the article (conveniently?) forgot to mention is that the unmodified original SARS CoV-2 strain resulted in 100% mortality in mice.  In other words, they created a strain that is safer for mice. :-)

So, not only is it click-bait, but is also deliberately misleading. 

But I agree in principle that engineering SARS CoV2 in the lab should be put on moratorium for a while, perhaps forever.  There is no way to tell how a particular modification may go until the experiment is complete, and all it takes is for a leak or one unscrupulous person to cause worldwide tragedy - and given that there is enough smoke that the original strain leaked from WIV should be enough reason to can this kind of work. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2022/10/18/new-lab-made-covid-19-coronavirus-at-boston-university-raises-questions/?sh=181b066c2a4f

I had the same question (mortality of original strain in mice) pop up once in the head, didn't bother to look it up, TFS. 

42 minutes ago, Clarke said:

I had the same question (mortality of original strain in mice) pop up once in the head, didn't bother to look it up, TFS. 

This is why I have a problem with journos who cherry-pick information to push a viewpoint.  Clearly, the intent was to fear-monger with the "80% of mice died" minus proper context. 

It reminds me of a paper from 2012 regarding an herbicide's effect on rats.  They published pictures of rats that were treated with the herbicide and developed all kinds of tumors.  What they failed to note was that these particular rat-strains were prone to developing tumors at a certain age and, most importantly, failed to provide data for control groups (rats not treated with herbicide).  No context. Nothing to compare.  No denominator.  Classic base-rate fallacy. 

Next thing you know, the herbicide is declared a carcinogen by some UN-affiliated carcinogen committee (IARC - which also classifies coffee as a probable carcinogen), all kinds of lawsuits led by scientology idiots, worldwide bans and villainization of "chemicals." 

My current option will be

Chinese did it in a lab.  There is circumstantial and some other evidence to it. And thats as far as you can go investigating it.

All other option have no evidence to support despite Chinese Government backing those options