Kyle Jamieson - Second fastest to five 5-fers in Test cricket

47 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

If he stays Injury free NZ will wreck teams at home & In South Africa England.  He will enjoy Australia as well provided he doesn't gets meek at the mere sight of Aussies. 

Absolute monster otherwise  

Aussies will keep beating kiwis forever.

16 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Meh.. he is enjoing conditions. If the pitches will be flat or hard and not swinging he will get thrashing of his life. Only if he was 85-90 mph he could have been devastating.

Anderson with 135 kph bowling did win England a test in Chennai & also bowled well in 2012.  If Jamieson masters the art of reverse swing he can be dangerous too. 

His extra height will always come handy.  Though I don't think he has any idea of reversing the ball yet. 

29 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Meh.. he is enjoing conditions. If the pitches will be flat or hard and not swinging he will get thrashing of his life. Only if he was 85-90 mph he could have been devastating.

Auakat will be tested in Asia and australia. Also in s Africa. 

I still don't see it going well for him in these places but he is very skilful. So let's see. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Anderson with 135 kph bowling did win England a test in Chennai & also bowled well in 2012.  If Jamieson masters the art of reverse swing he can be dangerous too. 

His extra height will always come handy.  Though I don't think he has any idea of reversing the ball yet. 

Yes it may or may not. But right now success what he is riding on is primarily based on condition. In recently concluded eng series also he was not that effective. Let him visit India and Australia for once we will know his true worth. Axar patel has thrashed english single handadly in India, you give him spinning track every day and he will break all the bowling chart record. 

30 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Yes it may or may not. But right now success what he is riding on is primarily based on condition. In recently concluded eng series also he was not that effective. Let him visit India and Australia for once we will know his true worth. Axar patel has thrashed english single handadly in India, you give him spinning track every day and he will break all the bowling chart record. 

Hazelwood majority of the time bowls with similar pace maybe 1-2 kph quicker but gets loads of bounce & seam movement.  So KJ doing well in Australia is not that far fetched. 

I think Subcontinent will be a litmus test for him & only best of the best have managed to crack the code.  Rabada for all his pace hasn't been that good in India though he did bowl well in Pakistan in patches on spinning tracks. 

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Hazelwood majority of the time bowls with similar pace maybe 1-2 kph quicker but gets loads of bounce & seam movement.  So KJ doing well in Australia is not that far fetched. 

I think Subcontinent will be a litmus test for him & only best of the best have managed to crack the code.  Rabada for all his pace hasn't been that good in India though he did bowl well in Pakistan in patches on spinning tracks. 

Hazlewood is comfortably much quicker than Kyle Jamieson and not by just 2 km/hr.

Hazlewood averages at 136-137 km/hr, and in short spells has also reached as high as 147 km/hr.

I don't think he is as great as his stats. Indian batting has been too timid in their approach against him, they seems to have put more onus on survival than scoring runs. You have to attack him , we have no idea how he will respond to pressure. Attack does not mean blind slogging,

Edited by putrevus
1 hour ago, MechEng said:

Hazlewood is comfortably much quicker than Kyle Jamieson and not by just 2 km/hr.

Hazlewood averages at 136-137 km/hr, and in short spells has also reached as high as 147 km/hr.

Hazelwood is a much better bowler than Jamieson.

Jamieson given his batting and bowling combined may be the better cricketer.

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

I don't think he is as great as his stats. Indian batting has been too timid in their approach against him, they seems to have put more onus on survival than scoring runs. You have to attack him , we have no idea how he will respond to pressure. Attack does not mean blind slogging,

He isnt. Indian batsmen are just useless under kohli.