Tokyo 2020 Paralympics: Record 19 medals thus far!!!! Amazing

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Land of Karna, Arjun, Ekalavya and so underwhelming in archery. I mean this sport is culturally embedded in our country/society/psyche.....like Fencing in France or Judo for Japs. 

The sooner India gets out of this Deepika antanu whatever his name is orbit the better. Really unprofessional duo. 

19 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Land of Karna, Arjun, Ekalavya and so underwhelming in archery. I mean this sport is culturally embedded in our country/society/psyche.....like Fencing in France or Judo for Japs. 

Koreans have always been top draw when it comes to Archery since early medieval period.  Their battle formations were designed this way to beat the numerical superiority of invading Japs... 

India actually don't have a proud history coming back to Archery...  We have always been close combat kinda guys.  So DNA thing is probably wrong. 

If Ancient logic applied then Sri lanka would have produced a world beater in Archery courtesy Meghnada:dance:

Edited by Lone Wolf
8 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Koreans have always been top draw when it comes to Archery since early medieval period.  Their battle formations were designed this way to beat the numerical superiority of invading Japs... 

India actually don't have a proud history coming back to Archery...  We have always been close combat kinda guys.  So DNA thing is probably wrong. 

If Ancient logic applied then Sri lanka would have produced a world beater in Archery courtesy Meghnada:dance:

Its to do with their terrain as well. Mostly mountains. No real flatlands.

7 hours ago, SujitPrakash said:

Have to laugh at India 1.3 billion people and even a small country like Australia with 25 million people smashes it on the world stage, forget Australia even NZ does well on the world stage.

You are also part of 1.3 billion. Sivaey 1.3 billion k part honey k aalwa kya ukahde ho, forget world level even muhalla level. No need to laugh or be ashamed off, had it been cricket I would have agreed ,most of these athletes lack basic resources and get attention only when the loose some medal during Olympic. 

Edited by raki05
1 minute ago, G_B_ said:

Its to do with their terrain as well. Mostly mountains. No real flatlands.

Yep ideal for ambush..  Tbh any fencing medal contenders from India?   Many Indian kids I have seen participating in Int'l Junior level fencing tournaments & doing well.  

Tough tough match tomorrow against the Aussies (#1 ranked), 15:00 IST.  Do watch the game if you are free (Sunday hai), will give insights about our practical chances since for medal (even bronze) we need to go through at least one of Aus, Bel, Neth, Ger in KOs.

Will keep close eye on our forwards, today's performance is ok to get to  QF but not enough to challenge medal contenders. Drag flicks can't always be a resort against the top teams, very hard to get PC, forget conversion. 

1 minute ago, MultiB48 said:

Indians never won any historical battles based on archery,in Europe English longbow men were highly rated and defeated the French atristocratic cavalry at the battle of crecy.Among horse archers, central asians from the scythians to the Turko Mongols were the best in the world.

Yep Ghori won the battle of Tarain on the back of Turkish horse Archers who were battle trained from their early age.  Western Europeans learned the art a little late & finally countered them by further advancing this art. 

Nothing beats Koreans though. 

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

Sorry, just can't support the shooters,too boring to watch .Even herath was more active than this.What next ,medals for staring at a wall.

I was tagged on this thread, so I'll troll around for a while :p:. I share your sentiments. Can't bring myself to watch any of the Olympic events. Maybe only the opening ceremony.

That said, I support all our athletes :isalute:

11 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I was tagged on this thread, so I'll troll around for a while :p:. I share your sentiments. Can't bring myself to watch any of the Olympic events. Maybe only the opening ceremony.

That said, I support all our athletes :isalute:

Maybe watch artistic swimming, may have a few Bollywood/Indian music beats.

You familiar with the song?

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Manipur with 2.7 million pop, often neglected by Delhi, surely much worse sports infra compared to metros, Haryana, Punjab etc. 

Gives us Mary Kom, Mirabai Chanu, Kunjarani Devi, Sarita Devi, Dingko Singh. Respect :isalute:

Massive untapped sporting potential in our NE. 

I was thinking the same

GoI needs to push more there in terms of olympic sports. 

More than punjab haryana so called industrial states like maha (my state) tn kar and guj need to buck up.

Medal output from these supposed progressive states has been pathetic. 

Speaking of maharashtra, is there even a single athlete from the state who is either a medal contender or forms significant part of a medal winning team? @Gollum

Or are we going to fall back on jadhav who we as a state did fudge all to support?

25 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

Speaking of maharashtra, is there even a single athlete from the state who is either a medal contender or forms significant part of a medal winning team? @Gollum

Or are we going to fall back on jadhav who we as a state did fudge all to support?

Chirag Shetty, one half of the Shetty-Rankireddy doubles badminton pair. He is the best shot from Mah though it is a long shot, pair has potential (like we saw today) but draw hasn't been kind to them at all. Hope the tough draw spurs them on to greatness.

You have a couple of shooters in Tejaswini Sawant (40 yo!!!!) and Rahi Sarnobat. Not seen as medal contenders but you never know, clutchness is so underrated in this discipline. Both are highly experienced, so that may come into play if they make it to the final. Fingers crossed. Still remember Vijay Kumar who came from nowhere and won silver in the 2012 London Games, in 25m rapid fire pistol. Who saw that coming? After that feat he disappeared into oblivion. When it comes to shooting it is common to see lower ranked shooters somehow make it to the final and then start bossing there. 

Otherwise no name stands out from your state. A pity, Maharashtra has rich wrestling tradition, sad to see absence of participation there, all Haryana this time. 

Edited by Gollum

@Trichromatic that thread is locked, hence replying here. 

If you feel like you can merge but in that case could you please bring both to Cricket Talk which is seeing more activity? And please keep the buildup content before contents of this thread since it covered qualification events from mid-2019. Lot of that info will be outdated/wrong, often misleading and could lead to confusion if added after contents of this thread. 

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@Trichromatic that thread is locked, hence replying here. 

If you feel like you can merge but in that case could you please bring both to Cricket Talk which is seeing more activity? And please keep the buildup content before contents of this thread since it covered qualification events from mid-2019. Lot of that info will be outdated/wrong, often misleading and could lead to confusion if added after contents of this thread. 

Ok will keep both threads separate. 

22 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I watched Deepika today , I don't think I have even seen Dhoni that calm and in control. Let's see how she does in individual round.

Tomorrow Manu will win a medal.

She fluffed her last two arrows in qualifying. If she had even hit 9 she would have been 6th and would have faced the 3rd ranked in qrtrs who she has beaten before. Bad luck

7 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Ok will keep both threads separate. 

Sure. You can even unpin that thread and let it die a death. Purpose of that thread is served. Everything henceforth will be shared on this thread. 

Anyway your call bro. 

Edited by Gollum