Is it Time to Stop Considering Hardik Pandya as an All-Rounder?

Can Hardik still be classified as all-rounder?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Can Hardik still be classified as all-rounder?

1 minute ago, Khota said:

Let me put it this way, even Kohli will most likely fail the fitness criteria.

Baseball players do not have the stamina to bowl all day in cricket nor do they have the stamina to bat all day. It's a whole different ball game. 

Baseball is a Ped infested sport. 

Fast bowlers are some of the fittest athletes in the world. Need to be a proper athlete to compete at the top level. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Baseball players do not have the stamina to bowl all day in cricket nor do they have the stamina to bat all day. It's a whole different ball game. 

Baseball is a Ped infested sport. 

Fast bowlers are some of the fittest athletes in the world. Need to be a proper athlete to compete at the top level. 

I dont have bandwidth for your ignorance.

41 minutes ago, Khota said:

I dont have bandwidth for your ignorance.

Just further reinforces my argument that cricket is a tougher sport. This is exactly what someone who has never played a day of competitive sport in their life would say. 

Edited by Jay
16 hours ago, Jay said:

Just further reinforces my argument that cricket is a tougher sport. This is exactly what someone who has never played a day of competitive sport in their life would say. 

Cricket is certainly a tougher and more complicated game than most of the other sports and that is why it's so difficult to master. Reason countries find it very difficult create competitive teams. Cricket has 190+ associate and affiliate teams but most of them aren't good enough to compete at the top level. So people saying only 10 teams play cricket is rubbish. There are 190 plus countries but it takes a lot to make a competitive cricket team.

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Haven't seen Robin Singh play.

How about Balaji? The bowler who could hit a quick fire 20-30 at a canter. Worthy of a mention as an AR?

Robin was the only guy worthy of being called an all rounder in the 90s when we were still yearning for a kapil-lite. Limited player but maximized every bit of the talent he had and was an excellent fielder.

Balaji only played 1 innings like that, not enough to put him even in the bits and pieces category.

9 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

Robin was the only guy worthy of being called an all rounder in the 90s when we were still yearning for a kapil-lite. Limited player but maximized every bit of the talent he had and was an excellent fielder.

Balaji only played 1 innings like that, not enough to put him even in the bits and pieces category.

Are we talking about the same person?

The Balaji I'm talking about is lanky, and always smiled. Even when his bowling was tonked around.

There was an entire series vs Pakistan where he came in as a part of the tail and scored a handful of useful runs by the way of boundaries in every match. So much so that the Pakistani crowd used to chant

" Balaji zara dheere chalo..." mimicking the Yana Gupta item number. 

Great player and great sport.

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

Are we talking about the same person?

The Balaji I'm talking about is lanky, and always smiled. Even when his bowling was tonked around.

There was an entire series vs Pakistan where he came in as a part of the tail and scored a handful of useful runs by the way of boundaries in every match. So much so that the Pakistani crowd used to chant

he didn't always smile,it looked that way as he had dentures

9 hours ago, Mariyam said:

yes yes i know. he ended up winning the heart of their most supreme Jernail at that time too.

8 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

yes yes i know. he ended up winning the heart of their most supreme Jernail at that time too.

As did MSD! Musharaf commented on his hair style! 

How many cricketers can boast of that? 

The head of state of a rival nation appreciating your hair do!

That was a fun series. Sachin Sehwag Balaji Dhoni and Irfan all played so well.

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

As did MSD! Musharaf commented on his hair style! 

How many cricketers can boast of that? 

The head of state of a rival nation appreciating your hair do!

That was a fun series. Sachin Sehwag Balaji Dhoni and Irfan all played so well.

yes, it was an enjoyable series. I think it was roughly this period when Ind were chasing scores in ODIs for fun. with an ODI order of SRT, Sehwag, Dravid, Yuvi, MSD, and Raina, they kept pulling it off over and over.

On 9/1/2021 at 10:07 AM, rkt.india said:

Cricket is certainly a tougher and more complicated game than most of the other sports and that is why it's so difficult to master. Reason countries find it very difficult create competitive teams. Cricket has 190+ associate and affiliate teams but most of them aren't good enough to compete at the top level. So people saying only 10 teams play cricket is rubbish. There are 190 plus countries but it takes a lot to make a competitive cricket team.

Its mostly becauee of financial and interest/culture rasons otherwise all those couhtries willl 100% compete. 

Your argument has zero logic, the very fact that a country like india,  where sports werent even given attention from childhood and had no wealth could compete in the 90s is proof that cricket is the easiest of sports. Cricket was the only sports we competed in 

A poor country, disinterested in sports, which got thrashed in every sports suddenly mastered the most complex and difficult sport? You dont see the contradiction in your statement?

Countriss which grew up on on fast games like soccer will never like test cricket or even other forms of cricket just like indians will find baseball ir basketball boring

You are confusing lack of interest with difficulty. Those 190+ associate teams play with same interest as indias basketball teams play. Basically some random people with free time playing it and no one else interested. Should i claim basketball and baseball are very complex sports which is why we cannot compete?

There is ZERO proof cricket is more demanding or tougher in anyway, in fact cricket has some of the most pampered sportsmen in the world 

The small fact that cricket is only played in English colonies should give you a clue about why those 10 nations have "mastered" and no one else has 

Edited by New guy
6 hours ago, New guy said:

Its mostly becauee of financial and interest/culture rasons otherwise all those couhtries willl 100% compete. 

Your argument has zero logic, the very fact that a country like india,  where sports werent even given attention from childhood and had no wealth could compete in the 90s is proof that cricket is the easiest of sports. Cricket was the only sports we competed in 

A poor country, disinterested in sports, which got thrashed in every sports suddenly mastered the most complex and difficult sport? You dont see the contradiction in your statement?

Countriss which grew up on on fast games like soccer will never like test cricket or even other forms of cricket just like indians will find baseball ir basketball boring

You are confusing lack of interest with difficulty. Those 190+ associate teams play with same interest as indias basketball teams play. Basically some random people with free time playing it and no one else interested. Should i claim basketball and baseball are very complex sports which is why we cannot compete?

There is ZERO proof cricket is more demanding or tougher in anyway, in fact cricket has some of the most pampered sportsmen in the world 

The small fact that cricket is only played in English colonies should give you a clue about why those 10 nations have "mastered" and no one else has 

Guy like Ranatunga can play a game like cricket lol

10 hours ago, New guy said:

We are playing cricket much before independence and it took us decades to become decent at it. We didn't start playing cricket in the 90s. Regarding British colonies, US, China, Canada were British colonies too. 

I didnt say cricket is more demanding. It's more complicated and difficult to master. Look at us even with that money and infrastructure, number of players, we aren't able to dominate cricket. We don't dominate any sport.

Edited by rkt.india