India men's hockey team wins bronze medal in Tokyo Olympics 2020

25 minutes ago, Number said:

The Indians have got a better record against the Belgians in their last 5 matches. The 'Men in the Blue' have registered 4 wins in the last 5 matches against Belgium.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/hockey/india-vs-belgium-olympic-hockey-semi-finals-head-head-record-rankings

Did Belgium play 2nd string team ?

Partially, but not the complete picture.

Viren Rasquinha mentioned that this Bel side (their golden generation) doesn't care about minor tournaments, series etc. They look to peak in big events like WC, Olympics and plan their preparations in such a way that they reach their highest playing level and fitness in the big events.  He mentioned some European tournament this year where Belgium was playing very bad, and suddenly once Olympics started they look like favorites. The earlier failures weren't because they were a bad side, but because they were at a different stage of preparation and didn't bother about results. Same thing happening in 3 major tournaments (Rio, WC, Tokyo), I think Viren was spot on. 

Edited by Gollum
8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Partially, but not the complete picture.

Viren Rasquinha mentioned that this Bel side (their golden generation) doesn't care about minor tournaments, series etc. They look to peak in big events like WC, Olympics and plan their preparations in such a way that they reach their highest playing level and fitness in the big events.  He mentioned some European tournament this year where Belgium was playing very bad, and suddenly once Olympics started they look like favorites. The earlier failures weren't because they were a bad side, but because they were at a different stage of preparation and didn't bother about results. Same thing happening in 3 major tournaments (Rio, WC, Tokyo), I think Viren was spot on. 

I think we were at much ease today barring some grinding in 3rd qtr.

While Belgium had to fight really hard.

Can give some advantage in terms of freshness on Tuesday ?

13 minutes ago, Number said:

I think we were at much ease today barring some grinding in 3rd qtr.

While Belgium had to fight really hard.

Can give some advantage in terms of freshness on Tuesday ?

Didn't watch the Belgium game, so can't say. 

One full day rest tomorrow, both sides will be fresh.