Olympics Wrestling

Gollum

45 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Poor given the way he is wrestling

The guy is injured, can barely put any pressure on his heavily strapped right knee. This has slowed down his movement and reflexes. Strong opponents have spotted it and are attacking that knee.

Seeing so many posts talking about his poor play but not even mentioning this injury.

2 hours ago, sarchasm said:

From what I have seen so far, India contingent competed across a range of sport and come close too but falter at the last stages. What I am saying is, with a final push across the whole system, India could easily have a top 20 finish.

Wrestling, badminton, shooting, archery, weightlifting, boxing, hockey, and few other niche sports like shot put, javelin could deliver if these sports maintain a visible profile among public.

N/A del

Edited by MechEng
8 minutes ago, MechEng said:

See this is the thing. We would be forcing Indian public to watch these sports so that athletes gain confidence to achieve the gold medal.

US gets so many medals, but none of the olympic athletes come close to the fame of MLB, NBA and NFL stars, or as a matter of fact even WWE.

Expecting people to watch sports they're not interested in so that winning a medal becomes a possibility is an unhealthy obsession.

you don’t have to watch every event. I am sure no one watched even Usain Bolt and Phelps outside of the Olympics. However you need such icons to ensure you keep churning out top level athletes.

Saina and Sindhu have given rise to a badminton academy in every nook and corner in Andhra and Telangana and I am sure now in the other parts of the country. There is enough corporate sponsorship and money. I don’t think how much TRP rating a sport gets shouldn’t really matter.

IPl and cricket matches involving india, NASCAR racing, UFC,F1 racing,  NFL have huge following in terms of rating but they are not Olympic sports.

Fund and sponsor these athletes and cheer for them during Olympics or in an important  event like World Cup (badminton,hockey etc) and everyone should be fine. No need to be guilt into watching something forcefully.

Edited by maniac
5 hours ago, neel roy said:

Anyone what are the chances for Bajrang in bronze play offs.. 

not much. the kazakh wrestler beaten by the azerbaijani who beat bajrang is a tough cookie. He came back from 2-11 to 21-11 in his 1/8 finals and won by technical superiority. also bajrang is having some niggle. i dont think bajrang has a shot at the bronze :((

34 minutes ago, maniac said:

you don’t have to watch every event. I am sure no one watched even Usain Bolt and Phelps outside of the Olympics. However you need such icons to ensure you keep churning out top level athletes.

Saina and Sindhu have given rise to a badminton academy in every nook and corner in Andhra and Telangana and I am sure now in the other parts of the country. There is enough corporate sponsorship and money. I don’t think how much TRP rating a sport gets shouldn’t really matter.

IPl and cricket matches involving india, NASCAR racing, UFC,F1 racing,  NFL have huge following in terms of rating but they are not Olympic sports.

Fund and sponsor these athletes and cheer for them during Olympics or in an important  event like World Cup (badminton,hockey etc) and everyone should be fine. No need to be guilt into watching something forcefully.

What's with the cat fights?

Saina doesn't congratulate Sindhu and she acknowledges it specifically to the press

Saina and Jwala Gutta fight in public.

They are acting like poyzz from our neighborhood!

Tokyo Games: Deepak Punia's Coach Murad Gaidarov's Accreditation Cancelled By IOC

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) cancelled the accreditation of Deepak Punia's coach Murad Gaidarov after he "yelled" at a referee after the wrestler's game in the ongoing Tokyo Games. Speaking to ANI, Indian Olympic Association (IOA) Secretary-General Rajeev Mehta confirmed that there was a complaint made against the coach and they have got the email from IOC about his accreditation termination. "After the bout, Deepak's coach yelled at the referee. A complaint was filed into the international body, later the international body wrote to IOC and now IOC has taken action against him," Rajeev Mehta said.