Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Jadeja

Thakur

Umesh

Ishant

Bhumrah

If Ishant not fit then Shami. If both not fit then Siraj continues.

No other NEW player, who hasn’t played in this series will come in the last match playing XI.

Thats how Team India goes about it’s business… no matter how much you discuss about various possibilities, it will happen the way it’s mentioned above.

2 hours ago, AuxiliA said:

LOL we haven't won the series yet. England will prepare a green pitch which can produce result even in 3 days. 

Rahane MUST be dropped. 

Sadly, no point in playing Ashwin now as he lacks match practice with the bat. 

Bumrah is a must. This is an extremely imp. test. He can rest later. 

Shami in place of Siraj. 

Rohit

Rahul

Pujara

Kohli

Vihari/Mayank

Jadeja

Pant

Thakur

Umesh

Shami

Bumrah

All very valid points.

14 minutes ago, asterix said:

This will be the actual lineup…

Rohit

KL

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Jadeja

Thakur

Umesh

Ishant

Bhumrah

No other NEW player, who hasn’t played in this series will come in the last match playing XI.

Thats how Team India goes about it’s business… no matter how much you discuss about various possibilities, it will happen the way it’s mentioned above.

Am I still able to fantasize about what the line up could be or does Kohli and TM like to just f**k with my dreams of the perfect Test team to take on England in the 5th Test?

You are correct, with the win in the 4th, Kohli will feel vindicated with every decision he made.

25 minutes ago, asterix said:

This will be the actual lineup…

Rohit

KL

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Jadeja

Thakur

Umesh

Ishant

Bhumrah

This.

5 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Unfortunately Kohli and TM do not appreciate valid points and sensible arguments.

The way Team India works is, “once in the group, we will watch your back”. This goes for all “senior” players. So if you are dreaming/hoping for Rahane to go, I’m sorry it won’t happen. He’s lots resoect and backers in the team. His exploits in Australia as stand in captain has ensured that he won’t be dropped abruptly. All he’s to do it to stay fit. Not even injure his fingers while dropping catches…

Fir players like Ashwin these rules don’t apply as he must’ve said something (being a knowledgeable free thinker) or suggested something which the Team Management & Captain doesn’t likes or see him as a potential threat. Hence he’s been sidelined and given a message to fall in line…

Unfortunately India will never have the best captain who’s above groupism and politics. That player is Rohit. If he’d been the captain, nothing this sort happened.

4 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Dont underestimate the power of 36 and 78?

India has proven it has the ability to lose a game comfortably inside 3 days.

True. One 36 like session and even weather won’t help! :lol:

Another of India’s issue is complacency. I hope the euphoria of this win does not lead of that thinking weather will bail them out.

5 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

jasprit needs rest and ajinkya is out of form, so thats good selection. seems pradh and hanuma will play, shammi could replace siraj. rest same team.

Based on this they will go

Hitman

KL

Pujara

Kohli

Vihari

Pant

Jaddu

Thakur

Shami

Umesh

Prasidh

Personally I would have gone:

Hitman

KL

Pujara

Kohli

Vihari

Pant

Ashwin

Thakur

Shami

Umesh

Prasidh

I think Jaddu for Ash would catch the Poms off guard and given Jaddu's lack of penetration to get wickets this series, rolling the dice with Ash is not a gamble at all.