The players didn't want to play.

goose

England agreed on such loose covid protocol arrangement,  scheduled the tour dates very close to IPL , couldn't clamp down on that clown Jarvo, all these are logical and acceptable points wrt the fact that they invited Covid danger with Open arms. 

India should/Already have a solid case ,also the precedent set by the English Board by quitting the SA tour in the middle helps india's cause further .

But as a causal Cricket fan ,just reverse the situation with England going away from India with a lead of 2-1 ,what would our reactions be? And would we put these logical points in support of English Team in that case?

All said and done ,If the test result settles at 2-2 ,Bcci should put ECB on a stern test and cut off Immediate tours in the next away cycles and reduce the later tours to England to just 2 tests .

I think this saga might end on a sour note between the boards (Not for a long term) but a medium term say 2-3 years 

It’s anything goes in England at the moment, for everyone except Indian cricketers, who are apparently bound to higher standards by their obligation to what, exactly, the ECB’s bottom line and our entertainment? India have been on tour here for four months now, and have been subjected to similar sorts of stresses and pressures that led the England team to cancel their own tour of South Africa last year. In that case it was a pair of hotel workers who tested positive, in this one it was a physio, who had face-to-face contact with the players while he has been treating them in the last few days. And since those matches were postponed, and not forfeited, you would think it should be the same this time, especially since the game is already being rescheduled. Unless the ECB really want to maintain that it should be one rule for them and another for everyone else.

Which would be difficult, given that they are, of course, currently in the middle of their own negotiations with Cricket Australia about whether they can persuade the Australian government to show a little flexibility with the rules to help protect the mental health of their own players during the Ashes tour this winter. If you really want to know who to be angry at for all this, it’s not the players, it’s not the coaches, for once, it’s not the administrators. It’s the virus. And shouting about it doesn’t seem to make much difference.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/sep/10/england-india-cricket-test-blame-game

13 minutes ago, maniac said:

I am assuming you don’t get too many mails or messages. Also it’s scary you still remember that. I thought I crossed a line with a couple of posts , apologized and moved on but you still talk about it. Do you have printouts of it in a locker somewhere ? It’s creepy.

Constantly hurling dishonest strawmen at me, is how you "move on"?  

If you don't like being called out on it, don't do it.  This isn't difficult.  First you falsely accused me of "colonial etc etc", then this hypothetical trash of "if this had happened, Sandeep would have done xyz".  I mean whats creepy is how pathetically desperate your fantasies get, and then 'laugh' at your own 'jokes'.  Whatever floats your boat.  I dont care.

6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Constantly hurling dishonest strawmen at me, is how you "move on"?  

If you don't like being called out on it, don't do it.  This isn't difficult.  First you falsely accused me of "colonial etc etc", then this hypothetical trash of "if this had happened, Sandeep would have done xyz".  I mean whats creepy is how pathetically desperate your fantasies get, and then 'laugh' at your own 'jokes'.  Whatever floats your boat.  I dont care.

called out on what you moron?. You have brought up one communication I sent you and that too years ago where I said apologies for crossing a line and you milk  that whenever you can’t debate properly.  It’s in fact getting into uncomfortable territory now every time you bring that up every other day . I have personally received apologies in the past when someone was rude to me and I did the same. It happens in private. People move on.What is this chew “straw man” word  you keep using out of context every other post. Is it your word of the day from rapidex English speaking book?

Beech me piles start kicking in or what? You seemed ok till now.

Edited by maniac
8 minutes ago, maniac said:

called out on what you moron?. You have brought up one communication I sent you and that too years ago where I said apologies for crossing a line and you milk  that whenever you can’t debate properly.  It’s in fact getting into uncomfortable territory now every time you bring that up every other day . I have personally received apologies in the past when someone was rude to me and I did the same. It happens in private. People move on.What is this chew “straw man” word  you keep using out of context every other post. Is it your word of the day from rapidex English speaking book?

Beech me piles start kicking in or what? You seemed ok till now.

desperate name-calling - check.

chaddis in a twist - check.

projecting - check.

Chal hatt.

36 minutes ago, adi B said:

All said and done ,If the test result settles at 2-2 ,Bcci should put ECB on a stern test and cut off Immediate tours in the next away cycles and reduce the later tours to England to just 2 tests .

I think this saga might end on a sour note between the boards (Not for a long term) but a medium term say 2-3 years 

No way BCCI would allow 2-2 but you never know. Strange things have happened before. 

29 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

I am pretty sure most of the players , if asked in person, would've wished to pay the test..

Most probably one or two seniors decided it on behalf of all players..

Anyway, those players who are in contact with physio may have been isolated and not played the test, whereas other players would've got a chance. 

BCCI should first ban players taking their families on tours every where during these Covid times. HOLIDAY CHAL RAHA HAIN KYA? Then you make excuses of family and children in danger of covid. It was not a long tour. Sala whenever there’s a tour of England or Dubai, whole family goes for a fun tour even in these Covid times.

These family wala players get influenced by the family. Wife nagging all day, tell BCCI to call off. Let’s go to Dubai. I’m getting bored here. We’ll do lots of shopping in Dubai. Here I can’t even go out. Go tell all the players to tell BCCI to call off the tour (remember, BCCI can hire external Physios too if required) All those stuff…

4AAE859B-24FA-4FF7-B322-90B944907D43.jpeg

Edited by asterix
4 hours ago, maniac said:

let me ask you this. In Srilanka half our team was isolated. We had to put together scraps to play in the last 2 games. We lost to Srilanka D. We know the circumstances under which we lost but still it counts as a loss in the records book for us and a win for Srilanka. Is that unfair?

How is this situation drastically different?

Now I understand Indian teams concern obviously. The situation is there for all to see but why can’t England say this isn’t our problem?

I am not taking sides or playing the devils advocate here  here but a genuine question.

Because England have already set the precedent in South Africa.

42 minutes ago, asterix said:

BCCI should first ban players taking their families on tours every where during these Covid times. HOLIDAY CHAL RAHA HAIN KYA? Then you make excuses of family and children in danger of covid. It was not a long tour. Sala whenever there’s a tour of England or Dubai, whole family goes for a fun tour even in these Covid times.

These family wala players get influenced by the family. Wife nagging all day, tell BCCI to call off. Let’s go to Dubai. I’m getting bored here. We’ll do lots of shopping in Dubai. Here I can’t even go out. Go tell all the players to tell BCCI to call off the tour (remember, BCCI can hire external Physios too if required) All those stuff…

UAE IPL will have a much more strict bio bubble. No shopping shooping allowed:fear1:

3 hours ago, maniac said:

How are they putting their families at risk then they have been tested negative and so have the opposition  :confused:?

Am I missing something here?

You are missing that players still have chance to turn positive mid test. Shastri was positive on 5 September. Physio turned positive on 9. It's positive players who had close contacts with physio could turn position in 2-3 days time.

Edited by rkt.india
1 hour ago, urbestfriend said:

I am pretty sure most of the players , if asked in person, would've wished to pay the test..

Most probably one or two seniors decided it on behalf of all players..

Anyway, those players who are in contact with physio may have been isolated and not played the test, whereas other players would've got a chance. 

All fast bowlers except Prasidh, Rohit, Pujara, Jadeja close contacts seemingly.

Edited by rkt.india
59 minutes ago, asterix said:

Players are there since June, now it's September. It wasn't a long tour?