Jump to content
goose

The players didn't want to play.

Recommended Posts

To add, it is very easy for us to get annoyed about missing out on a box office test match.  But none of us are putting ourselves in their shoes, and evaluating the risks - personal, to family, all the rest of it.  

 

If your employer asked you to constantly go above and beyond what's required, for months and months on end, and then a situation develops where you have a choice to either take bigger risks to personal health, maybe personal finances, "for the greater good" - how many of us would be lining up to "sacrifice"?  

 

At what point do you consider the human aspect of things?

 

I mean, I'm irritated AF - woke up at 5.30 am after going to bed at 2, just so I wouldn't miss a minute of this test.  But blaming the players, especially Indian players, is the ECB propaganda line, being echoed by a home media contingent that is all too willing to go along with it.  

 

 

Link to post
14 minutes ago, sandeep said:

To add, it is very easy for us to get annoyed about missing out on a box office test match.  But none of us are putting ourselves in their shoes, and evaluating the risks - personal, to family, all the rest of it.  

 

If your employer asked you to constantly go above and beyond what's required, for months and months on end, and then a situation develops where you have a choice to either take bigger risks to personal health, maybe personal finances, "for the greater good" - how many of us would be lining up to "sacrifice"?  

 

At what point do you consider the human aspect of things?

 

I mean, I'm irritated AF - woke up at 5.30 am after going to bed at 2, just so I wouldn't miss a minute of this test.  But blaming the players, especially Indian players, is the ECB propaganda line, being echoed by a home media contingent that is all too willing to go along with it.  

 

 

Absolutely. Also remember we have freaking played 4 tests with them. Then 1 wtc. Been there from may. What the hell people are shouting about we let them down. If this would have happened before test 1 ecb would be begging us not threatening forfeiture.. 

Link to post

ECB, the English media, and all the India haters are going to gleefully pile on to the 'hate BCCI power ruining cricket' bandwagon.  Last thing we need is to support that bigoted propaganda, simply because we are annoyed at missing out on watching a great game of cricket.  

 

ECB was pre-warned by BCCI that they are taking a big risk scheduling this last test so close to the IPL and T20 WC, but they dug their heels in.  The BCCI or Indian players most definitely do not have any obligations to bend over backwards at personal risk, simply for the "greater good".  

 

Indian players are not their servants, nor some cash cow to be milked.  

Link to post
17 minutes ago, sandeep said:

ECB was pre-warned by BCCI that they are taking a big risk scheduling this last test so close to the IPL and T20 WC, but they dug their heels in.  The BCCI or Indian players most definitely do not have any obligations to bend over backwards at personal risk, simply for the "greater good". 

 

i agree with you. but not sure about above bit, it undermines your stance a tad

Link to post
21 minutes ago, goose said:

 

i agree with you. but not sure about above bit, it undermines your stance a tad

 

It all boils down to choice - why is it incumbent on Indian players to take personal risk - health or financial, when the COVID protocols clearly empower them to choose? 

 

I don't care about optics or how its perceived - I'm not in the business of putting out PR - I'm just sharing my perspective.  

 

Put it this way, if the tables were turned do you think ECB or England players would ever hesitate prioritizing personal safety, for a hot second?  

Link to post
16 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Chris Broad will decide the scoreline, so 2-2 then. Laanat on these pampered brats. 

wait what?  

 

If they dare to try this, that's a lawsuit waiting to happen.  BCCI can afford the lawyer fees.  In this day and age, they cannot penalize players or a team, for choosing to prioritize player safety.  

 

The only thing that will achieve if Broad or whoever does it, is egg on their faces.

Link to post
1 minute ago, sandeep said:

wait what?  

 

If they dare to try this, that's a lawsuit waiting to happen.  BCCI can afford the lawyer fees.  In this day and age, they cannot penalize players or a team, for choosing to prioritize player safety.  

 

The only thing that will achieve if Broad or whoever does it, is egg on their faces.

Apparently that is what the rulebook says. Match ref will have the final say.

 

We could have waited for 2 days and sensed the mood, possible ECB moves etc. We showed our cards too early. Doubt the BCCI gadhas even knew who takes the forfeiture call. 

Link to post
7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

wait what?  

 

If they dare to try this, that's a lawsuit waiting to happen.  BCCI can afford the lawyer fees.  In this day and age, they cannot penalize players or a team, for choosing to prioritize player safety.  

 

The only thing that will achieve if Broad or whoever does it, is egg on their faces.


wont happen. They themselves have set the precedent by leaving south africa tour and saf were not declared winners..

Link to post

While England is looking for an easy way out, it is foolish to play the victim here. When you are in the middle of the tournament, you don’t go to this pointless events. Do you see book ceremonies and parties during the Olympics?

 

You can’t keep putting yourself in this situation and blame others.

 

In Srilanka, we got to a point where even Rahul Dravid would have been forced to take the field, we barely put together a team. Should we blame Srilanka for that or ask for that win record to be eliminated?

 

It is what it is.

 

They are humans they need a break, sounds way too convenient. They are high profile athletes with billions of $ at stake riding on them, so it becomes the responsibility of themselves and the people around them to ensure maximum security.

 

England can have any relaxed rules in their country, when you are visiting its your responsibility to stay out of maximum trouble.

Link to post
17 minutes ago, sandeep said:

wait what?  

 

If they dare to try this, that's a lawsuit waiting to happen.  BCCI can afford the lawyer fees.  In this day and age, they cannot penalize players or a team, for choosing to prioritize player safety.  

 

The only thing that will achieve if Broad or whoever does it, is egg on their faces.


let me ask you this. In Srilanka half our team was isolated. We had to put together scraps to play in the last 2 games. We lost to Srilanka D. We know the circumstances under which we lost but still it counts as a loss in the records book for us and a win for Srilanka. Is that unfair?

 

How is this situation drastically different?

 

Now I understand Indian teams concern obviously. The situation is there for all to see but why can’t England say this isn’t our problem?

 

I am not taking sides or playing the devils advocate here  here but a genuine question.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...