What should be the BCCI response in case Manchester test is awarded to England by forfeit resulting in 2-2 series result?

Gollum

Just now, Gollum said:

At least with SC appointed clowns the excuse was that BCCI was weak, hence ECB could manage to destroy us in the boardroom.

Now no such excuse.

Well the ECB has already managed to 're-structure' the ICC voting powers so that it has a degree of control, at least for few years.  Votes for Ireland, Netherlands, "ICC admin", and women's cricket - all of these are controlled by ECB.  

Technically ECB is in violation of ICC interference rules already, when they illegally vetoed BCCI attempts to schedule a short T20 series to be played in Ireland - a series that would have earned mega-$$$ for Ireland's cricket board, but that board is literally at ECB financial mercy so was not allowed to host.  

Regardless of what Chris Broad, or ICC decides, any such ruling is open to appeal, and lawsuits if necessary.  And BCCI can afford the legal fees.  

No organization can penalize an employee, or person, for prioritizing COVID related safety ahead of employment or "sport" obligations.  That will not fly.  And the ICC knows that.  Doing such a thing will mean poking the BCCI bear, and the ICC knows that too. 

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Well the ECB has already managed to 're-structure' the ICC voting powers so that it has a degree of control, at least for few years.  Votes for Ireland, Netherlands, "ICC admin", and women's cricket - all of these are controlled by ECB.  

Technically ECB is in violation of ICC interference rules already, when they illegally vetoed BCCI attempts to schedule a short T20 series to be played in Ireland - a series that would have earned mega-$$$ for Ireland's cricket board, but that board is literally at ECB financial mercy so was not allowed to host.  

Regardless of what Chris Broad, or ICC decides, any such ruling is open to appeal, and lawsuits if necessary.  And BCCI can afford the legal fees.  

No organization can penalize an employee, or person, for prioritizing COVID related safety ahead of employment or "sport" obligations.  That will not fly.  And the ICC knows that.  Doing such a thing will mean poking the BCCI bear, and the ICC knows that too. 

Hope you are right. I can sense some mischief by Chris 'Loki' Broad. 

And I am sick and tired of BCCI getting outplayed by ECB so often when we really should be bossing the sport's administration part. At times I feel BCCI power is just a myth, too overrated especially against ECB+CA. 

I don't follow the admin/politics/governance part as closely as you, but this is the general picture I get. We seem to get bullied a lot yet are demonized as monsters. ECB is too cunning. 

A lot depends on the medical advice available and behind the scenes discussions. Also depends on the agreement before the series in case of a covid outbreak in any of the teams

Were our players really not keen to play or was it the advice of BCCI medical team to cancel? if later, there is no case, and it cannot be forfeiture. But If former, we have a weaker case, but can still be spun around to argue about mental health of the players.

Hopefully, ECB and BCCI will be mature enough not to make this into a flashpoint and sour relations.

At BCCI's end, the entire TM has to be sacked right away (including the coaches, captain, admin manager and medical team). Do a thorough investigation and ban the culprits from any BCCI team responsibilities in the future.

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

At times I feel BCCI power is just a myth, too overrated especially against ECB+CA. 

I don't follow the admin/politics/governance part as closely as you, but this is the general picture I get. We seem to get bullied a lot yet are demonized as monsters. ECB is too cunning. 

Manohar was Mir Jaffer to the exponential 'n'.  And empowered the ECB to lock in its clutches on the ICC while the BCCI was headless and rudderless.  Indian cricket will pay the price for this and the ramifications will last a decade.  It is what it is now.  

But even in spite of this, the BCCI still has powerful leverage on international cricket.  There's only so many battles that the ICC or even ECB can pick with BCCI.  

I expect BCCI to offer some compensatory earnings to offset ECB losses here, and all will be well.  The ECB may try to use the 'forfeit' threat to strengthen its negotiating hand, but that's about it.  

The way I expect ECB to play it, is to pressure Gangu into giving a very generous offer in terms of the 'rescheduled' series, maybe even try to make Indian players play the 'hundred' - latter is 99.9% not going to happen, so that they can withdraw their 'forfeit' demand for the WTC and present a mutually accepted 'cancel' status for T5.  

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Hope you are right. I can sense some mischief by Chris 'Loki' Broad. 

And I am sick and tired of BCCI getting outplayed by ECB so often when we really should be bossing the sport's administration part. At times I feel BCCI power is just a myth, too overrated especially against ECB+CA

Primarily because the SC Lords have refused to cede their control. First they destroyed BCCI power through the pupper show they ran through the COA. Since then, for months they have not decided whether Ganguly and Jay Shah can continue in their positions without the cooling off period.

Also, Ganguly's poor health hasn't helped much. Jay Shah is a rookie with Amit Shah runny the show from behind the scenes but the ICC manipulations are not Shah's forte.

For us to have the power back, we need the new age Dalmiyas, Lalit Modis and Srinis (without the corruption taint) in BCCI setup.

18 minutes ago, sandeep said:

+1. Also ECB can not eff laws of its own land which currently is to self isolate and get tested if you have come in contact with Covid positive. ECB has not much of case

5 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

For us to have the power back, we need the new age Dalmiyas, Lalit Modis and Srinis (without the corruption taint) in BCCI setup.

none such exist.  And that's a big problem.  BCCI needs to have an administrative core that's well equipped to exercise and defend Indian interests at the ICC, independent of all these political "secretaries" who are presiding over the different BCCI fiefdoms.  My hunch is that Shah/Gangu are already trying to set that up, but it will take a few years to get to an effective setup.

4 minutes ago, mishra said:

+1. Also ECB can not eff laws of its own land which currently is to self isolate and get tested if you have come in contact with Covid positive. ECB has not much of case

Of course, but ultimately even BCCI doesn't want this to escalate to the point of lawsuits and all that mess.  So that strengthens ECB's hand a bit.  The unwritten rule of bilateral tours is that touring teams and boards do have the obligation to try and fulfill their end, thats a quid pro quo that India have relied on in the past, with the England team carrying on with a tour even with terrorism events taking place in India.  So at the ECB-BCCI level, in spite of player rights and legal conditions, BCCI has something to "make up" to the ECB.  That's why Gangu is flying out there to fix it.  

2 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Nothing, it's our fault totally, Shastri is on his way out anyways, he wouldn't give two hoots. There is not even single positive case in the English camp, whilst our guys were on the lose. We lacked discipline in the fag end of the tour and if this results in forfeiture we shouldn't complaint. 

nonsense.  Absolute nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Nothing, it's our fault totally, Shastri is on his way out anyways, he wouldn't give two hoots. There is not even single positive case in the English camp, whilst our guys were on the lose. We lacked discipline in the fag end of the tour and if this results in forfeiture we shouldn't complaint. 

Wrong. This is why they delayed test series schedule and our players had to take holiday of nearly amonth

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/sportstar.thehindu.com/cricket/seven-members-of-england-mens-odi-team-test-positive-for-covid-19-ben-stokes-captain-county-delta-variant/article35164131.ece/amp/

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

It would be fair result. England players were ready to play but we werent

If England were visiting India and our staff had got covid, we would get players and still play like England put up B team against Pakistan. Home team has this ability but visting team doesn’t 

3 minutes ago, mishra said:

Comeon let's be fair here, it wasn't bang in the middle of the series, let's shift camp for a moment here and see, had the English cricketers been the culprit here, you guys would be crying out loud for England to forfeit, not that I recommend that we should forfeit the test, I don't think even the English fans would want that, I am sure both BCCI and ECB will work out to small window to conclude this series next year, but as a fan I won't complaint if we have to forfeit this test as our Guys were indisciplined and they let it lose at the end. 

1 minute ago, mishra said:

If England were visiting India and our staff had got covid, we would get players and still play like England put up B team against Pakistan. Home team has this ability but visting team doesn’t 

but there has been nothing in England camp so far