What should be the BCCI response in case Manchester test is awarded to England by forfeit resulting in 2-2 series result?

Gollum

4 minutes ago, goose said:

the ECB were very naughty putting out the forfeit statement then retracting it minutes later. the seed is planted. anything that remotely works in india's favour from here will be seen as india flexing it's financial muscle and a ECB cowtowing

They are very adept at playing the double-speak game - even their statements of being 'sympathetic' to the Indian players, is pushing their propaganda line.

Just now, sarchasm said:

When ECB and later CA shafted the CSA, did they care for being thought of as a bully? Are they in any position to paint BCCI as a bully?

Doesn't matter.  "BCCI bad"   "IPL greed".  

And you will even have brown lemmings ready to embrace the propaganda out of virtue-signaling or personal feelings, rushing to declare that "Indian management messed up"

14 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

There's nothing to agree or disagree. The matches were played with masses of maskless fans many of whom freely mingled with players - this is the arrangement ECB made for this series. They had no problems with jarvo streaking in on the ground. What exactly is there to disagree about? Are you seriously going to dwell on the book launch when the players are playing matches in conditions with a MILLION of virus vectors across 5 days?

Think, ffs.

That was the same case for test 1,2,3,4

The only thing that changed here is the Indian team management that sits in the dugout and  has minimum kind of interaction with those maskless fans who are sick.

Neither the English team or the current Indian players. As far as I know all of them tested negative as of yesterday.

52 minutes ago, mishra said:

+1. Also ECB can not eff laws of its own land which currently is to self isolate and get tested if you have come in contact with Covid positive. ECB has not much of case

That's not quite true. Since the 16th of Aug, if you are double vaxed and test negative, you do not have to self isolate even if a close contact. If positive then you do for 10 days.

27 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Too much of an ego there, we have already cut ties with Pak, you want BCCI to literally cut ties with England because Shastri and Kohli werent following the basic Covid guidelines and went out for some random Books Opening ceremony. 

It is not a matter of ego.

You don't understand how arm twisting boards like the ECB work. 

Give them an inch and they would try to get a kilometre.

Any perceived show of weakness, on the negotiating table with the ECB, will have bad repercussions on Indian cricket in the near future.

Edited by express bowling
8 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Just like ECB managed to "disappear' the security video tapes when Anderson assaulted Jadeja - in front of Dhoni's eyes, I would absolutely not be surprised if ECB staff or players positive tests are suppressed from the media in the name of "health privacy laws".  

I do not think its accurate to draw conclusions on what we know - because we simply do not know all the facts of the matter.  ECB's Chief Executive was at the same event that Shastri was.  

Are you saying England were ready to play even having Covid positives in their camp?

1 minute ago, maniac said:

As far as I know all of them tested negative as of yesterday.

If your child has to go see a Doctor tomorrow, and you know that that doctor's co-worker has covid as of a couple days ago, but so far, the doctor has tested negative, will you take your child to see the doctor for a routine visit? Or will you choose to re-schedule your visit to a week or 10 days later, and after confirming that the doctor is clear? 

Why on earth is a presumably educated person, putting so much weight on a "negative" covid test, in such a scenario?  I mean, come on.  This is basic.

Just now, sarchasm said:

You are definitely missing something.

If ECB - who control the playing conditions - hold the matches in conditions where players are very likely to catch Covid, why would BCCI/India suffer for it? What is so hard for you to comprehend here? BCCI refused to field a team because ECB couldn't secure the safety of players by allowing maskless crowds and streakers and staff and had them mingle without any care. Is that BCCI's fault?

BCCI should be bringing a lawsuit against ECB for being incompetent and putting lives under risk.

so why didnt they complain of the playing conditions from day 1 or even when Jarvo streaked?

Clearly BCCI and Indian TM was satisfied with the arrangements.

ECB had initially tweeted that India forfeited the match and later retracted as BCCI agreed to play a one-off series next year. if this series is considered a 4 match series, we will be declared winners 2-1

India vs England 5th Test cancelled, ECB retracts statement saying India 'forfeit match'

Read more

https://www.deccanherald.com/sports/cricket/india-vs-england-5th-test-cancelled-ecb-retracts-statement-saying-india-forfeit-match-1028970.html

1 minute ago, Lord said:

Are you saying England were ready to play even having Covid positives in their camp?

No, I'm saying nothing of the sort.  

I'm saying that media reports are a PR game, that are stage-managed, and the information we have access to, is by no means the full picture.  So it is important not to make presumptions and start putting blame.

1 minute ago, Lord said:

so why didnt they complain of the playing conditions from day 1 or even when Jarvo streaked?

Clearly BCCI and Indian TM was satisfied with the arrangements.

Of course they were, but the risks assessment changes significantly once the physio contracts covid.  Have you ever had physiotherapy or a massage done?

Just now, sandeep said:

Of course they were, but the risks assessment changes significantly once the physio contracts covid.  Have you ever had physiotherapy or a massage done?

I'm talking of the BCCI bringing lawsuit perspective.

The conditions haven't changed from first Test AFAIK.

1 minute ago, goose said:

but he was giving Arun and Sridhar multi-hour massages?

goosy, why are you messing with me unnecessarily?  you know that the coaches sit cheek-by-jowl throughout the test match and after hours right?  

Sometimes I get the feeling like you create these threads to just gather supporting info and arguments that you can distill and use, elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

You are definitely missing something.

If ECB - who control the playing conditions - hold the matches in conditions where players are very likely to catch Covid, why would BCCI/India suffer for it? What is so hard for you to comprehend here? BCCI refused to field a team because ECB couldn't secure the safety of players by allowing maskless crowds and streakers and staff and had them mingle without any care. Is that BCCI's fault?

BCCI should be bringing a lawsuit against ECB for being incompetent and putting lives under risk.

Delusion, Rubbish !!