Captain Amrinder asked to resign

coffee_rules

3 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Religion in Punjab isn't always so clear cut. With a lot of the population it is hard to tell if they are Hindu or Sikh, especially in the huge dalit community who are the biggest group after Jatt Sikhs.

And a prime target for religious conversion by Christian evangelists in Punjab. So many Jasvinders have become Josephs 

Edited by coffee_rules

51 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Maybe I am new to the priveleged victim game. But can a Dalit leader accused of sexual assault be pardoned because of years of oppression he had suffered. 

#MeToo gayi tel lene, Abhi to Jai Bheem, Jai Meem or Jai Khalsa. Hindutva is Nazi Germany

#MeToo shadow over Punjab CM-designate Charanjit Singh Channi

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/national/north-and-central/metoo-shadow-over-punjab-cm-designate-charanjit-singh-channi-1032134.html

Edited by coffee_rules

Just now, coffee_rules said:

#MeToo gayi tel lene, Abhi to Jai Bheem, Jai Meem or Jai Khalso. Hindutva is Nazi Germany

#MeToo shadow over Punjab CM-designate Charanjit Singh Channi

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/national/north-and-central/metoo-shadow-over-punjab-cm-designate-charanjit-singh-channi-1032134.html

@speedheat You have found your man to man to heat feku 

34 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Maybe I am new to the priveleged victim game. But can a Dalit leader accused of sexual assault be pardoned because of years of oppression he had suffered. 

He’s a Dalit but he has converted to Christianity… now watch the religious conversions in Punjab accelerate 

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

And a prime target for religious conversion by Christian evangelists in Punjab. So many Jasvinders have become Josephs 

I dont know why they do this. They have their own 'sect' of Sikhism called Ravidassia in which Ravidas is given as equal importance as the Sikh Gurus if not more. They should just stick to that.

Even if they convert they will still be seen as dalits.

Edited by Ranvir

2 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Oh wow. I must say.  I am learning. Today I learnt Sikh can be Dalit. But apparently he can be Christian too. 

this country is nuts. 

If you are new to it, it is not only in Punjab. Pretty prevalent in Haryana as well among Dalits and LCs. This is a new market after exhausting AP, Jharkhand, Chattisgarh and south

15 hours ago, Ranvir said:

Religion in Punjab isn't always so clear cut. With a lot of the population it is hard to tell if they are Hindu or Sikh, especially in the huge dalit community who are the biggest group after Jatt Sikhs.

Completely agree. There is a huge diversity in Sikhs as well. Sainis dominate Doaba regions like Hoshiarpur, Jalandhar etc whereas Bains and Randhawas dominate in Ambarsar.

So, I don't think it is a Hindu or Sikh divide as such. 

17 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Wait what?

So what you are implying is that its okay for the BJP to ally itself with a part that is involved in cross border drug trade to keep the Congress out?

Seems to be a recurring theme with the BJP.

They were in an alliance with the anti national PDP in Kashmir and were trying hard to woo and strike a deal with Dawood Ibrahim's (sic) NCP in Maharashtra.

Look what happened to PDP.

16 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Oh wow. I must say.  I am learning. Today I learnt Sikh can be Dalit. But apparently he can be Christian too. 

this country is nuts. 

Long years ago, my dad had an elderly driver by the name Sohail Vijay.

He was a Telugu speaking Christian. 

Identities are fluid.