Did you really like the India - Pakistan rivalry ?

MechEng

16 hours ago, zen said:

Ind and Pak have a common history. Similar culture but different outlook based on religion, democracy, etc.

With fewer games being played now and the importance of World Cups, the pre game excitement will be there. 

I doubt if Armenia and Azerbaijan would be desperate to play a football game against one another. As I mentioned in OP, there has to be a healthy sense of camaraderie. 

22 hours ago, sandeep said:

Undeniable that its missing the 'juice' now that Pakistan is such a mediocre team.

IF India ends up losing the odd game to them, you just know its a fluke.  Doesn't sting that much.

CT Final was a fluke. Pakistan played well on the day. Still it hurts.

Even I don't like their love for terrorists  and extremists, hatred for other religions, "we are better than these hindus because of so n so" complex.. but will still say it was an intense rivalry which made me excited, nervous,sometimes thrilled and sometimes sad.

Yes reasons for intensity lied outside the field unlike many other sports rivalry which begin on the field but it still kept me very passionately engaged as a fan.

Can proudly say we were more than a match for them even when we were at our worst and they were at their best.

2003-2011 we were better team but still they occasionally got better of us and due to that H2H in this period is equal.

After 2012 they are in decline and I think the rivalry is losing its importance due to one sidedness of it.

Used to like it in ninenties. After that Sehwag Pathan 2004 visit, it started loosing its sheen. Since then Pakistan have gone down the hole of mediocrity..

And now, Talibanised Pakistan have no right playing Gentlemans game and rubbing shoulders with civilsed countries

I enjoy the odis between these 2 teams. Edge of the seat stuff.

Tests between these 2 sides  are super boring. Outside of the chennai test I don’t remember a super exciting India-Pak test match. May be their might have been a few before my time but my lifetime as a cricket fan, unfortunately , that’s the only one I can remember that was close.

T20 well the WT20 final match is my most favorite Top 3-5 cricket matches that I saw ever. Apart from those 2 WT20 games the other ones even in WT20 have been dud. 

I think I enjoy watching Pakistan  cricket YouTube channels  more than watching the Pakistan team play these days. 

Having assessed what I said above  overall I would lean towards a yes.

Even when teams were at full strength , India Pakistan matches rarely lived upto the billing especially tests. It was always teams playing not to lose rather than win. India Australia matches were far most interesting and that was real rivalry. If India played them over last decade they would have wiped them out every series both home and away.

Edited by putrevus