Changes you expecting for T20 WC team before 10th Oct?

Austin 3:!6

44 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Why? He was taking wickets in IPL in last 2 seasons but was completely **** in international cricket.

Last 3 years, bowling average of 38, ER of 9. Three good IPL games post team selection do not suddenly make him a world class bowler.

Yes Rahul Chahar has lit fire in international cricket :giggle:

I would anyday take a proven inform bowler like Chahal in an event like world cup over rokees. 

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I would anyday take a proven inform bowler like Chahal in an event like world cup over rokees. 

Averages 20 with ER of 7.7 in T20Is in a smal sample of 5 T20Is, outbowling him nearly everytime they have bowled together. That bowling average is nearly HALF of Chahal's in last 3 years.

I am glad selectors are not as emotional about experience.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
5 hours ago, Pollack said:

If he is selected he must replace axar Patel. With jadeja in the squad axar Patel is redundant.

One leggie is more than enough, if Chahal gets in, he should be replacing R Chahar.

Axar is a good player but redundant as you mentioned due to Jadeja who is a better all round player. Axar should be replaced with a pacer D Chahar/Thakur/Siraj. 

Ideally two of D Chahar/Thakur/Siraj gets in to the final squad replacing Axar and Bhuvi.

Edited by Vivek92
2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Correct.

Especially with the lack of cricket over the past 12 months due to covid, Chahal in form will be a weapon of mass destruction.

Importatntly he is taking wickets against international players at the same grounds where the world cup will be played.

I feel India's chances of winning or losing this World Cup hinges on the changes made in the next few weeks.

Bowlers like Chahal and Thakur must be included.

Im more worried about India's slow openers like Hitman, KL and Kohli at 3. We are going to be making a lot of slow starts to each innings. Kohli struggles to score barely about 110 SR.

6 hours ago, SRT100 said:

I feel India's chances of winning or losing this World Cup hinges on the changes made in the next few weeks.

Bowlers like Chahal and Thakur must be included.

Im more worried about India's slow openers like Hitman, KL and Kohli at 3. We are going to be making a lot of slow starts to each innings. Kohli struggles to score barely about 110 SR.

Tbf u.a.e is a slow track. If there is one pitch where we need kuli to play like kuli does these days then it would be in u.a.e.

On 10/3/2021 at 11:38 PM, ShoonyaSifar said:

Why? He was taking wickets in IPL in last 2 seasons but was completely **** in international cricket.

Last 3 years, bowling average of 38, ER of 9. Three good IPL games post team selection do not suddenly make him a world class bowler.

WC is in UAE. He does well in UAE and  he didn't play internationals in UAE. UAE is the factor here.

34 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

WC is in UAE. He does well in UAE and  he didn't play internationals in UAE. UAE is the factor here.

He was doing well in IPL in India as well in last 2-3 years.

Did jack **** in T20Is in India in last 3 years, bowling average of 35, ER of 9.2. Should have bee dropped from the team long back.

2 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

UAE pitches are different,they play on the same grounds over and over again,maybe they will make the pitches a bit better for the 1st few matches of the wt20 than it is in the IPL ,but it will be hard to maintain it right through the tournament,the main concern will be dew.

Irrespective of the pitches, Chahal since late 2018 has been a near dud in T20Is in all conditions. These 4-5 matches in UAE do not change anything.

1)  Hardik won't be able to bowl. So, we need a top 6 batsman who can bowl.

Venkatesh Iyer is the only option. Bring him in place of Ishant Kishan, who is totally out of form. Rahul can be the backup keeper.

2)  Shardul in place of Axar. He is a wicket taker and a really good hitter these days. 

3). Siraj would be a nice addition too, in place of out of form Bhuvi.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

1)  Hardik won't be able to bowl. So, we need a top 6 batsman who can bowl.

Venkatesh Iyer is the only option. Bring him in place of Ishant Kishan, who is totally out of form. Rahul can be the backup keeper.

2)  Shardul in place of Axar. He is a wicket taker and a really good hitter these days. 

3). Siraj would be a nice addition too, in place of out of form Bhuvi.

My Playing 11 after these changes

1. Rohit

2. Venkatesh ( dashing opener cum 6th bowler )

3. Kohli ( just because he is the captain)

4. Rahul ( plays at a higher SR at 4 or 5 )

5. Pant

6. Hardik

7. Jadeja

8. Shardul

9. Siraj / Shami

10. Bumrah

11. Chakravarthy 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

My Playing 11 after these changes

1. Rohit

2. Venkatesh ( dashing opener cum 6th bowler )

3. Kohli ( just because he is the captain)

4. Rahul ( plays at a higher SR at 4 or 5 )

5. Pant

6. Hardik

7. Jadeja

8. Shardul

9. Siraj / Shami

10. Bumrah

11. Chakravarthy 

I have a feeling choosing chakravarthy is a mistake. We need someone like axar instead. 

10 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Why not?these pitches have spongy bounce making it harder to drive or sweep,once those two shots are in the game then it's different.

For the simple reason that IPL form is not the same as international T20s form.

If IPL UAE leg was to be the selection criteria, we should be dropping 5-6 players including Rohit, SKY, Kishan, Hardik, Ashwin and Bhuvi, even Rishabh Pant.

We have quite the quandary. The pitches are slow and sluggish suiting medium pacers who take pace off the ball more than spinners but our spinners have the cushion of bigger boundaries compared to what they usually get on main indian grounds. Based only on the ipl it looks like we have chosen a spin heavy squad.