Umran Malik - 150 kph Indian pace sensation

Texan

9 hours ago, Jay said:

Nantie Hayward was one of the fastest bowlers I have ever seen bowl. He is faster than Donald and shchulz. He was the quickest saffer bowler ever. 

Would put him on par with Lee. He was rapid as *.

nantie was very wayward (not hayward), which made him ineffective. schultz was very dangerous. genuine quick, awkward action, left arm angle, etc... a more hostile mitch johnson in his pomp. however, his career ended too early sadly. ngam was another unfulfilled talent

21 minutes ago, Vijy said:

nantie was very wayward (not hayward), which made him ineffective. schultz was very dangerous. genuine quick, awkward action, left arm angle, etc... a more hostile mitch johnson in his pomp. however, his career ended too early sadly. ngam was another unfulfilled talent

Agreed. Schulz was actually a very good bowler. Hayvard got pummelled by Sehwag who generally sucked in s.africa. 

In s.africa you get help with bounce and seam movement so swing bowlers can be deadly there. 

That's why England do so well there. Bad matchup for s.africa

18 hours ago, putrevus said:

Imran or Qadir rarely played with Waqar.Waqar made his debut in 1988 not 78.He would have been great with or without any other partners.Akthar was not even half the bowler as Waqar.Fast bowling is much more than speed.

Still there is no way this guy is faster than Waqar.If he becomes even 1/2 th of  Waqar then he would be a great bowler.

Waqar made his debut under Imran. 

8 hours ago, Vijy said:

Whatever I have seen of Schulz, he doesn't look as quick as Johnson or starc.

19 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Waqar was more like Shami in terms of speed. Seen several matches of him against other countries.  Akram occasionally could bowl a genuine quick stuff. Waqar was fast. Not express.  He was always about wobbling the ball in the air.  Due to that late swing batsmen often succumbed while reading the trajectory. His  run up gives you an illusion that he is express.  Back then there were only a handful who were able to bowl 90 mph consistently. Donald was one. Brett Schultz was considered to be quicker than Donald. Until Akthar/Brett Lee arrive we didn't have any 150 kph. Zahid was the fastest for Pakistan.  Neither Ambrose nor Walsh were express.  For India Srinath was the fastest. Visually Brett Lee/AKhtar are the fastest i have seen. Akhtar can look insanely quick. Umran Ali is comfortably quicker than Waqar ever was. But in terms of skills that is a completely different topic.

Is that early or late 90s Waqar ? IIRC its the former that was mentioned as very quick and he did lose pace over the years. 

3 hours ago, Clarke said:

Is that early or late 90s Waqar ? IIRC its the former that was mentioned as very quick and he did lose pace over the years. 

You can check the footage of him from 1992 world cup as well. Donald was the fastest in that world cup. He was clocking 90 mph named as white lightning.

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Whatever I have seen of Schulz, he doesn't look as quick as Johnson or starc.

yes, he was probably 5 kph (or more) slower than both. but he bowled an awkward line and length, had a difficult action to handle, and of course was helped by spicy pitches. when we toured SA, he looked the hardest to handle, more so than Donald.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

yes, he was probably 5 kph (or more) slower than both. but he bowled an awkward line and length, had a difficult action to handle, and of course was helped by spicy pitches. when we toured SA, he looked the hardest to handle, more so than Donald.

He had a very traditional action as well, IMHO. 

On 3/24/2022 at 10:48 AM, Rightarmfast said:

Bowling is good. But the commentary in Hyderabadi urdu is accent is 'lobe':P  :P :)

this guy looks too FAST...3 wickets he took. 

i think Indian selectors need to get this GUY FAST. 

i look forward to see SRH Matches. i think he will get maximum Wickets in this IPL.

On 3/24/2022 at 11:43 PM, Vijy said:

Zondeki had some pace, Telemachus when young was a strong quick bowler.

On 3/23/2022 at 10:37 AM, putrevus said:

let us agree to disagree. I don't think  this guy is faster than Waqar.I also disagree that reverse is all about bottle caps.

Show one delivery documentary evidence from a source of repute, waqar 153kph delivery. 

Use of bottle caps were illegal and it was done by waqar, so that will stain his achievements nothing much can be done about it. 

All these are facts. 

Show one delivery documentary evidence from a source of repute, waqar 153kph delivery. 

Use of bottle caps were illegal and it was done by waqar, so that will stain his achievements nothing much can be done about it. 

All these are facts. 

Okay man okay…Indian phasassttt bowlers are super duper phastessst eva.